“BED BUGS!!!”

Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Austin, Texas
“BED BUGS!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I'm pretty ocd about bugs so checking for them was the first thing I did. I was shocked, I actually found them! BED BUGS!!! In all my paranoia of checking, I've never actually found any before that! my bf and I called down and told them, they offered to switch rooms for us but didn't seem very alarmed/sympathetic! The lobby reeked like fish and when waiting to switch rooms, I overheard the lady in front of us switching rooms "again" (bed bugs too?!). we got switched to the new room without compensation for the situation and no apologies (seemed quite routine!) And things were okay at best. Beds were hard, shower head was not secure, kinda looked like it had been ripped out and wall patches around it. Everything in room was old and low quality. Come to find out in the morning, the fridge power was on but the cold temp was turned off the whole time so my juice and food was ruined. Yeah.... I'm not going back. Ever.

• Stayed April 2012
5 Thank Tashwiba
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. I see as well that you stayed last year in April and since then we have had a full renovation and have had no occurances of pests. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at VAN@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Been here since October and the staff have been very helpfull. Julie on night Laundry always has a smile on her face and goes above and beyoned to help you. Brandi J has always been helpfull and friendly. The room was clean and neat and we have had no problems since we have been here. Bridegett always does my room and it is always looks great for me when i get back and she alway ask if i need anything. Overall all the staff here are helpfull.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Elizabeth P
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for such a great review of our Extended Stay Amercia Vancouver hotel. It's always great to hear that the entire staff have made your stay more enjoyable. I will forward your comments about Julie and Bridgett to the entire staff. Thank you again for such a great review and if there's anything else you need please don't hesitate to contact me @ VAN@extendedstay.com
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was the first time I had stayed at one of the hotels in this chain, and I must say that I was extremely impressed with their Vancouver, Washington location. My room was neat and clean, the features were exactly as advertised, and the staff was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. (I especially liked that there was a security lock on the main entrance doors, but you could use your room key to gain access.) My bed was very comfortable and there was lots of hot water for a much-needed, lengthy shower! Thank you Becky for being so wonderful! I will definitely stay here again when I need a quiet place to work...

Room Tip: I would recommend staying staying on the north wing of the hotel. There are fewer rooms and my corne...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SebastianM12_13
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our Extended Stay America Portland-Vancouver. It's great to hear that your first time experience exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Becky about her exceptional customer service. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future when you need a quite place to work!
Silverton, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Room was very nice,clean & quiet. Front desk staff were knowledgeable and pleasant. Could have used a hair dryer. Resturant was not attached but Elmers was across the street and was very good for B'Fast. Getting into the facilities was relatively easy, but getting out of the parking lot and onto the main street to get to freeways was a little difficult and required you to figure out were to travel. Traffic was very heavy on the roads. Did not notice any signage for route directing, could have used signs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 2012StepM
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable hotel stay. We do offer hair dryer at the fornt desk upon request. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Becky thank you for your continue service in ensuring my stay as well others is the best each time I call and stay at your location. The rooms and common areas are clean and well kept. Each staff member greets the guest with respect and professionalism. There are many places i can go to stay bit i choose vancouver extended stay just because of how the staff works hard in making our stay that mush easier. You are the Best!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Gregoryblue
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm so pleased to hear that Becky, as well as my entire staff, make you feel welcome and are always professional. I will be certain to thank her and the entire staff! Becky is another fine example of our success at creating a "home away from home" for our guests. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Alamo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

great place to stay the staff is great and when you have problems with the rooms the staff is quick to have it taken care and whitney is very kind she does the house cleaning and a little of every thing else that has to be done she is kind I would stay again and also let others know its a warm place to stay

Room Tip: rooms are great any room you chose you will like
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank marisol s
Thank you for writing such nice things about your recent visit to the Extended Stay America - Vancouver. It sounds like Whitney made quite an impression on you with her exceptional customer service. I will be certain to personally thank her for taking such great care of you! We strive to create a "home away from home" for all of our guests and Whitney is a great example of our success. Thank you again, and we look forward to you next visit with us.
Steilacoom, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was very pleased with our stay at Extended Stay America in Vancouver. The building and rooms seem new. Our room was close to the front lobby but very quiet. There is a very nice small kitchen with utensils. Wifi worked great. The location is great for freeway access, but far enough away that we didn't hear freeway noise. It is also a good location for jogging if you go out into nearby neighborhoods, which are nice. The bed was comfortable. There were plenty of towels and they were decent quality. The breakfast was "grab and go" (minimal) as the management described it, but this was reasonable for the price we paid. Brandy, the hotel manager, was very pleasant and created a very good initial impression. She was equally nice the second day after only 6 hours of sleep! We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nehenders
Thank you for your great review of our property. We finished our refresh last September, so it's fantastic to hear that you loved the new rooms and the new addition of our grab and go breakfast. It was also great to hear that Brandy made you feel welcome and gave you a good impression of the hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!