“Noise, Noise and More Noise”

Staybridge Suites Vancouver - Portland Area
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Seattle, Washington
“Noise, Noise and More Noise”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

You hear everything. Your neighbors' conversations. The yipping of the dog staying down the hall. The water in the pipes. I didn't see an ice machine near my room, but I swear I heard one.

Other than the noise issues, the hotel is nice. Attractive rooms of a relatively modern vintage. Clean. Comfortable enough, although I would have preferred a slightly softer bed.

For the price, I might consider staying here again. But if I do, I'll bring ear plugs.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Deborah K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Vancouver - Portland Area, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Deborah K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the noise issue. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

I trust that the above issues will not deter you from choosing us as your hotel in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Top floor was quiet. Would have been nice to have a small oven in the kitchenette. Also didn't have one of those folding stands to put your suitcase on. Bed was comfortable, liked the decor/color scheme in the room, check in went smoothly and the staff we encountered were very nice. Lots of electrical outlets with easy access. A channel guide for the TV would have been nice - there was a list of all the stations, but no numbers! The workout room is tiny, so if anyone else is using it at the same time expect to be exercising in *really* close proximity to strangers. The elliptical machine needs a tune up - it made horrible noises - but the two treadmills looked decent. Breakfast wasn't spectacular and they were out of hard boiled eggs the second day, but we weren't expecting much. Housekeeping service is by request on the weekends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsCJR
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have stayed at a few different Staybridge Suites. One of the reasons I stay at Staybridge Suites is the very good breakfast buffet. Typically there is a large selection of things to eat and the serving line is kept stocked. I was very disappointed with the breakfast buffet at this property. The food selection was very limited. To make things worse the serving line was not kept stocked. The rooms were nice and the rates were reasonable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Vancouver - Portland Area, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Bill D,

Thank your for your review of our property. I am pleased that you found the rooms to be nice.

However, let met apologize if our breakfast selection didn't live up to your expectations. Our staff always pay special attention to the breakfast choices to ensure good quality and we deeply regret that we didn't meet your expectations this time.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us another chance in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Francisco
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was a great base for us when we had to stay in the area for a week. Everything there is better than other hotels. It can be confusing, There are no wrapped plastic glasses but there are crystal glasses in the kitchen. I thought my wife had gotten up but she had just moved to another part of the huge bed. The shower was a big new walk in model with no tub. I think I'll get one like that in our house. This is a real suite with two separate bedrooms, a living room and a kitchenette. For lot of places a suite just means two beds side by side with a living room.
It is pricey but we found that eating at the breakfast and dinner bar saved on restaurant meals and got us out earlier than otherwise. There is a free laundry room that helped us out too. The staff were all very nice and always helpful. The things wrong were their computers and the pool. The ones available for guests never worked right. I had a lot of trouble logging on to my email and printing things. i had to trick them in to doing what i wanted. Even the email survey I got in my inbox failed to load. The swimming pool was down too. That is not much at all really. The place is definitely worth it. Perfect for a family on the move.

Room Tip: ground floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank silver_roadhog
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here on March 8th on our way to California. This was our first time staying at a stay bridge and we weren't sure what to expect. I have to say that it was a perfect choice fr what we were looking for. The suite was compact but comfortable and had everything we needed. The full kitchen was great!!! We arrived really late and were tired. The two guys at the front desk (sorry I forgot the names) were really kind and helpful. They gave us detailed directions on how to find the place when we got lost and answered all our questions when we finally arrived. Beds were quite comfortable. The only thing that we didn't realize upon check in was that the pull out was a single bed and we were hoping to use it for both our kids. But no biggy! Also the breakfast in the morning was great. Good selection with oatmeal, eggs, etc. overall we were very happy. And if we are ever traveling in that direction, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dabsaz
Bellevue, WA
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stay in Vancouver about once a month, our normal place was full, so we tried Staybridge for 2 nights. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The room was large, with full kitchen. The furniture was a bit worn in places, but comfortable. The central patio/pool area looked very inviting for nicer weather days. The residents appeared to be a mix of families and working people. We did not use the buffet breakfast, but it looked typical for this type of hotel. There was also an evening happy hour buffet with free wine and beer that seemed well-attended. These are not luxury accommodations, but represented excellent value for the space and service received.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank c7999
Keystone, Colorado
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Moving to Vancouver WA I discovered there was no heat at my new apartment upon arrival as the gas wasn't turned on. I had stayed at this hotel once before and they allow pets. It is very nice! The staff is absolutely super, it is clean and the hotel breakfast isn't too bad.
I had internet trouble and the staff moved me to a room on the 2nd floor where pets are not allowed to accommodate me. I highly recommend staying here if you find yourself in Vancouver WA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo