“Worst stay ever at the hotel!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn & Suites Vancouver

Days Inn & Suites Vancouver
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
ASTORIA
“Worst stay ever at the hotel!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Front desk person was rather rude when we checked in at 2 pm. Check in wasn't supposed to be until 3. She informed me that since we were checking in early she would have to charge an extra $10. I immediately turned away and said "that's ridiculous!" My husband came in as I was walking out the door and I told him. The front desk person told him, "Well, if she would have let me finish, I would have told her that I COULD charge that." Then why did she even mention it in the first place? We were able to check in early and not be charged the $10. I don't get it....why would you say you do it but then say we don't have to charge it? Dumb! The room had a bad odor to it but after what we went through didn't want to "upset" the front desk person again. We used some room spray to try to minimize that odor. The next morning when I took a shower, there was no soap. After using shampoo as my "soap", I went to front desk (same person as day before) and told her we didn't get any soap in our room. She said they were out (REALLY??) and they were supposed to get some in that day. Wow! That's not something you should be running out of! Beds were terrible! Not comfortable at all. Didn't eat the breakfast because of the lack of choices. We have stayed at this hotel many times but this was the worst and we will never be back here again. If you can, go someplace else!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ComfortSuitesVanMall, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear BigDog909,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Guest Review Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that I have shown your review to all staff and your comments and issues have been addressed.

If there is any way I can further assist, please contact me at the direct Hotel line listed below.

Sincere Regards,

Emily Sestoso
360-253-5000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
LINDEN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

The room was spacious, beds comfortable, housekeepers on top of cleaning. Some of the rugs were very stained. Didn't like: no elevator (have bad knee), no smoking area within building (always raining in Washington).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

ComfortSuitesVanMall, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Carol L.,

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your room and quality and skills of our Housekeepers. Apologies not on having an elevator. For future reference, please feel free to contact the Hotel directly at the number listed below prior to your arrival in order to pre-request a first floor room.

Hopefully on your next trip to Washington is towards the summer, less rain and much more beautiful during that time. Makes Washington worth living in and worth all this rain!

Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,