“Make sure you call hotel directly”

Best Western Plus Vancouver Mall Drive Hotel and Suites
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed May 28, 2006

I made my reservation on-line with a credit care got a conf. number, etc. AND called the hotel to verify my confirmed reservation and still upon check I was told my room was only available for one night of my two night stay. The front desk explained that when you reserve on-line you are not really making a reservatoin but just sending the info to the hotel. Okay . . . . My room worked out fine when the asst. manager fixed it the next day but the night clerk didn't know much and couldn't authorize anything on his own. Call the hotel directly and get a conf. number and name of who helps you.
Anyway, the hotel is fine. The rooms are big, the lobby is very nice, easy freeway access. The breakfast was good. Super strong chlorine in pool. Would I stay there again? Probably not. I heard the Residence Inn down the street was great.

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank wind006
Harj V, Owner at Best Western Plus Vancouver Mall Drive Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 360-256-0707.

Reviewed April 12, 2006

Made our reservations with a credit card 3 weeks ahead on the internet - big mistake. Evidently, the internet site does not communicate to individual properties very well. Being a somewhat seasoned traveler, I had an inkling about this and called the hotel directly the night before to confirm. Yes, they had us down and knew we would be in late.

When we arrived (extremely tired) at 11:30pm, we were shocked to find out NO ROOM. There was nothing under our name. Period. My husband had the front desk call the management and spoke with someone in charge. Again, the reponse was "we're sorry, but no room." After hanging up, the front desk clerk tapped in the computer some more and lo and behold there was a room available, just like we had reserved, but under another name (a no show?).

We were in the process of checking in and the phone rang. It was the manager and the clerk told her he had found a room for us. She then told the front desk to make it complimentary - no charge. We were happy with that and even more happier that we had a room at all. Too bad it took a small scene at the front desk and on the phone, too. My husband and I agreed, we would of much rather had our room available and pay for it.

The room was well kept and comfortable. Housekeeping is well-run and friendly.

I am pleased that the front desk clerk handled the situation by finding a room! Very apologetic too. I know mistakes are made, but what sets a good business apart from a not-so-good one, is their attempt to make it right, especially when it's their mistake. Good job, Best Western, and thank you.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business

Reviewed March 14, 2006

I hosted a meeting in this hotel's conference room. Hotel management confirmed with me multiple times their conference room could hold up to 45 people comfortably. When it came time to conduct our event, we were shocked to find the room is tiny and can handle only 15 people comfortably. when I inquired at the front desk asking for help, they told my this happens all the time. They said I should have known better.

The front desk staff attempted to blame me for the misrepresented-size of their room (even though I had a written contract to reserve the room.) The front desk did everything possible to blame me, the customer, rather than admit they either lie about their facility or have no idea what they are talking about. I believe they don't know how to be truthful.

The front desk management even had the gall to attempt to charge me full price in breach of contract for my use of their meeting facility, from which they would not back down. When all was settled calmly, the front desk manager told me that I and my company are never welcome at their hotel again. These are not nice people. Be very careful when reserving a room or meeting space at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank UtahRelaxedtraveller

Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed October 2, 2005

Ok maybe that is a little deceptive, but there is a reason for it.

They didn't have a room on the Non-Smoking floor , but they
offered a Non smoking Room on the Smoking Floor. I gave them
my best Frownie Face and said booking a month in advance should
have given them enough warning that I was coming.

Impressed (no doubt) by my impeccable logic , they offered me a
Non Smoking suite on the Non Smoking Floor. Warily I asked if it
would be the same price ( $ 67 for 2 queen size beds ), and was
assured that it was.

We hauled all of our stuff ( and we had a LOT ) to the room,opened the
door and picked our jaws off the floor. The MAIN room had a King size
bed, TV, table and large couch,bath,e.t.c.,, and the 2ND room was
almost that big ( no couch ). Later I asked the clerk what the normal
rate for a suite like that was and she said it was $110 a night.
I stayed in a place in Califoria where the ENTIRE ROOM would have
fit in the bathroom area.

I absolutely loved it. I would definitely stay here again, even I have to
"settle" for just 2 queen beds.

P.S. No, we did not use BOTH rooms, but if you are traveling with kids,
a suite is a nice thing to have. At a $110 , it would be a steal.

Reviewed August 2, 2005

Our family was headed back home when our van developed problems. It was a Sunday and we had to stay over night in order to get our car worked on. The front staff was able to give us an incredible rate and we were treated very well. The rooms are large and oh so clean! The pool was a hit with the kids and we were pleasantly surprised with how warm it was! Breakfast in the morning was great and included in the price of the room (did I mention they gave us a great rate????, what a deal!) Our stay was perfect!

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank Power5

Reviewed August 12, 2004

Our family spent 2 nights here after moving out of another Vancouver Inn. The Best Western was a breath of fresh air: confortable beds, roomy, clean and quiet. They went the extra distance and allowed us to check-in hours early. We enjoyed the hot tub and indoor pool, as well.

Spokane,WA.
Reviewed July 1, 2004

It's a little off the main drive. Easy to miss if you're not looking for it. Well worth looking for. Very clean, nice pool and hot tub, large rooms. I highly recommend it if you are going to be staying in the Vancouver/Portland area. Very easy Portland airport access.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member