“Absolutely great!”

Staybridge Suites Vancouver - Portland Area
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We actually live not to far from this hotel- but we were having our kitchen floors refinished and needed to be out of our house for a few days because of the varnish smell and fumes.

We got a good rate via the Entertainment book. Yes, conveniently enough you can book that online. Not always available but if they aren't really full then they open it up for that rate- we were flexible so it worked for us.

We booked a 1 bedroom suite as I work from home (or hotel!) and my husband is a college instructor who is not teaching this summer. Basically, a standard hotel room with two of us in it for 3 days might have ended a relatively long marriage. We had plenty of room here and with a one bedroom suite and 2 tv's- no debate about news versus sports!

The staff were friendly, the room was very clean. Only thing I might do if I was to go again would be to ask for a top floor room. I'm a light sleeper and the people over our heads (we were on the 3rd floor, hotel has 4 floors) seemed to be "heavy footed" and have a toddler that seemed to run around quite a bit. However- overall not a problem.

Their breakfast was certainly fine for what we needed and two of the three nights we had their evening "snack" dinner. One night they had deli sandwiches, another they had BBQ hamburgers/hot dogs and the third was supposed to be chicken strips but they ran out and switched to corn dogs (not being corn dog fans we ordered and had pizza delivered- no big deal). The lady that does the evening snack/dinner service was so pleasant. No, it's not elegant dining but for two of the three nights we were there it certainly met our needs. I believe they only do that on Tues, Weds and Thurs as that is when most of their corporate customers are around. It seems that green salad is a standard item and often that's enough for us so it was fine. I believe breakfast is served every day, but we were there on a Tues, Weds and Thurs night so can't verify that.

Great value, nice staff. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 27, 2010

I got a corner room on the top floor. The room was super clean, spacious and comfortable. The only thing missing was an oven and it would have been a condo. The location is close to 500 for interstate/freeway access both north and south. A short 15 minute drive to get to downtown Vancouver.

Had one incident with some other guest waking me up fighting but a call to the desk and they were there promptly and the boys were not in the hotel the following night.

I'm planning another trip in a few months and I will be staying here again as I truely liked it.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2009

Way to go Staybridge Vancouver, I have spent 50 nights at this hotel, The friendly staff (Lindsey) is what makes this hotel worth staying at, It was almost like being at home.
Thanks to the whole staff

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank bruceman5000
Reviewed September 30, 2009

Stayed here one night for a concert at the Clark County Amphitheater. I booked the room through Priceline and got a smoking deal. Upon arrival, the front desk staff noted that it was a prepaid Priceline reservation, and I thought I was going to get hosed with a small smoking room. Instead, she asked how many people in our party (two guys) and whether we wanted smoking or non-smoking (non-smoking). She then said she was short on those rooms, and upgraded us to a 2-bedroom suite at no charge. Awesome room, excellent service, good breakfast. I've been having good experiences at the Intercontinental Hotel group lately, and this is another mark in their favor. I'd definitely stay here again, even without the upgrades.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2009

My husband and I stayed for R & R and the place just had the comfort of home. It had a kitchenette, free breakfast and the location is near to everything we wanted to go to.
The staff are wonderful and very helpful. As Priority club member, we received a welcome letter. One of the benefit that the hotel offered to us was a free DVD rental. They have an outside pool and my husband saw a basketball court which I'm sure our boys would appreciate if they come with us the next time.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2009

We only stayed one night, but I wouldn't have minded staying longer. The room wasn't very big but it was certainly large enough to be comfortable for two people. Everything was quite clean and well-maintained. We didn't eat the free breakfast here but it looked to be fairly decent with a number of different options. You can even borrow DVDs and games from the front desk for free. Our first (non-smoking) room smelled quite strongly of cigarette smoke, but the hotel clerk reassigned us to a different room quickly and cheerfully. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by the overall quality of this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

We didn't stay in Vancouver because there was a lot to do ... we stayed there because of the proximity to the Portland Airport. With that said, the city was actually pretty nice and there are several good dining options within a few minutes (driving) of the hotel. We felt absolutely safe both around the hotel and the city.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Clean, comfortable, three TVs in our two-bedroom suite, big fridge and freezer in kitchenette, two full bathrooms, attractive, modern, and good location. I would definitely stay again. Excellent layout of bedrooms has pocket doors to close off the kids into their own space, 'living room' strategically located between the two bedrooms...when traveling with teenagers in the car all day it's nice to have that distance when you want it. No shortage of TVs so no on is forced to watch something they don't want to (i.e. SpongeBob). The only downside I can think of is that the beautiful outdoor pool area was inundated with people standing around at the adjacent barbque grill and Basketball court all evening so my kids didn't want to swim because it felt too much like they were 'in a fishbowl' so to speak. People were out there partying and hanging out until late. If we went again, we'd go swimming before the evening crowd started gathering in the garden areas by the pool.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family