“Magnificent food at very reasonable prices”
Review of Cafe Al Dente - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Went there on a tip. Superb food, decent wine list, chef/owner cooks everything to order, wife and staff serve. Really fine soup, perhaps the best tomato soup I have ever tasted. Seafood canalloni was filled with lobster, shrimp and scallops that had a fine crepe wrap covered with a delicious cream sauce. Wife had the duck with a fresh blueberry reduction sauce; this was cooked to perfection and served with garden fresh brocolini. The bread was fresh and warm. Caesar salad definitely better than most. Two of us, soup, salads, entrees, wine (by the glass) and was a little under $60. No need to go to Portland any more to have a first class meal in a very friendly atmosphere. Highest possible recommendation and lots of free parking in the back!

Reviewed April 16, 2011

I own and operate the Briar Rose Inn B&B which is a few blocks from Cafe al Dente. I send any one who asks for a recommendation to this restaurant. We have been in business for 4 1/2 years and so far I have only heard raves in the morning. I will continue to send my guests to this wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed March 5, 2011

My wife and I went to Cafe Al Dente to celebrate her birthday and it did not disappoint.
The house dressing on their dinner salad was a great combination. The bread was fresh,
with olive oil and vinegar to take it up a notch. My wife had Seafood Canneloni, which was
rich and joyful. I had the Rib Eye, with Cabernet Peppercon Demi-Glaze. Frankly the
steak was good and would have been better without the glaze. The service was great
and with live piano in the background made for a enjoyable and memorable evening. '
We will be going back to Cafe Al Dente.

Reviewed November 27, 2010

An excellent meal at a very reasonable price. Staff is friendly and helpful

Reviewed October 12, 2010

We've been to Cafe Al Dente several times, and even held two of our Annual Meetings there for our board in their upstairs area.
On October 2, 2010 we returned to Al Dente with friends prior to attending a play at the nearby Magenta Theater. (Excellent, as always)

Everything was perfection - service; presentation; flavors; ambience, etc. Wouldn't change a thing, AND we'll definitely be back. We also like the fact that they support live, local musicians - a pianist was playing beautifully in the background.