Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Olympia
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Easily the friendliest staff I have encountered at a hotel. And I mean all staff day and night clerks and cleaning staff. Clean comfortable rooms and common areas. The only negatives were I had asked for a late check out, but twice the cleaning person was at my door (even with a do not disturb door hanger), and I was called by the front desk to ask if I was checking out. The other negative is you need to bring your own sugar substitute if you want something other than sugar or sweet-n-low for your coffee. Both are truly minor issues, yet are things that matter to me. But, I would recommend as a great moderate priced hotel.

1 Thank livinlife6204
Kimefox, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
livinlife6204,

I will first start with the most important thing here, and that is a great big I'M SORRY! I am pretty sure I know exactly who you are, and even though there is not an excuse for it, this is what happened. When you arranged for the late check out, it was not a problem at all, what was the problem, was that we wrote down the wrong room number! This didn't click with the front desk, until after we had realized that we had bothered you, for the 3rd time (soooo soooo sorry). This should never have happened and like I said, had we written down the correct room number, it definitely wouldn't have. With hotels doing express check outs, it is often that housekeeping does not know when the guest has left their room and often guests leave and forget to take the do not disturb signs off. But like I said, it shouldn't have happened and I can promise you, it won't happen the next time you stay with us.

And now for the fun, positive stuff ~ thank you so much for sharing with us, and all the other readers, your kind comments about my staff and hotel. The staff here, truly loves what they do and I am glad that this is how it is perceived through a guest's eyes too.

I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Vancouver. Please ask to speak to me, so I can put a face with a review.

Kim Fox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed October 15, 2010

The staff and management are great. I felt like part of the family. I travel a lot and stay at Holiday Inn Express mostly and this is the best of them all.

1 Thank knightbandit
knightbandit,

By the looks of your picture, this must be Brian! Thank you for your kind comments, and coming back to stay with your "family on the road". The whole staff was pleased to see you again and I thank you so much for sharing such kind comments.

Hope to see you again. Take care~

Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Very nice place with very clean standards, safe location, good breakfast, nice manager reception during weekdays, and staff is incredible.
My husband borrowed my phone charger out of my car and forgot to put it back, I mentioned that I was going to have to buy a new one and the front desk assistant Tammy asked what kind of phone I had and it ended up she had the same charger. She called her husband and had him bring me a charger to borrow during my stay. Amazing customer service.
Kim, the manager, was so friendly and full of information. She had great suggestions for dinner and anything I needed.
I was there for a business trip and due to the customer service, I have now arranged for our entire franchise to stay there when in Vancouver.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!

2 Thank butterflymegan
Kimefox, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, October 10, 2010
butterflymegan,

First I would like to thank you for your feedback; we are pleased to hear that your stay with us went well.

Our facility is designed for guest's convenience and comfort, and above all, safety. I am pleased to hear that you felt we achieved all of these goals, during your stay with us.

Regarding our Team Members, they are always happy to help you make the most of your stay and we always like to hear when something we did specifically for a guest, meant a lot to the guest too!

We look forward to welcoming you, and the rest of your co-workers, back to our hotel. Thank you, again, for your kind comments.

San Diego, California
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Professional, helpful, nothing was too much trouble. CLEAN and a perfect price

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank evers0
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Stayed here for one night on our way north after stays at four other HIEs on the I-5 corridor. As others have noted, this is a new property, comfortable and well located for business/shopping in the Vancouver area. Staff was friendly and polite, breakfast the usual tasty HIE fare. One disconcerting note: I had planned to enjoy a bath, but the tub had a noticeable ring of dead skin or other matter. Ugh! Took a cautious shower instead, trying to contact as little of the tub surface as possible. I know housekeeping staff is given very little time to clean rooms, but try to do a better job here, please!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bksgrrrl
Kimefox, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, September 30, 2010
As explained to the TA reviewer in a personal email, the film found in the tub was actually the cleaning agent we were using. The creamy, non abrasive product we were using, was leaving a film on the tub wall, that was only visible when the tub was completely dry. We have since discontinued this product and found a more acceptable agent for the daily cleaning of the tubs!
puyallup
Reviewed September 14, 2010

This is the best holiday Inn Express in Washington and Oregon. I travel up and down the I-5 corridor and this is the one I rate best. I always stay here when I do business in Portland because of Kim and her staff. The rooms are very well taken care of and they just do an excellent Job.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mgmpuyallup
Kimefox, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
mgmpuyallup,

Thank you for your kind words! We know you have many choices when you come to town and we truly appreciate that you choose us. Again, thank you, and I hope we see you again soon.

Gold Beach, OR
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We only stayed one night but were very happy with our room and the service. When we checked in they were so friendly and accommodating. We were asked if we needed help with finding a restaurant and they had information on them if you wanted. They served wine and beer in the evening and had soup available also. The room was very comfortable as well as the bed. Breakfast was fine with scrambled eggs, breads, and fruit. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank OrSunshine
Kimefox, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, September 10, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words! We truly love what we do here and are happy to offer you the best service we possibly can. I know that you have many choices when you come to the Vancouver area, we thank you sooooo much for choosing us! Hope to see you again soon.

Kim