“A week in Vancouver”

Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Waterloo, Canada
“A week in Vancouver”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I choose this hotel based on location and the great rate. We were very pleased with our room; large king bed, newly remodeled bathroom/kitchen and quiet in the evenings.

Our trip to Vancouver was to visit friends and family, so the location of this Shilo with its proximity to the highways and multiple restaurants was really ideal, cut down travel time and gave us lots of flexibility.

The continental breakfast was simple yet perfect for a couple on-the-go. The in-room coffee maker with single serve coffee packs was also a nice touch.

We will stay here again the next time we come to visit. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear JosephChene,

Thank you so much for your great review of the Shilo Inn Suites – Salmon Creek. It is a great motivation to all of our staff and myself when our guests enjoy their stay and we are able to meet and exceed their expectations. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Tim Laib

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
florida
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The outside of the building lead me to believe it was going to be a very average hotel but boy was I surprised! The rooms are very large. Big enough to fit 3 oversized suitcases in the room and not trip over them. The room came with a fridge and microwave. The bathroom was clean and nicely tiled. The only thing that would have made the bathroom better was glass shower doors instead of the vinyl shower curtain. There was an indoor pool to enjoy but being from Florida it still was to cold for us. Courtney at the front desk was so helpful we extended our stay to 2 nights.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Florida B
Dear FloridaLolabunny,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Shilo Inn Suites – Salmon Creek. It is such a great feeling to hear from our guests that they had a positive experience. We sincerely hope to see you again on your next visit to the Northwest.

Tim Laib
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked a hotwire deal and ended up here. The reviews concerned me, so I warned my husband and brother in law that we may be in for an adventure. We arrived at a plain looking building, checked in, and visited our room. The place looked nice and clean, modern looking bed spread, and had cable tv. We were all comfortable and pleased. The wifi did work, which is always a plus. Freeway location was convenient. Breakfast was average - typical breads, waffles, coffee, milk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Siewby,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay the Salmon Creek Shilo Inn. We are happy that you found your room clean and met your expectations. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Tim Laib, CHA
Reviewed May 30, 2013

despite reading the horror stories that many others wrote about this place, I decided to stay at my own peril. I actually found a fairly good rate for this hotel and the rooms were clean. everyone was very nice here. I have no complaints, and would recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013
A small town in Northwest Washington
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The check in was quick and friendly. The room was musty, wet by the frig. Very basic but the room heated and cooled well. When I got back in the evening an ugly looking big was in my bathroom door, and a yellow jacket flew out of the bathroom light. If it wasn't so late I probably would have checked out. The only real positive is location by the I-5 and I-205. Lots of food within walking distance.
The other Shilos I have stayed in were much nicer.

• Stayed March 2013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I booked two nights at this Shilo Inn for personal travel. The price was good, and I've stayed at Shilo Inns before.....I did not realize this is not the typical Shilo Inn with the blue roof tiles, nice amenities, etc. This location is more like an old Super 8, if you want to compare it to another chain.
The room cleanliness was poor, with dried something or other on the ceiling, wall, and to my horror, the bedspread. The floor bounced while walking down the hallway and the smell was musty and dank.
I was very disappointed in everything except the comfort of the bed, which was great, and the location of the hotel is good, with access to the I-5 and I-205 and many restaurants.
I cannot recommend this location.

Room Tip: no recommendations other than to ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Cowiche, Washington, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We have stayed at this Shilo Inn many times in the past and never had any issues. This time was different. Our room had no closet, absolutely NO place to hang any clothes. We asked at the front desk if they had any type of clothes hanging rack we could use and they looked at us like we were totally out of this world. They finally scrounged up 4 old hangers that we used and we hung our clothes on the shower curtain rod.
We also found a whole handful of nuts and some candy on the floor between the bed and the nightstand. It was not like they were hidden from view either.
I am hoping this was just an odd stay and I am certainly willing to try them again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business