Heathman Lodge
$163
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$102
La Quinta Inn & Suites Vancouver(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$84
Quality Inn & Suites Vancouver North(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$85
$93
$169
$102
$85
BestWestern.com
$219
All reviewsbusiness levelfourth floorrose petalsbar and grillbirds chirpingkoi pondpendleton blanketsmemory foamon site restaurantwalk in showercoffee machinejacuzzi tubpacific northwestcontinental breakfastthe portland vancouver arearoom was largeparking lot
Reviewed March 21, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at the Lodge. Staff was absolutely outstanding. Very friendly and helpful. The room was a nice size and my particular room had a large tree for a view....not too bad!!! I was in and out of my room for the two weekdays that I was there. I never heard construction noise. I read a previous comments about the blankets on the bed and was worried I'd be scratching myself to sleep. Not the case! Now these blankets don't have the feel of a Down Comforter, but they are not annoyingly scratching. Go enjoy the ambiance. The rooms are not expensive---relax!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank lovingsonoma
Reviewed March 20, 2009

I say here for business and it is wonderful. Business executive level includes a lounge for 2 free adult beverages in the evening and continental breakfast with great make-your-own waffles. Gets me by. Hotel has woodsy lodge decor which is pleasant. Beds include Tempurpedic (which is fine with me) and not too hard. Small refrig in rooms. Front desk staff are really great kids. Restaurant is Hudson's which is the best in Vancouver. The restaurant meals makes this hotel outstanding. Restaurant breakfast is a feast. Sometimes I just get take out soup and bread for my room and my free glass of wine from the lounge for dinner. Keep your window shut if you are on the highway side of the hotel and you will not hear any road noise. Close to the mall and easy business commute to Portland, highway accessi is easy. New addition should add more rooms. Only negative is some of the large older suites have bathroom tile that needs replacing very soon. All other rooms are just fine in every aspect.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2009

I arranged a 2 day training for 25 and I don't have one adverse thing to say. Every staff member I met was more than pleasant. The room was large and bright with all the amenities you could want. Some rooms have lanais and as the property is well wooded, the spring and summer would be very pleasant. I didn't eat in the restaurant, only the bar food and catering and all was excellent. For those so inclined, the Westfield Mall and all the chain restaurants are within walking distance. We have another meeting at the Hilton in June, but we've changed our reservations to The Heathman--it's worth the drive!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2009

The notion of rustic strikes you almost immediately by the peculiar rise of a massive log beamed structure out of the wasteland of a non-descript office park placed behind a suburban mall. The entrance is reminiscent of a grand hotel, but the rustic nature of the logs, native sculptures and canoes strewn around a small koi pond makes one think of a national park lodge from a grander era. This keeps going into the lobby with more totems and kayak skeletons, as well as in the rooms with faux-branch finish on pictures and mirrors.

The hotel is basically laid out like the suburban convenience hotel that the Heathman is. It feels (and is priced) like a Fairfield or Mariott Courtyard, but the front desk and service is a notch better, it has a large pool and exercise room and a basic business center and free internet. Perhaps the best analogy would be with a Sheraton, Hilton or a Westin without the ridiculous overcharges for every minor service.

The rooms are clean, comfortable and I finally got a chance to try out a Tempurpedic mattress for the first time (OK, but I won't be buying one.)

The restaurant is extremely good and a definite plus, but even if you get a "breakfast included" deal don't count on much choice. The free options are very limited and the full menu is very tempting.

This hotel is a strange and very welcome hybrid of a suburban business hotel and really comfortable high end place.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 1, 2009

My daughter and I made a trip to Portland, Oregon in December in order for my daughter to interview for jobs and find a house to rent. I chose The Heathman Lodge after finding it online and falling in love with the rustic charm. And the price was very affordable, too. Well, that was just the beginning! When we arrived, I was greeted by a giant log cabin that was every bit as warm and inviting as the ad. But the real pleasure was walking inside the gorgeously appointed lobby complete with North Pacific decor, fireplaces, soaring ceilings and the most wonderful scent of evergreen!! And it only got better and better after that. I can't even go into all the details, but I can tell you that every detail was covered. The staff was absolutely wonderful, the food was so good I stuffed myself silly and the accomodations were perfect, complete with Pendleton bedspreads, leather, antler and iron sconces and nice, quiet ventilation systems! The spirit of this lodge was genuine, from the sustainable architecture, native art, locally produced vegetables, free range chickens and eggs, organic beef, all of which spoke volumes of the intention of this wonderful haven. But the icing on the cake was when the Columbia River Gorge area was fluffed and iced with the biggest snowstorm in 70 years and we got snowed in! My daughter was due for an important job interview and we couldn't get out! Chains were required on the roads and some roads were even closed. If it hadn't been for Ray, the facilities manager at The Heathman Lodge, she never would have made it and the whole trip would have been a wash (although a very nice one for me!). Ray was the angel who magically appeared, unasked, and not only scraped and de-iced our rental car, but he personally drove my daughter to her interview SE of Portland in his truck (with chains)!! i have never met a more generous and sincerely benevolent person and I cannot say enough about him. I could tell he is like this every day of his life. She got the job.
I can't wait to return to the Portland area so I can say hello to all the friends I made at The Heathman Lodge in wonderful Vancouver, Washington, and to personally thank them for the best stay I've ever had anywhere, and I mean that sincerely.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)