“Friendly People and Atmosphere - But don't go barefoot!”

Best Western Plus Vancouver Mall Drive Hotel and Suites
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel is in a location that is very convenient to I-205. If you are visiting or doing business in the Vancouver area, this is a great location. The staff, from the front desk to the person in the breakfast room, were all friendly and helpful. The room layouts are typical of this type of hotel - the bed is in an area separate from a sofa (sofabed)/coffee table and desk. Lots of places to plug in chargers.

Now the not-so-nice part. This applies only to room 316 in which I stayed, but I would suspect that other rooms also have this problem. The "carpet" is an indoor/outdoor type. I thought nothing of walking around barefoot on it until I happened to notice that the bottoms of my feet were almost black! I took a dampened washcloth and rubbed in on the carpet and it came up blackened. The carpet was well vacuumed, but it was badly in need of a shampooing. I alerted the front desk to this, but didn't ask for another room because I suspect that this is not the only room with this problem. They assured me the room would be shampooed as soon as I checked out.

My recommendation is to check the floor of the room you are assigned BEFORE you unpack.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Alex F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Vancouver Mall Drive Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear RGaitherHI,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that most of your stay was enjoyable, with the exception of the "dirty carpet". I do agree that it needed a cleaning but not to the level in which you describe. I remember when you came down with your dampened washcloth and indeed I did notice that there was a brown tint to it but I really can not say that it was blackened. I did however get the room cleaned. Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. It's a good value for the price. Rooms are remodeled and look good on the surface. It's what's under the surface that takes away from such a good deal. This Motel has seen better days. The facelift gives the facad of an updated Motel, but after being in the room for a bit, the smell of cigarette smoke comes to life from under the fresh coats of paint and new decor. It's in the walls, and it's in every nook and cranny. It may say non smoking. That is true today. but obviously wasn't the policy of this Motel years ago. If the faint smell of old nicotine annoys you, your might consider another location. If you don't mind the smell permiating the room, it will save you money. This is not a "family" Motel. Lots of Construction workers call this home while working on local projects.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear MetalSales,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your feedback and opinion. I do feel that it is slightly exaggerated however. Granted many years back and before I was assigned to this property. I would hope that when the rooms were converted to non-smoking the appropriate measures were taken. I do know for a fact that the carpet and carpet pad were replaced. At any rate, I have taken measures and have had the room that you stayed taken care off. We also get the occasional policy breaker who may have smoked in the room previously and made it smell of smoke. We do penalize such individuals. We do have a lot of construction workers stay here but they in no way interfere with other guests, in fact, they often bring their families along so they can enjoy the pool and close by shopping, while they are at work. Without construction we wouldn't have these fine buildings to stay in or shopping centers. Have a great day.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

friendly staff at check in. Room clean and comfortable. Swimming pool and area was clean. Bed were very comfortable. Breakfast was ok, lots of tables. Best Western hotels are out hotel of choice, they are a good value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Dennis T,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you had a great stay here and greatly appreciate your loyalty to the brand. I am glad you enjoyed our amenities. We hope your travels bring you back our directions again.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I traveled (driving) from California to Canada and back. We stayed at Best Western hotels all the way up and back. The Best Western Plus Vancouver Mall Dr. Hotel and Suites was a very clean and friendly hotel. We had and excellent stay and we enjoyed visiting the area. We will definitely return and we highly recommend this hotel, for one day or longer, you will feel welcome and cared for. Our trip was a great vacation in part due to all the Best Western hotels we stayed at each stop along the way.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet and comfortable. We had a good night's sleep and felt rested and refreshed...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Michael U,

Thank you for your review, we really value your time and feedback. I am pleased to hear you had a great stay and experience excellent customer service. Not only from our team but also from the teams of other Best Western properties. It truly is our goal to " Lead the Industry in Superior Customer Care" I am glad we were able to be part of that during your travels. We do hope to see you again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very nice and convenient. Great breakfast. Rather have outdoor pool and area. Staff was excellent and friendly. Comfortable. Free wifi a plus. Computer to use in the lobby. Would definately use again. Great price too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review. We are happy to have hosted the Sky Valley Sr Baseball Team and hope to see you all again next season. Unfortunately this area doesn't support having an outdoor pool with the rainy season being so long but we do have a patio area in which you can enjoy being outdoors. I am glad you enjoyed our other amenities. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

From check in to check our this hotel exceeded our expectations. The manager Alex made sure at every turn our group was well taken care of. We would definately stay at this hotel again. Each and every employee made us feel so welcome and taken care of.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear David K,

Thank you for your review. We really enjoyed your visit. I am pleased to hear you had a great stay and experienced our excellent customer service. The Acers were wonderful to have stay here and we hope that next season we will see you all again.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Excellent stay; courteous, friendly, helpful staff. Room was clean & very, very comfortable. Each staff member smiled, especially @ the front desk, whether you were walking in or walking out. We stayed @ Best Westerns, from San Francisco, up the coast to Newport, Orgeon; no surprises, just excellent service and friendliness @ each stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ken C,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to see that your coastal getaway with Best Western was a great experience. I am pleased to hear that they are all providing excellent customer service. We hope that your next excursion will include us in your visit. Again, thank you for your kind words.