Best Western Plus Vancouver Mall Drive Hotel and Suites
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
“High recommended”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have stayed at several hotels due to Coaching Softball. This Hotel is always so nice to stay at. Complete 100% satisfied every time I stay! The breakfast buffet is amazing. Rooms are always clean and they smell clean. I have been in Hotels that have a musty uncleanly smell to they or simply a smell of not being used for a while. Not once have I smelled this. Also it was great to see they also go above and beyond for the handicap community. They have put in something accommodating them in there pool area that gives opportunity for them to enjoy as well. It's great to see a Hotel so well managed, so well cared about! Always makes traveling feel like home!

• Stayed August 2013
Alex F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Vancouver Mall Drive Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear GreekGirl2007,

Thank you for your kind words and also for your loyalty, we always look forward to your team. They are always well behaved, takes a great coach to accomplish this at times. I am pleased hear that you always enjoy our breakfast and the pool. We look forward to next summer's games. Thanks again.

Alex Fullerton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Korean first
Morgan Hill, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel and staff was very nice. However, there was no hot water when I went to take a shower. I tried to use the wifi, and I got a error message saying that there were too many subscribers. I wasn't able to use wifi. The AC/fan did not work. I left it on over night. My hotel room was a little stuffy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Vanissa H,

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the hot water and WIFI. We have since replaced the valve the shower that regulates hot water vs cold water. Seems it just wore out. We are working on the WIFI, unfortunately on a busy night it can get backed up. We just have to call the service provider and have them free up those that are idle. We do hope to see you again soon.

Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed for a Sleep County Amphitheater concert---extremely easy and close access to concert. I have stayed at others a few miles up I-5, but this was soooo easy access, I will probably stay here again.
One slight disappointment. We stayed 2 nights--I would have enjoyed a view of a tree--we got a brick wall. I would think someone staying 2 nights, the view would have been taken in consideration. Desk staff was good. Maybe they should ask their guest how their night was when they see them in the morning.
The breakfast was fantastic. The 2 employees staffing the breakfast were extremely competent and their personalities were outstanding. Really made the stay. The one truly understood customer service--wish I had gotten her name, please give her a raise and put her into hotel management!!
While staying in this area--be sure to visit the Ridgefield wildlife area--go back towards amphitheater (take exit #14? it will have a sign)---turn left off freeway, only $3.00 for a car---trails, car drive area--we spent 5 hrs there!!! A bridge where the train goes under---fun!

Room Tip: There are beautiful trees along one wall, lots to see in a tree, ask for that instead of a plain wal...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear oceankiteflyer,

Thank you for your feedback. I hope the concert was a blast and wildlife viewing eventful. I will take your thoughts into consideration and will attempt to put multiple night visitors on a side with a view. Since your stay, I have requested that all agents ask the guest how their visit was. I always ask, as I am curious to know what everyone has been up to. We value our Breakfast Attendant and hope that we can integrate her into other aspects of our team when the opportunity arises. We look forward to your next visit.

Long Beach, California
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My daughters and I were traveling recently and had to book rooms while we were on the road. We booked this hotel at around 4 p.m. for that evening. The room rate wasn't bad for 2 people and a child and we were able to get two beds. When we arrived around 11:00 p.m. I was greeted by the most pleasant of people, Joe. He was able to get me checked in pretty fast. When we got our room we were the last room on a long hall from the elevator. But who cares when you're really tired, right? The room itself was very pleasant however I would avoid this particular room if you care about any view. It looked right into a block wall. The breakfast the next morning was eggs, bacon, waffles and the normal continental fare. Great free food and a very nice dining area with tv. The only thing that kind of baffled me was that there was a guest in there that brought her dog into the dining area. I think that this should be looked into. I love pets but not around my food. The other down side was the parking, and location of this hotel. It seems to have been built on the only left over available land in a business area with offices. If you don't really know where you are going you really could miss it. Just look for the chiropractors office and its behind that! I do wish to thank again Joe for being so nice to very tired travelers.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 324 if you are looking for a view. Great room for sleeping!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear nativecalifornian,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Joe is great isn't he! Another valuable part of our team here. I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed our spacious rooms. I do apologize for the view on that side of the building. I do not allow dogs in the breakfast room (unless the law requires it) When this hotel was built we were all by ourselves, then the land around it got sold off and that is how we acquired some of the scenery near by. We look forward to your next visit.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Best Western Plus (Vancouver Mall) for a long weekend of site seeing and had such an amazing experience at there!

Here our my 5 reasons why I would recommend a stay to my friend:

1. The rooms were large and spacious which allowed us to spread out and get out of each others way. Additionally, the house keeping staff worked extremely hard to keep the rooms immaculate and fully stocked with the necessities each day.

2. The indoor pool/hot tub stocked with towels felt so good after a long day of site seeing! Don't forget to bring your swim trunks..

3. The airport was conveniently less than a 10 minute drive from the hotel and Downtown Portland was only 15 minutes or so away which was nice.

4. Our group definitely appreciated Samantha's (at the Front Desk) high level of customer service and suggestions on where to eat in Vancouver and Downtown Portland. It was also nice to have Alex Fullerton (The hotel's GM) introduce himself and take a moment to ask us how our stay was going; the staff at this hotel really goes out of their way to make sure you are having a pleasant stay!

5. The continental breakfast was one of the best I have ever had!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jason J,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you had a great stay and experienced excellent customer service from Samantha, she is a valuable part of the team. We do our best to provide all with the best care we can. Thank you for the 5 reasons for your recommendation to our hotel. We greatly appreciate it.

Salt Lake City, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Overall I was very satisfied with my stay here. The staff was friendly and accommodating, the hotel was clean and very presentable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I stayed here to run the Spartan Race and even with the mess I brought back with me all they did was joke about it. I had a single king bed room next to the elevator and never heard it operate, so it was a well insulated room. I didn't hear traffic and the AC operated at a nominal noise level. There are some really good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Robert S,

Thank you for your review, we greatly appreciate it. I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay. I hope the Spartan Race was a success and that next year is even better. We look forward to it.

Thanks again,

pasco
Reviewed August 9, 2013

had a great stay at this hotel. the counter lady was awesome and whent out of her way to make sure our large group of 28 people had the best time we could while there. rooms had everything we need. great stay! one of the best comp. breakfastes i have had.will stay there next time im in that eara

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear mudder t,

I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay. I sure hope the event was a blast. I think I will get out there and join everyone next year. I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast and our clean rooms. We look forward to your next visit.