“Nice Owners, Huge Room, Rowdy Crowd”

The Inn at Salmon Creek
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stumbled into The Inn at Salmon Creek pretty late at night.

The owner was very accommodating while she checked me in through the acrylic safety window. After I handed her my credit card, a room door threw open and a bevy of loud drunk men started tumbling into the courtyard style parking lot. One of them started up a diesel trunk and a loud country sound blared out into the night.
He was yelling, "This was the song that got me through when that b***h Renee broke up with me, man!"
Then another fella yelled some indecipherable comments from the room, and one fella politely, drunkenly, loudly said in my direction, "Well, gooooooood evening."

I immediately turned to the owner and said, "Oh no. This is not happening. Please cancel that and give me my card." She said it was ok and that she would put me in a room far away from them. I was dubious, but it was 2 am and I was wicked tired.

As I walked away the petite owner opened the office door and told the men to go back in their rooms and to be quiet or she would call the cops. They all stumbled off to their room as meek as lambs and apologizing. I didn't hear them at all after that.

My room was huge: two beds with lovely linens and silk type bed panes for decoration, a full kitchen, a huge bathroom and two seating areas- one with a chair and table and the other with a couch. the layout was odd, but comfortable and very clean.

It was a cheap (65 dollars) room that suited me just great. I would stay again, but I doubt I could find it since I literally just stumbled into the parking lot while looking to get gas off the freeway.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Piercedlibrarian
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Salmon Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

We are so sorry for the disturbance during check in, but it is so good to know that you did have a good stay and was pleased with the accommodations. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you visit again.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My suggestion is that if you are already in town is to come by and ask to see the room before booking so you are able to decide if it is acceptable to you. I did this due to the mixed reviews. The gentleman that helped me was very friendly and accommodating.He gave me a key to look at the room that he was going to offer me with no problems. The toilets are small as previously stated, but not a big deal to me. I did not experience the cleanliness issues discussed in previous reviews
The carpet seems newly replaced. the curtains could use updating, some areas are worn and thinning, and they don't fully close together but a hair clip easily fixed that. I checked the bedding and head boards for signs of bed bugs and the room is free of them. the linens are very clean and smell of fresh laundered bedding, and seem fairly new to me. Overall I would compare it to an older extended stay inn as the room has the 2 queen beds, kitchen area and dinning area.Good satellite T.V. via Direct TV, older tube style TV set. Internet is extremely reliable and free. The beds are not bad at all and comfortable enough for my needs. If you are used to Holiday inn express type accommodations and expect that then this place is not for you. However, if you can accept an older style motel then this is a really good value. We paid $70 per night, a good value in my opinion. Overall my experience was really good.

Room Tip: It was not busy during our stay but suite 26 is not bad at all, 2 queen beds, closet, kitchen and di...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Salmon Creek, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Thank you for this review, we appreciate you letting us know of your experience. Please plan to visit us again soon.
We appreciate your business.
Gloria M. Brown
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights just before labor day weekend, what a pleasant surprise! I didn't want to spend a lot and assumed it would be passable, just a room to sleep in. That's what we paid for and that's what I expected. This place was incredible! Spotless! Clean bathroom, tub, sinks, toilets! No stains on the carpet, fresh new bedding! Curtains that worked, no problems with doors, etc.... WIFI worked great, using it right now to write this review! Room 37 is awesome! Staff was courteous, no problems there either. I don't know what those other reviews are talking about. I have spent twice as much money on other motels and had them look a lot worse! Would stay here again anytime!

Room Tip: Room 37 in the back is great!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Salmon Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you for your review, your comments are important to us. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.
Gloria M. Brown
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed there last night. . . Didn't search for a different motel because we were out of time to get to our venue. Expected it to be long in the tooth because of the price (although $90 isn't THAT cheap), but jeez.

Peeling paint inside, holey, grimy bedspread. Whiskers in the sink. Another "guest's" belongings in the dresser (naughty shorts, panties, boxer shorts, and smelly hair extensions).

Advertised a 3 mile walk to the Sleep Country Amphitheater--not. More like 10 if you walk it. No WIFI (advertised).

Check in staff was efficient and cordial. Parking was ok.

Won't do THAT again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank wickedsister99
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We live out of town and my parents decided to go through Expedia to book a nice hotel for us while in town for the holidays. The Inn at Salmon Creek is a very scary and low class establishment. The only information my parents had to go from was the pictures that are posted online, which do not truly show this establishment. It was myself, my husband and my two children. We were put in a room with two beds but this was a room down the back alley which was more like low-cost housing than a hotel. We were put right next to two occupancies that were more along the lines of "living out of the hotel" rather than staying for a weekend. The room was filthy. I did take pictures so that I could show the "real" room to my parents. Light sockets that looked unsafe to plug into, large gaping cracks around the doors to where you could see the outside, a door leading outside also from my childrens room, a filthy kitchen with rust and grime and a very dirty coffee pot that we had to clean in the shower. We did decide to "suck it up" and stay one night. We were up all night long. The "neighbors" were up ALL night long. In and out the front door, Slamming things in their room, Slamming doors, Slamming the trunk of their car. They had anti-freeze outside their front door. If I didn't know any better I would think they were running a meth lab or something in there. As soon as we got up in the morning we packed our things and left right away and never looked back. We stayed one night out of three nights that had been paid for. Do not go through Expedia either!! You cannot get a hold of a live person to save your life. We did not get reimbursed because it was too much of a hassle. It cost MORE to book through Expedia than it would of to book straight to the hotel and it would have been easier to just get the reimbursement through the hotel. I could go on and on but I'm hoping this gets the point across. I would not recommend EVER staying at this place, EVER! I wish that I would have also thought about taking pictures of the view out the front door, which was a wood fence and the alley. But I have posted some of the pics I took from the inside. I do have more pics but I think you will get the gest of the place from these.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Amie C
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I had a good experience at this hotel, it was a good value for the money spent, the room was large and comfortable. I had a good night's sleep and felt very safe staying at this hotel. The manager was very nice and helpful with directions and suggestions, made me feel at home immediately.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank travelmor
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Small, conveniently located hotel. Clean, friendly staff, and very reasonable prices. Great place to stay while traveling, I will definitely be back on my next trip!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends