“Best Value I have EVER seen for the $$$”

The Inn at Salmon Creek
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights just before labor day weekend, what a pleasant surprise! I didn't want to spend a lot and assumed it would be passable, just a room to sleep in. That's what we paid for and that's what I expected. This place was incredible! Spotless! Clean bathroom, tub, sinks, toilets! No stains on the carpet, fresh new bedding! Curtains that worked, no problems with doors, etc.... WIFI worked great, using it right now to write this review! Room 37 is awesome! Staff was courteous, no problems there either. I don't know what those other reviews are talking about. I have spent twice as much money on other motels and had them look a lot worse! Would stay here again anytime!

Room Tip: Room 37 in the back is great!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Salmon Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you for your review, your comments are important to us. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.
Gloria M. Brown
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed there last night. . . Didn't search for a different motel because we were out of time to get to our venue. Expected it to be long in the tooth because of the price (although $90 isn't THAT cheap), but jeez.

Peeling paint inside, holey, grimy bedspread. Whiskers in the sink. Another "guest's" belongings in the dresser (naughty shorts, panties, boxer shorts, and smelly hair extensions).

Advertised a 3 mile walk to the Sleep Country Amphitheater--not. More like 10 if you walk it. No WIFI (advertised).

Check in staff was efficient and cordial. Parking was ok.

Won't do THAT again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank wickedsister99
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We live out of town and my parents decided to go through Expedia to book a nice hotel for us while in town for the holidays. The Inn at Salmon Creek is a very scary and low class establishment. The only information my parents had to go from was the pictures that are posted online, which do not truly show this establishment. It was myself, my husband and my two children. We were put in a room with two beds but this was a room down the back alley which was more like low-cost housing than a hotel. We were put right next to two occupancies that were more along the lines of "living out of the hotel" rather than staying for a weekend. The room was filthy. I did take pictures so that I could show the "real" room to my parents. Light sockets that looked unsafe to plug into, large gaping cracks around the doors to where you could see the outside, a door leading outside also from my childrens room, a filthy kitchen with rust and grime and a very dirty coffee pot that we had to clean in the shower. We did decide to "suck it up" and stay one night. We were up all night long. The "neighbors" were up ALL night long. In and out the front door, Slamming things in their room, Slamming doors, Slamming the trunk of their car. They had anti-freeze outside their front door. If I didn't know any better I would think they were running a meth lab or something in there. As soon as we got up in the morning we packed our things and left right away and never looked back. We stayed one night out of three nights that had been paid for. Do not go through Expedia either!! You cannot get a hold of a live person to save your life. We did not get reimbursed because it was too much of a hassle. It cost MORE to book through Expedia than it would of to book straight to the hotel and it would have been easier to just get the reimbursement through the hotel. I could go on and on but I'm hoping this gets the point across. I would not recommend EVER staying at this place, EVER! I wish that I would have also thought about taking pictures of the view out the front door, which was a wood fence and the alley. But I have posted some of the pics I took from the inside. I do have more pics but I think you will get the gest of the place from these.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Amie C
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I had a good experience at this hotel, it was a good value for the money spent, the room was large and comfortable. I had a good night's sleep and felt very safe staying at this hotel. The manager was very nice and helpful with directions and suggestions, made me feel at home immediately.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank travelmor
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Small, conveniently located hotel. Clean, friendly staff, and very reasonable prices. Great place to stay while traveling, I will definitely be back on my next trip!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Astro711
Reviewed August 1, 2011

It's cheap, but holes in the sheets and blanket, nasty polyester rich bedding, window would not close so room not secure and noisy. Fair sized room but only one tiny window. I left as soon as I could, Theres better $50 motels around than this..

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank visitor186317
Reviewed July 28, 2011

it is not the hotel in the pictures. It is a scum bag hotel. the room was filthy. they also lied about it being almost full for the night. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. Had to buy my own sheets as my fiancee wouldn't even get in the sheets. She wiped down the walls with rags and they were filthy immediately. If you have stayed there based on the photos and were unhappy please contact me as I am considering legal action as they have been made aware the pictures are wrong but they have done nothing to fix it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple