“Taking my wife for Ribs;”
Review of Goldies BBQ

Goldies BBQ
Ranked #83 of 714 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Barbecue
La Center, Washington, United States
“Taking my wife for Ribs;”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My Russian born wife and I have sampled alot of the different foods available in this country since she immigrated in 98 to become my wife and Thanks to me but only at first it has been a adventure of many a variety of American cuisine that we have found available to us ! But what she has liked best since coming to America has been BBQ Ribs preferably Baby backs ? I was led to Goldies for the first time by a Buddy and liked their Texas style Ribs very much !" So naturally I just had to introduce my bride too ! Goldies is a very casual place and has a much varied menu of greens, cornbread, corn on the cob great coleslaw to mention but a few things ?" I heartily recommend this place as a great drop-in for a couple or a large family? One or many you will not be disappointed ? ''Great''

• Visited June 2014

Yuma, Arizona
“Still the Best BBQ in Town”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Still the best BBQ in town. Had the baby back ribs with a side of slaw and a side of their greens, which are excellent. Really an outstanding lunch. We like the medium sauce with the ribs. In fact, I try to make a point of getting them to sell me some in a 16 oz container so I can enjoy it at home. If you like real authentic BBQ ribs, and/or pulled pork, this is the place to come. They prepare their meats in smokers on site. These are friendly folks who know what they're doing and the food shows it.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Mel K
Vancouver, Washington
“The best”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just got back from a cross country trip through the south no BBQ compared to Goldie's. The best thing it just down the road. I love the food here because its made with love.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Darel M
Porterville, California
“Doesn't live up to the hype.”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Most reviews I've read say this place is slightly better than Daddy D's. We had the St Louis ribs, baked beans, potato salad and also had the collard greens. This place is no match for Daddy D's. I had exactly the same meal that I ate at Daddy D's. The ribs potato salad and baked beans. If Daddy D's didn't exist then this place would be fine but since I ate at Daddy D's first, this place does not compare. The ribs look like they were from the morning. They were overcooked and looked like they were keeping them in a warmer. The potato salad tasted like it came out of a bucket bought at Costco and the collard greens tasted way to bitter. Hands down the food at Daddy's D's is better and fresher. Every one of the items are made from scratch at Daddy D's.
Yes you sacrifice the restaurant atmosphere over eating in a gas station but if you're there for the food Daddy D's has better food hands down.

Visited September 2013
Houston, Texas
“Ample servings”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Truly BBQ cooked slowly. Very ample servings and the brisket was excellent. The hot BBQ sauce is spicy hot but the sides are very good. The beef ribs were too dry. It looks to be more of a carryout restaurant than a sit down type of place. I live in Texas and have been to many BBQ s and would place it about middle compared to Texas BBQ s.

• Visited September 2013