“Great for a family visiting the grandparents”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The staff at this hotel are exceptionally friendly and helpful. We were traveling with two small children and the hotel was perfect for that. The rooms are large and clean. The breakfasts are good, and the grown-ups really enjoyed the "happy hour" which could easily have been a dinner. This hotel is very convenient to the airport and downtown Vancouver. This is where we will stay every time we come to visit the grandparents! This is honestly one of the best Homewood Suites experiences we have had.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were originally placed in a downstairs room. The noise from the room above was terrible. It wasnt because the people or person above was trying to be noisy it was just very poor construction. The floor creeked and you could hear every step the people above took. We were moved to an upstairs room which was very nice. If you choose to stay at this location do not stay in a downstairs room. Absolutely not worth it.

Room Tip: Do not get a downstairs room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is the third Homewood Suites hotel my husband and I have stayed in. The other two were Reno and Sacramento/airport. Again, we were delighted with the accommadations...one bedroom King. Believe we liked Vancouver best! Loved it that two excellent restaurants were only a few steps from our room. Also, the park/walk along the river, just across the street was an unexpected pleasure. Soon after we arrived, we were doing the walk and taking pictures! Yes, we will definitely be trying out other Homewood Suites locations.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I love this location, walkin gto Beaches or McMenamins is awesome, Just around the corner. Going to Airport was not bad nor sight seeing around the Portland, Astoria, and all the way to Mount Rainier was also a wonderful day trip.

Love the place/location and Customer service the give. My husband and I stayed for our 40th Anniversary there and plan on returning.

Room Tip: Walk to McMenamins on the Columbia River as well as Beaches are just awesome and only steps away. T...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am new to business travel, but I now travel once a month, and I make my home away from home at the Homewood Suites. I am always happy to arrive there, because I know that it will be warm, welcoming, clean and consistent after a long day of travel. (I live on the east coast.)

Some days I arrive so late that it's all I can do to just unpack, and eat a little something. For those times, there is a small convenience store at the front desk with microwave-able foods, beverages including beer and wine, (and toiletry items a person might have forgotten). Other times I arrive early enough to go out to eat, and the hotel is in walking distance from two restaurants, and a short drive (5 minutes) from a few more. It is also a five minute drive from a huge super market, where I go to stock up my little kitchenette for the duration of my stay.

The staff who work at the Homewood Suites are all polite, and sincere, and though I almost never have any kind of unusual needs, I have seen them go above and beyond for guests who do.

To clarify the reports of others on this page, there IS an elevator, at least in the buildings that I've stayed in. And the breakfasts are great. If you do not like the abundant supplies of cooked eggs, sausage or bacon, potatoes, etc, they always have yogurt, fresh fruit, and waffle making supplies. And hot coffee, decaf and tea 24/7 in the lobby. I like fresh tomato with my breakfast, so I usually buy some at the aforementioned supermarket and bring them down to breakfast with me.

My rooms, way more than enough for one person, do not have a fireplace, but are comfortable, and I can set up a work area that I can keep set up for my entire trip and I do not have to worry that the housekeeping crew will move my papers around, or I will have to eat over my work.

In summation, the Homewood Suites are not home, but they feel like home after a long day of travel or work. I highly recommend this place. I did not rate it as EXCELLENT only because it is not what you might call a luxury hotel, where you might go for over and above services and amenities. I go to be left alone, get a few decent meals, get my work done and get a good night's sleep, and I know I can count on this each time I go to the Homewood Suites in Vancouver.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, ask to be near the elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I spent a week there and enjoyed it. I picked it based on the location and Trip Advisor ratings, and I wasn't disappointed. The location is nice -- easy to get into and out of, avoids the traffic in Portland (all of my work was in Vancouver), close to the airport, and and with-in walking distance of several restaurants.

Several of the guys I was staying with had never stayed at a Homewood Suites before, and they were impressed with the price vs. what you received (kitchen, separate rooms, etc.). We all enjoyed breakfast at the hotel each morning, and usually had at least one drink at the reception each evening.

While I did have two small problems during my stay, the front desk staff took care of things and more than made up for the inconvenience. I am very satisfied and would look here first the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2013

A very good Hotel with Great Room and Breakfast. i love the Customer support, very friendly and cooperative. But unfortunately the location is not that good as we had to walk a long way to eat something. Even there's no shopping place near the Hotel location.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Zibran I
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
Hilton Vancouver Washington
#2 of 29 in Vancouver
Hampton Inn & Suites Portland / Vancouver
Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach
Staybridge Suites Vancouver - Portland Area

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland? Share your experiences!