“Great rooms. Weak on breakfast.”

Best Western Plus Vancouver Mall Drive Hotel and Suites
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Spacious, clean, and comfortable rooms. Quiet, with A/C not too loud. My complaint with breakfast was seeing three sugary cold cereals next to cornflakes, and sugared versions for all of the instant oatmeal. In contrast, we stayed at a different hotel of the same chain on the following night and had a choice of three non-sugary cereals and plain instant oatmeal as well as better scrambled eggs for breakfast. It would not take much for management to have some healthier choices.

• Stayed: August 2013
Alex F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Vancouver Mall Drive Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Westport76,

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed our rooms. As far as breakfast, I am more than happy to look into other options. There are changes that I wish to make, and am just waiting on pricing. I do like the idea of homemade oatmeal and will look at making that happen as quickly as possible. Hopefully by the next time you visit I will have been able to implement some great changes.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Best Western near the Vancouver Mall. The rooms are always nice and the staff friendly. If you fill out a box that asks what could be done to make your stay even better, be ready to have your wish fulfilled. I asked for "$1,000,000 in small bills" and that is what we got......a million dollars in "small bills". The staff had made (and cut out) 1.000 copies of small $1,000 bills (about 3" long by about 1 1/2" wide). It made for a fun surprise and it also made for a nice story as we told others what we had received during our stay. Thanks again Best Western.....Vancouver (Mall).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kenneth L,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your million dollar room. Richelle, Samatha, and I had a blast printing it out for you. We hope you didn't spend it all in one place. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Thanks again,

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This place rocks it! great accommodations, pleasant personnel, Wonderful rooms. The pool was warm and hot tub was perfect, not to hot/not to cold. Price was great by reserving on web. I will stay here when ever possible!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear shellystamps3,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. Our amenities are very inviting and I keep the pool nice and warm and very clean. And our team members are waiting to welcome each and every guest as they come through our doors. On behalf of my entire team, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Have stayed here many times and have always been treated like we were important. Rooms are clean and customer service is awesome! Oh and my daughter loves the fresh baked cookies they always seem to have right out of the oven. We will continue to stay here every time the opportunity arises!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Deb L,

Thank you very much for your kind words and your loyalty. I am glad you feel like you are important to us, because you are! We love what we do here. I am so glad your daughter enjoys our fresh made cookies, we have also integrated Cinnamon Rolls into our routine. WE all look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We felt very comfortable during our stay. No complaints. All the employees were friendly. Breakfast was good, rooms very clean and had great decor. Loved this hotel! Alex, the manager even drove us to the amphitheater to our concert and then picked us up. Now, that is great service!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Rachael N,

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay and hope that you enjoyed the Rush concert. I am glad we were able to make it memorable as well. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have stayed at several hotels due to Coaching Softball. This Hotel is always so nice to stay at. Complete 100% satisfied every time I stay! The breakfast buffet is amazing. Rooms are always clean and they smell clean. I have been in Hotels that have a musty uncleanly smell to they or simply a smell of not being used for a while. Not once have I smelled this. Also it was great to see they also go above and beyond for the handicap community. They have put in something accommodating them in there pool area that gives opportunity for them to enjoy as well. It's great to see a Hotel so well managed, so well cared about! Always makes traveling feel like home!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear GreekGirl2007,

Thank you for your kind words and also for your loyalty, we always look forward to your team. They are always well behaved, takes a great coach to accomplish this at times. I am pleased hear that you always enjoy our breakfast and the pool. We look forward to next summer's games. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel and staff was very nice. However, there was no hot water when I went to take a shower. I tried to use the wifi, and I got a error message saying that there were too many subscribers. I wasn't able to use wifi. The AC/fan did not work. I left it on over night. My hotel room was a little stuffy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Vanissa H,

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the hot water and WIFI. We have since replaced the valve the shower that regulates hot water vs cold water. Seems it just wore out. We are working on the WIFI, unfortunately on a busy night it can get backed up. We just have to call the service provider and have them free up those that are idle. We do hope to see you again soon.