Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

A very good Hotel with Great Room and Breakfast. i love the Customer support, very friendly and cooperative. But unfortunately the location is not that good as we had to walk a long way to eat something. Even there's no shopping place near the Hotel location.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Zibran I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Vancouver, WA around Christmas 2012 while visiting family. I was able to take advantage of the Hilton Friends & Family discount, which made the room approximately $70/night. I was also pleasantly surprised when asking for a complimentary upgrade to a bigger suite that it was offered with open arms. This could be because of my HHonors status, but without hesitation the front desk staff put me in a 2 bedroom (King size bed in each room) with 2 bathrooms. It made the stay that more enjoyable. Below are my observations of the hotel:

Pros:
Upon arriving at the hotel, I was met with a smile and a friendly front desk associate, who made my check-in very easy. In my reservation, I had requested a fan to be placed in my room if possible (I'm wierd...I like to sleep with a fan on each night). When checking in, the front desk associate advised me that my request had been accomodated, and there was a fan waiting for me in the room. Very cool!! The room was very spacious, and the beds were very comfortable. Premium breakfast was made each morning (including on Christmas morning!), which was a very nice touch. The staff preparing the food was also very pleasant to interact with, and did anything to make the stay more comfortable. In addition, the kitchen in the room was fully stocked with silverware, paper towels, dish towels, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator...anything you could possibly need to navigate in the kitchen (even came with a wine bottle opener, which I was impressed with).

Cons:
Before getting into the cons, I want to make it clear that this hotel did a really nice job, but I have a couple things that could be tweaked in order to get the "Excellent" rating. Here they are:

1) We arrived at the hotel very late at night due to my flight into Washington, which I gave the front desk clerk a heads up about. Upon entering the room, it was pitch dark. This normally wouldn't have been a big deal, but the light switch is not easily accessible right inside the door. I had to use the light of my cell phone to figure out where the nearest switch/lamp was just so I could navigate in the room. I would have liked the hotel staff to turn on at least a nightlight knowing that I was coming in late at night. I realize the hotel is probably trying to be "green", but it be hazardous for handicap/small children who are coming into the room.

2) The room furniture/carpet appears to be rather dated. The couch in the living room wasn't very comfortable to sit on, and if memory serves me right, it was an orangish color. The carpet is very close to needing replaced. The furniture is what I would expect at a Holiday Inn....not a Hilton. I would recommend that the hotel consider updating the furniture to a more modern/comfortable setting.

3) Although most of the breakfast food was very good, it was obvious that it was pre-cooked stuff. I was most disappointed with the bacon....it was sliced so thin, it tasted like paper! I would have also liked to have seen soda available for those who don't drink tea/coffee in the morning (like myself), but are still needing some caffeine.

Overall, I would stay at the hotel again, but hope the management of the hotel will take the above recommendations into consideration.

Thank you!

DC
Normal, IL

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Was in Vancouver for a large 4 day dog show. Usually camp as it's always difficult to find accommodations that allow dogs. Decided to hotel it due to weather. They were going to charge me $300 to allow my dogs to stay. $100 per night. I talked them down to $150.00. I get really sick of pet policies that don't take into account well mannered animals. Kids make way more messes, make more noise and ruin more stuff than well behaved dogs ever do. The room we left was no worse off than when we arrived, but the motel was $150 richer. The room was comfortable, but the staff wasn't real friendly. Would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vestah, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
We appreciate your review of our hotel. I understand that you were unhappy with our pet policy charges and apologize for any miscommunication. We strive to create a wonderful and affordable guest experience and regret that we did not provide this during your stay. Your review provides feedback as to how we can improve our service in the future. Thank you again for your review.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My first time at a Homewood Suites property was very pleasant indeed. This property is located just a block or two from the Columbia River and convenient to i-5. Makes getting around very easy. The rooms are fully outfitted and have a relaxing Pacific Northwest feel. The gas fireplace is quite a nice touch. The staff were very accommodating, especially when our stay was extended by 2 days. The suit includes 2 flat panel TVs, king size bed and separate bath suite. The living area includes a comfortable sofa and easy chair plus space to eat. All was very clean and well kept up.

The breakfast buffet is much like the Hampton Inn serves, which is always good. The omelettes are a favorite. The lounge area here is quite spacious and inviting.

For those looking for revved up coffee, there is a coffee shop right across the street.

Slight downsides that keep this from being a 5:

Noise: it is under the final glide path to PDX and the BNSF railroad tracks are less than a block away.

Stairs & rain: Upstairs rooms are only accessible by stair and there is no rain cover between parking and stairs, so when it rains (most of the time) guests have a wet climb.

Room Tip: In the fall, the sun hits directly into the rear upper rooms and is extremely bright in the afternoo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dlafky
Bedfordshire
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed 3 nights at the Homewood Suites, whilst on business in Vancouver, last week..

I stayed in one of the larger suites (422).

Plus Points:

- Extremely good value (considering the quality of the suite)
- Excellent, peaceful location right on the river
- Very well equipped, modern suite (with everything you could possibly need to stay away from home for several weeks - including full kitchen facilities with dishwasher, microwave etc.).
- Very large and comfortable bed
- Extremely helpful and friendly staff, excellent room service
- All inclusive breakfast with several hot / cold choices, etc.
- Plenty of parking
- Nearby restaurant / bar
- Free WIFI

Negative Points: (nothing of any significance)..

- Probably too far to walk into central Vancouver (a cab / car would be required)
- A bit of aircraft noise, as it was under the Portland flight path (although this was barely noticeable from inside.)
- The TV in my bedroom didn't work - but there was an even bigger one in my lounge so it really didn't matter!

If I find myself back in Vancouver, I will definitely ask to stay here again and would highly recommend staying here to anyone (business or pleasure).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed November 4, 2012

If the hotel had views and elevators it would be 5 stars! The staff are super friendly, the rooms are absolutely perfect (nice living room, kitchenette, and separate master bedroom - WOW)! The entire venue is very clean and pleasant to walk through. Their complimentary breakfast is much better than most (they include eggs, sausage, potatoes, etc.) A wonderful location; one block from the Columbia River and an awesome restaurant ("Beaches"). However, Monday through Thursday the hotel offers complimentary dinner in their beautiful lobby. Parking is a breeeze; you're never too far from your room.
But the absolute reason, no matter where we are going, we always try to stay at a Hilton Homewood is...they accept pets! That is the "icing on the cake" for us. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: Keep in mind that there are no elevators. Try to get an inside room on the courtyard, hence you'...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this property 4 nights. The rooms are spacious, clean, great location. Quiet, close to restuarants, easy parking. We stayed there for 3 nights during the first part of our vacation then returned for the last night. It was comfortable and a good value. We stayed one night at the Red Lion down the street which was completely gross. The Homewood was sold out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
Hilton Vancouver Washington
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#14 of 29 in Vancouver
Best Western Inn At The Meadows

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland? Share your experiences!