“Sports bar quality food at a fair price”

Big Al's Sports Bar and Grill
Ranked #125 of 703 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: “The Next Generation of Entertainment”, Big Al’s has quickly become a flagship to the industry with first class accommodations:  Giant A Frame pillars and NW lodge entry 42 state of the art bowling lanes including 12 plush VIP lanes 7,000 sq ft arcade with over 200 of the latest and greatest video and redemption games Caddy Shack Lounge & Skybox feature a private bar, two pool tables, Wii gaming center, full swing golf simulator, and a premiere private party room with bird’s eye view of the big screen (Beaverton Location) Big Al’s Sports Bar & Grill was built to resemble a stadium to ensure we deliver the ultimate “big game” experience Ball park metals trusses and wrap around booth seating give everyone a great view of our 14ft x 55ft Big Screen TV
Vancouver, Washington
“Sports bar quality food at a fair price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I went to Big Al/s Sports Bar for dinner this past Sunday. While a NFL game was on the big screen, I expected more customers there that there really was, but it was a Sunday night after all. I had Tri-tip steak and the wife had a Turkey Club. We both enjoyed our meals, but the wife didn't really like going out to eat in a Sports Bar in the first place. Service was good, but could have been a little better since I had to ask for drink refills. We spent under $40 for the two meals plus drinks and desert.

• Visited December 2012

Portland, Oregon
“Bowling Party and Snacks - Wonderful Evening”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Big Al's offers bowling and a full arcade for the kiddies. We attended a birthday party, with a private bowling lane. We had a large group we ordered off of the appetizer menu. Nachos were good, wings delicious, onion rings amazing, and overall a great time was had by all.

• Visited August 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“Wow! Male employees in Women's Bathroom!?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were at Big Al's recently and while my wife was in the women's bathroom, a male employee just came walking in. As you know women all doing all kinds of stuff in the restroom. One of the female employees told me she gets changed in there. There were little girls in there...

The manager, Elena, was too busy to talk with us and the other employees acted as if this is standard procedure. This is not right and we were amazed with the employee attitudes.

• Visited July 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“a real sports bar/bowling alley”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

great pub food along with many televised sports functions, as well as, a great little bowling alley!

Visited November 2011
“No Can Do again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I went to big Al's to grab dinner and watch the game on their massive screen. We were seated right away by the nicest hostess who also got our drink orders since the server was tied up. The server decided to go to the bigger table that walked in after us before coming to take our dinner order. I ordered the $15 Salmon fillet with parmesan mashed potatoes,veggies and a $2.50 side pear and pecan salad. My husband ordered the $15 tri-tip and mashed potatoes with veggies. I got my salad after about 10-15 minutes and it was quite tasty but we waited for about 30-40 minutes for our dinner to come out and not worth the wait. My Salmon was tasteless,cold and dry as a bone.The potatoes were barely tepid at most. The veggies were the only palatable part of dinner. The server asked if our dinners were good and I had to tell her it was horrible. I didn't want to replace it because I have heard horrors about food going back to the kitchen and getting spit in your food or worse because it makes the chef mad. To their credit,the manager came out and said that he agreed it was not done the way it was supposed to and if I didn't want something else,he would take it off our bill. That goes a long way with me because a lot of places now won't acknowledge or credit for returns. So if I was going to rate the manager and hostess,I would give them 5 stars. We have been there before and disappointed in the menu choices for kids but wanted to give the bar menu a chance. Lesson re-learned: Don't order fish in any place that isn't a fish restaurant and don't expect great food in a bowling alley...We had fun bowling there at other times,even thought it was pretty spendy.

• Visited May 2012