“Has a 'Lodgy' Feel...”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Santa Barbara, California
“Has a 'Lodgy' Feel...”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Heathman is a nice, clean place with friendly staff. The beds are not super comfortable, but the rooms seem to be like a standard hotel room with an attempt to create a lodge-like feel.

My friends had their wedding reception there last year. A nice place to have it, although it's a little drive off of I-5.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Seattle WA
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel has a great feel and even better customer service. The rooms a large and well equipped with comfortable beds, large flat screen TV's and more. The service is fast and friendly..they really will go out of their way to accommodate most any request. The location is next to a small Mall as well as minutes from the Portland Airport. A nice place to stay for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: The upgrades to the Exec rooms are worth it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
NorthPacificMgnt, Front Office Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, I hope that we get the chance to serve you again! Yours Truley, Savanna Martinez-Kearney, Front Office Manager
Oregon City, Oregon, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very nice place with friendly staff, many restauraunts nearby, Only 15 min. from Portland, Oregon. The location is not rustic but the building is pretty much log cabin lodge style. Would recomend for bussiness or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed both the building and our staff while you were here. I hope to see you again soon. Yours Truly, Savanna Martinez-Kearney, Front Office Manager
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have stayed at the Heathman Lodge 3 times in the past couple of years and have always had a wonderful experience. We love the decor of the hotel (it really makes us feel like we are in a lodge) and the convenient location. Staff are friendly and efficient and the lodge even has a recycling program. The rooms are large, well appointed and comfy. Free parking and excellent free wifi make the Heathman Lodge a great value. And Hudson’s Grill (just off the lobby) never disappoints for dinner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay from the decor to the friendly and efficient staff. We hope to see you in the future! Yours Truly, Savanna Martinez-Kearney, Front Office Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you're traveling to Vancouver, WA do yourself a favor and stay at Heathman Lodge. I was there on a business attending a conference also held at the Lodge. The service was fabulous! Can't say enough great things about the service.

For example, the room I was originally given was not a king. I requested a room change and was told it would take some time to work out as the hotel was booked. A little later, there was a knock at the door and a guy from the front desk presented me the key to my new room. Of all of the times I've had room changes, the norm is a call from the front desk with a message to the extent of "we have your new room, you can come get your key." I was pleasantly surprised!

However, I was shocked when this guy asked, "Do you need help moving? I'll go get a luggage cart." WOW! That's what I call service. Everyone at the hotel had this attitude.

The onsite restaurant is fabulous! If you stay there, do yourself a favor and eat there as well. While you're at it, make sure to enjoy the awesome live music by Mark J. He played every night I was there and has been playing there since the place opened. He's a class act!

I'm recommending the place to everyone I know that travels to Vancouver and look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great comments regarding your stay. I am very happy to hear that everything was fabulous and that our staff did a GREAT job accommodating your request for a different room! I hope to see you again during your next trip to Vancouver! Yours Truley, Savanna Martinez-Kearney Front Office Manager
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed one night on February 15th, 2013 on way to California. Price was very good probably due to the season. Arrived around 7.10pm and the check in was handled by a young lady who really should be working somewhere outside the service industry. Maybe it was the noise from the piano being played in the lobby/bar/restaurant area that we had difficulty communicating. She told us we had ten minutes to go to the Executive Lounge for a drink and snacks. So, I dropped my wife at the room and went to the lounge where I was advised it was closed although I could have a beer and take it back to my room. Another gentleman also came in and was told the same thing. He just turned around and left. Not sure why it would be closed before the specified time, maybe because there were no other customers?

Next morning around 7.30am went to the same lounge for the breakfast to find that it was standing room only and a line up. So, we went to check out and same lady that checked us in was there. Asked how our stay was and I told her about the lounge situation. She told me that we had checked in closer to eight so that was why it was closed and the morning breakfast was put down to a full house.

Room was OK, but stay marred by indifferent service and not able to partake of either the evening reception or breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Tacoma, Washington, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a very nice property that gives you a rustic lodge feeling when you walk in. The foyer is huge with comfortable seating areas. The front desk staff are awesome and very professional, even though the day we arrived, they had 3 huge corporate groups checking in. We had driven for 2 hours and I wanted a cup of coffee and guess what? They have a menu at the front desk where you can order a custom coffee beverage! How sweet is that!! We were there for a company meeting that included accomodations, semi-formal dinner party and hosted bars with snacks and departure breakfast in the morning. The food was excellent and hot despite serving over 250 people in a timely fashion. Cheers to the chef on the salmon and steak dinners!!! The portion sizes were huge! The dessert was to die for if you enjoy espresso....Rich and delicious. They had sufficient wait staff during our dinner, so we felt well taken care of. The rooms are very comfortable. The beds are temper-pedic and I slept very well. For those of you who need that caffeine boost..there is a small Keriug machine in the room with pods!!! The bathroom in our room was nice...a large walk in shower with tile that I felt safe on....Non slip tile..not a slimey mat. The tv is a flat screen and the number of channels was huge with a clean remote ie; flat selection pad, so no bits of food or dust in between the buttons.
The breakfast was very good and generous. FYI: the wait to be seated on that Sunday morning was 20-40 minutes, so we opted to sit at the bar and it was actually very romantic.
There was a tv there so we were able to watch the Seattle Sounders play while we were waiting for our breakfast.
All in all, this was an awesome mini-vacation for us......Cheers!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked an apartment complex next door, so maybe ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
NorthPacificMgnt, Front Office Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for the great comments regarding your stay. I am very happy to hear that everything was wonderful! I hope to see you again during your next trip to Vancouver!

Yours Truly,