“A wonderful choice”

Heathman Lodge
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was here with a large group for a Arts fair and this hotel was very well set up for that. The staff was great as far as getting to rooms set up and making sure that there were signs indicating where the various halls were. The staff was friendly and accommodating of our needs. The bird sound in the halls was a little weird at first, but we got used to it. Overall a clean and quiet place decently priced food at the bar and decent drinks.

Room Tip: Wetlands view ones are very peaceful
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We loved our stay at the Heathman Lodge. Our room had a balcony that overlooked a little wetland area where tree frogs were croaking away. The hotel was "hopping" with events including a wedding. I was a bit worried that our room would be loud with partiers after hours but all I heard were my friends-the frogs. It may have bother some folks but we loved it - they lulled me to sleep. The rooms was clean, well designed and comfortable. The food was wonderful and the service friendly and warm. We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The Heathman Lodge is my favorite local place for breakfast/brunch/cocktails by the fire but I'd never stayed overnight before. I needed an "in-town" getaway and was able to secure a great price using Priceline's "Name your own price" bidding system (room was half price on a Saturday night in February). The hotel itself is gorgeous and the service was perfect. The room was nicely decorated, clean, good linens, and even had a Keurig coffee maker. My only complaints would be that the bed was very very firm despite being a Tempurpedic, which made my back hurt by morning and the fact that our room was at the far south end right next to the freeway and we could hear the constant flow of traffic. We got used to it after a while, but I would not book a room on the end of the hotel again. The balcony was wasted because of the noise. I would, however, stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Nice hotel disguised as a lodge near Vancouver, WA. This hotel is located on the outskirts of town, so that is something that you should consider. Rooms were comfortable and clean and the on site restaurant looked inviting. Front desk staff was pleasant and room service was fantastic!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
NorthPacificMgnt, Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Heathman Lodge and enjoyed our friendly and professional staff. We hope to see you in the future!

Yours Truly,

Brian McClary
Director of Rooms

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I really should keep this delightful hotel a secret. What if everyone started staying here? Then I would loose my place of peace! The moment you enter the lobby the staff stands ready to delight you. I typically request their "fourth floor" which for a few dollars more has a great breakfast included. Weekdays there is also a business wine social in the same room. But let's get back to the main purpose of the facility, their rooms; Spacious, well decorated, comfortable. As a frequenter of the Lodge, my wife and I stayed for Valentine's Day. The staff had a bottle of wine, glasses, opener, and nice card to welcome us. Most hotels are built near business areas (airports, downtown, business streets). The Heathman Lodge is nestled in an area that provides quiet, yet near to PDX, downtown Portland and Vancouver. There is also a fabulous restaurant on the main floor. How great is that to have an awesome five star experience for a three star price accompanied by a five star Hudson Grill.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was there for a Gathering of Women - nearly 300 of us! The staff were friendly, accommodating and bent over backwards to help me. I was especially appreciative of the Front Desk personnel, especially Marnie, I believe that was the Front Desk persons name. She had taken my room reservation when I called in and set the tone for my stay at that time due to her positive, friendly manner. Check out was a breeze - 3 persons in our room, each billed separately, no questions asked! Eight of us had lunch Sunday before departing. Service was fantastic and the food was super. Thanks for taking care of us! The Heathman Lodge is someplace I can definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The rooms were comfortable. Some have a tub and some have a shower only. The beds were excellent, and you will have a great nights sleep as long as your NOT near the elevator. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable and clean.

The restaurant and bar were enjoyable. I felt they could serve a continental breakfast for those who had no time to sit and enjoy a leisurely breakfast. The food was better than average. The staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure you are NOT near the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple