We actually live not to far from this hotel- but we were having our kitchen floors refinished and needed to be out of our house for a few days because of the varnish smell and fumes.
We got a good rate via the Entertainment book. Yes, conveniently enough you can book that online. Not always available but if they aren't really full then they open it up for that rate- we were flexible so it worked for us.
We booked a 1 bedroom suite as I work from home (or hotel!) and my husband is a college instructor who is not teaching this summer. Basically, a standard hotel room with two of us in it for 3 days might have ended a relatively long marriage. We had plenty of room here and with a one bedroom suite and 2 tv's- no debate about news versus sports!
The staff were friendly, the room was very clean. Only thing I might do if I was to go again would be to ask for a top floor room. I'm a light sleeper and the people over our heads (we were on the 3rd floor, hotel has 4 floors) seemed to be "heavy footed" and have a toddler that seemed to run around quite a bit. However- overall not a problem.
Their breakfast was certainly fine for what we needed and two of the three nights we had their evening "snack" dinner. One night they had deli sandwiches, another they had BBQ hamburgers/hot dogs and the third was supposed to be chicken strips but they ran out and switched to corn dogs (not being corn dog fans we ordered and had pizza delivered- no big deal). The lady that does the evening snack/dinner service was so pleasant. No, it's not elegant dining but for two of the three nights we were there it certainly met our needs. I believe they only do that on Tues, Weds and Thurs as that is when most of their corporate customers are around. It seems that green salad is a standard item and often that's enough for us so it was fine. I believe breakfast is served every day, but we were there on a Tues, Weds and Thurs night so can't verify that.
Great value, nice staff. Highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites Vancouver/Portland Area extends the best service and value in the area. Our premier location is near the Vancouver Mall (Westfield Center), Delta Park, Club Green Meadows and Vancouver Tennis Center. Located minutes from the Portland Airport and companies such as SEH America, Bonneville Power Administration, Papa Murphy s, Sharp, EDS/Hewlett Packard, Prestige Healthcare, Columbia Machine, Karcher, Underwriters Laboratory, Evergreen Healthcare, Earthlink/New Edge Networks and Kiewit Construction make it an excellent choice for business travelers.Our complimentary hot breakfast buffet served daily will be a perfect start to your day! Settle in to our great room with a complimentary cold beer, glass of wine or soft drink during our legendary evening Sundowner Reception during the week. We also have a 24 hour business center and BridgeMart convenience center. Here for a while? Enjoy our free laundry center! Other services include free wireless Internet access, a outdoor heated pool and spa, sport court and BBQ Pavilion.Each of our rooms is a spacious apartment style studio, one bedroom, or two bedroom suite complete with a full kitchen with microwave, stove top, dishwasher and full size refrigerator making it perfect for guests staying more than a few nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Vancouver - Portland Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Vancouver - Portland Area Hotel Vancouver
- Vancouver Staybridge Suites