“Best Place to Stay in Vancouver!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Concord, New Hampshire
“Best Place to Stay in Vancouver!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My daughter and her boyfriend live in Vancouver, and I try to visit twice a year. I have stayed in at least 6 hotels in the area. I plan to use Homewood Suites from now on!

This all-suites hotel is probably the nicest "home-like" property I have ever been in. Sure, I have stayed at fancier places, but this Homewood Suites was just like home! I moved right in! Full kitchen (with all dishes, glassware, silverware and other necessities as well as full-sized appliances - refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave plus two-burner stovetop), large vanity area outside of bathroom, wonderful living room space, work/dining area and HUGE bedroom, with double doors leading into it for privacy. The furniture was all fresh, clean and comfortable, and the bedroom (with an amazingly comfortable bed) had a great ceiling fan.

The entire space was spotless and housekeeping kept it that way throughout my week-long stay. The suite itself was tremendous, and the storage was also fantastic. They placed drawers, closets and cupboards in every available spot.

My suite had huge windows in both the living room and bedroom, and I had a small view of the Columbia River. The location was perfect for all my activities - easy on/off access to major highways, very close to downtown Vancouver and also handy to Portland.

The staff was always available and very attentive, greeting me on all my comings and goings and helping with my questions. From the front desk folks to the housekeepers, everyone was so friendly!

The hotel also has a 24-hour Business Center and totally free high-speed internet access. The pool was closed for the season, but a lovely hot tub was available.

The breakfasts were the best I have ever experienced in a hotel. So many choices! Multiple hot entrees, cold and hot cereal, bagels, fresh fruit, juices, yogurt, baked goods and always 24-hour hot coffee. Monday through Thursday evenings they actually serve dinner from 5-7, with wine, beer and soda available. The menu for the week is posted on your suite refrigerator. I had oven-baked chicken one night, with au gratin potatoes, french-cut green beans and homemade biscuits. A full salad was also available.

All-in-all, an amazing stay at a perfect, "sweet" suite hotel! I would recommend this to anyone traveling to or through Vancouver!

Room Tip: Suites at the rear of the property are VERY quiet and some have Columbia River views!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Overall it was a great stay. I wish the ice maker worked though as I wanted to make lemon drops! :) Lucky for me, the girl at the desk bagged some up for me and had it waiting by the time I got to the front desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Port Orchard, Washington, United States
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We have stayed here twice in two years and have had a very pleasant experience. The breakfast is wonderful. Huge variety of food to choose from. The staff is friendly and helpful. Clean and well maintained. Good location. Easy on/off freeway.

Room Tip: Both rooms we have stayed in were quiet and had good light.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The staff here and the rooms are very sweet! I have stayed here several times and each time I have been very happy with everything. The evening reception, a one of a kind top notch experinace. Great wine, great food and freindly people. This is the place you want to stay. The internet was a great FREE service and connection was strong.It is a very homey place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms are all very nice - depends on if you want a balconey room or a patio they are all great!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bellingham, WA
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This was our first experience with Homewood Suites. We always stay in the Hilton in Vancouver which is exquisite! But this time when we checked in to the Hilton we had mistakenly booked the wrong month, and they were fully booked. They called over to their other property, Homewood Suites by Hilton and secured a room for us. Though we were disappointed we drove over and found that the Homewood is in a beautiful area along the Columbia river next to several great restaurants a coffee shop and a walking trail along the river. So great location! When we checked in the girl said they only had the one night available, they were booked for the weekend but they would put us on a waiting list. She was really kind and concerned for us. We trudged to our room where we were really surprised...every room is a suite complete with living room, dining table, kitchen then a bedroom and bath that can be closed off for privacy. It was a beautiful little room. Within an hour the front desk called and told us they had secured us a room for the entire weekend, and the fare was really low. Next morning we discovered they serve a huge breakfast in a beautiful lounge, all included in your room rate! It included one keys, sausages, breads, fruit, juices, pastries, waffles, yogurt, coffee and much more. Furthermore they have a free happy hour in the afternoon and free dinner Monday-Thursday. In the dining area there were 2-3 girls working their buns off keeping food refilled, cleaning off peoples tables and giving really gracious service. It is a really incredible deal, great for business travelers and for families! They have a fitness room as well. My only complaints come from my personal preferences: one, I am a bed snob and while the bed was fine it wasn't "dreamy" like the beds at the Hilton. And two, I appreciate a good I door heated pool and jacuzzi, and their hot tub was outdoors. Not sure if there was even a pool. However I would definitely go back again...if the Vancouver Hilton is full! (I just love Hilton properties!)

• Stayed February 2013
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Location is great, right on the river, the staff was great, the food was great, and everything was very nice, except since I was fighting a bad cold I did not want to use the lobby or business center for internet access, and I could not get access from my room. Otherwise, I would give it a very high recommendation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed March 10, 2013

It appears as if most are two-room suites with a few buildings having two bedrooms. We also had a very small kitchen strip, small dining table, sitting area with couch and chair, and a separate bedroom connected by double doors that by itself was the size of most motel rooms. The large bathroom is off the bedroom, which a little drawback as if one person is still sleeping, it's hard for the other to take a shower, etc w/o disturbing the sleeper. However, we are discovering suites are nice for when one wants to stay up and watch TV (or read) and the other wants to hit the hay. We also booked a balconied suite, which was a bit of a waste since the weather wasn't nice enough to sit outside but we did have a nice view of the pool courtyard instead of a parking lot. It's also fairly quite although railroad tracks are fairly close and jets fly overhead, but we didn't hear much of anything.

Staff was friendly and efficient. Breakfast wasn't quite as good as we expected for a "full breakfast." There were little pre-made omelets, fairly tasteless scrambled eggs, small slices of ham, bagels, muffins, bread, etc. There was also a waffle station but look for it as it's tucked on the other side of the breakfast area. Since it was Saturday night we didn't get to try the complimentary drinks and "dinner."

I understand the lobby will be undergoing a renovation but it seemed fine the way it was although the breakfast tables could be arranged a bit better. There is also a nice area of patio seating for warmer weather dining.

The hotel is a little bit off the beaten path and while the Columbia river trail is close for walking, running, and biking, and there are two restaurants within a block (McMenamins and Beaches), one needs to have a car in order to travel to downtown Vancouver or Portland although there is a shopping area across the highway.

We wouldn't hesitate to stay there if we wanted to be in the area but for general lazing purposes, we would probably go to the Jantzen Beach Red Lion which has a river front pool.

Room Tip: All rooms are at least 2-room suites but some have balconies and are three-storied. For non-parking...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
Hilton Vancouver Washington
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#14 of 29 in Vancouver
Best Western Inn At The Meadows

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland? Share your experiences!