“Sweet Suite”

Heathman Lodge
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 27, 2009

My husband and I stayed in a fireplace suite for our anniversary weekend. We had mentioned that it was our anniversary and found in our room upon arrival balloons, a bottle of sparking apple juice, a card, a Heath candy bar ;-), and best of all a trail of red rose petals leading to the bed! (See photo submitted.) We had a Tempurpedic bed that was quite comfy. And it was great to have TWO large flat screen televisions.
My only complaints would be that our kitchenette had no supplies, such as plates or utensils, the hallway had a smell of what we though was carpet glue (maybe from a new istallation?), and they did not provide or have for rent DVDs, even though they had DVD player in the room.
The room was spacious and spotless. We ordered room service breakfast which was a special treat for us. We enjoyed this splurge of luxury!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 22, 2009

After being here a few years ago for a day on a business conference, I recommended that we and some friends stay here for a golfing weekend.
As I remember, it was cool looking and like a big ski or mountain lodge. We got an $85 rate for their lower cost room. The room was decorated very nicely, with wool blankets and a HUGE king size bed. But, in line with a few other reviews, the housekeeping staff appears to cut corners. After settling in, we realized there was no remote for the TV. It took 2 calls to the front desk to get one delivered. The next morning, I realized there was no coffee for the coffeemaker, and the supplies for coffee were not replaced from the guests before us. These are small items, but with the attitude of the Heathman Lodge being "the destination" in Vancouver, I have to mention it.

Also, the pool hours are restrictive and not conducive to a late night swim or soak in the hot tub.

The restaurant is great, but expensive. If you ask for a breakfast coupon when you check in, you may get 2 free continental breakfasts. Go for it, the fresh fruit and scones are delicious.

Free wireless internet is a nice touch.

One final thing, the espresso/latte machine in the lobby is not free! Kinda cheesy if you ask me.

I'll stay here again, but double check the little things! It is a but out of the way, but Westfield Mall is close by.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Stayed just one night for a conference. Didn't dine in the hotel but sat in the lounge for a drink and enjoyed the piano player. We were given an upgrade to a suite that was very large with 3 TV's, a sink vanity near closet and bathroom, jetted tub, oversize shower , FP and kitchenett. Very comfy overstuffed sofa and lounge chair - felt like home.
Very nice indoor pool and work-out room, free parking too. No wall mounted magnifying mirror so bring your own!

Looked like a mini-Disneyland type lodge - very well decorated thru-out.

The location is right off the freeway and a block from the large shopping mall. Close to chain restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank WashingtonAL
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Since you cannot edit a previous review, I chose to have it deleted to write an update. I believe in second chances and recently stayed for the second time with this hotel. Much better experience. Staff were friendly and helpful. I had requested a NON tempurpedic mattress and when I checked the room, that's what I got. I called the front desk who promptly changed it to one of the rooms in the newer wing with a plush pillowtop mattress.

Construction is almost done, though some contractors were still there on the first floor, the business level (4th floor) is done.

I didn't use all of the amenities available (exercise equipment brought to your room, evening cocktail hour) but I did enjoy the complimentary continental breakfast including a nice waffle the next morning. The free Wifi is a plus as well.

the room was wonderful, the mattress the best I've slept in. A very large flat screen tv, and nice furnishings and linens were great, with a fluffy comforter and double sheeted on top which I like for cleanliness. The room was immaculate (as it should be since it was new). They had a walk in shower which was very nice with a large rainshower showerhead. The amenities were rather sparse, only one soap. But lots of fluffy towels and a double mirror that pulls out from the wall. the mini bar area with microwave and small fridge were nice, but the plus was the new style coffeemaker with premeasured tiny coffees. brews one cup at a time and it turns out as coffee should be. None of that lukewarm gunk you get from those other hotel type coffeemakers. very nice.

the new wing is great, service was great, I got the rate from the web and they honored it even though their website was stuttering and wouldn't let me book it online.

Not too close to the airport or Portland, but was very close to my meetings in Vancouver, so I did decide to give them another chance. I am glad I did, and I would stay again. great staff!

Now for the Hudsons....last time the restaurant was not good at all, this time they excelled! I did breakfast before, not a good idea, but the evening small plates at the bar were amazing. I had the mushrooms, grilled bread, salmon BLTs, and mussels (I was with a friend) and all were prompt, large servings, wonderfully done, and great service as well. I'd have to take back my previous non recommendation and say go here for sure in the evening and try their small plates. Great!

sorry for the dark pics, took with my cell phone as I forgot my digital.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank flwrgrdn
Reviewed May 9, 2009

We stayed at The Heathman Lodge for a night away and WOW what I great time we had. We had been here before to eat at Hudson's Bar and Grill but had never stayed, glad we did!

The hotel is a big log cabin, and is just really cool. You feel as you up at Mt. Hood. We had reserved a standard room and when we got there we were told that they had put us in one of their new guestrooms that had open a few weeks earlier. The room was awesome, not just because it was new but it had LCD TV, and the bathroom was completely titled. I wish we had our camera.

Our dinner was wonderful and had a great nights sleep.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2009

First day was disappointing. Bedsheets were filthy, and not changed by the crew that morning since it has stuff you do not wish you could have seen. Since the housekeeping crew was not available, it was very nice of the front desk clerk to come and change the linens. Love the rustic atmosphere of this place. Love that the room has a microwave and fridge. Enjoyed the evening reception where the hors d'ouvres was tasty. Breakfast was sufficient as it was continental. Wished that there were fruits and more variety of the packaged oatmeal. Although the hours for breakfast served was too short, could have extended it till 9 am. Will definitely stay here again, but would consider suite. It is also great that parking is free.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at the Lodge. Staff was absolutely outstanding. Very friendly and helpful. The room was a nice size and my particular room had a large tree for a view....not too bad!!! I was in and out of my room for the two weekdays that I was there. I never heard construction noise. I read a previous comments about the blankets on the bed and was worried I'd be scratching myself to sleep. Not the case! Now these blankets don't have the feel of a Down Comforter, but they are not annoyingly scratching. Go enjoy the ambiance. The rooms are not expensive---relax!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo