“Make sure you have the brisket”
Review of Goldies BBQ

Goldies BBQ
Ranked #73 of 705 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Cochrane, Canada
“Make sure you have the brisket”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

A warm little hole in the wall. Chairs a bit worn, panting tape used as decor, and the best brisket this side of Texas. So very good. The chicken was a bit dry, but flavorful, the pork was meh, but GET THE BRISKET. Just a Cavet, if you want the fried okra, it is done in a beet batter, not a cornmeal.so it wasn't what I was expecting and not quite as good as I had hoped.
Prices are a bit on the high side and air conditioning on the non-existent side, but I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited July 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Not the South, but Close Enough”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I'm a Southern BBQ connoisseur so when I travel, I visit as many local BBQ joints as I can. Goldies isn't the South... but it's close enough for these parts of the Northwest.

The choices are all there... the expected meat dishes, platters, etc. and all the usual sides. The fried okra is great, the brisket is to die for, and the cooks are a delight! The service on the front end was less than friendly and the decor is simple and incomplete.

While I enjoyed the BBQ sauce, I prefer to be able to add more from the table, but at Goldies, the cooks guard the supply. The chicken was a little dry... the pork was scrumptious... and the brisket (did I mention the brisket?) is wonderful!

While you may not find the South in this little joint, you'll find enough of it to satisfy your tastebuds!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jason S
Vancouver, Washington
“Pretty Good.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Goldies started small, but is finishing big. The BBQ is very good, my favorite is the brisket. The sides are good too, but the best are the baked beans, delicious.

I don't do the Q fix much, but when I want it, Goldies is not far away :)

Tip: Call a head, so you don't have to wait for your order.

• Visited May 2013
“Great food in an average strip mall suite!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a new place to sample BBQ. Goldie's was just the place. I ordered the Baby Back rib sandwich and my wife had the chicken breast sandwich. Both sandwiches were delicious! We enjoyed them with the cornbread. The dining space was average in a small dining area. My wife says you would feel that your space was being invaded. The food was the deciding factor. With that, we felt it was a positive experience.

Vancouver, Washington
“BBQ to die for!!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We love this place!! Your mouth starts to water when you pull into the parking lot and you smell those ribs!! We recommend the baby back rib dinners. Try a side of fried Ocra !! They are amazing.

• Visited November 2012