“Genuinely WOW'd!!”

Heathman Lodge
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had read a lot of great reviews before going so my expectations were set quite high, and even with that mindset I was blown away.

I had told the front desk when I booked it was my birthday, and when we arrived we were upgraded to a suite and they had balloons and chocolates waiting for me which was a really nice personal touch.

The room was incredible, clean, filled with every amenity you would need, the furniture was beautiful as well. Very rustic. You arent disrupted by other guests, I did not hear a single peep from any other rooms. The layout is easy to figure out, and if you get confused or forget the front desk was more than willing to explain things.

The front desk was always friendly when you walked by, unlike some hotels who don't even acknowledge your existence.

The restaurant had the best food we have ever tasted...Im still imagining it! The service was very prompt and friendly as well.

Overall I have not one bad thing to say about this hotel. The fact that its a bit out of the way is completely forgotten when you settle in :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
NorthPacificMgnt, General Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Hello Brandie W -

Thank you for your great review about the Heathman Lodge. We are very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations! Our staff pride themselves on taking great care of guests, and as you see it shows! We do have a great clean building but it is our staff that makes it wonderful. We hope to see you again!

Yours Truly,

Brett Wilkerson

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I discovered Heathman Lodge from Living Social. My husband and I needed to get away for the weekend, and when I saw the picture of the lodge, I really liked the warm and inviting look of the place. So we made reservations for this past weekend.

Even before my voucher from Living Social was ready to print, I was able to make reservations. And I still didn't have my voucher when we checked in. But they were okay with that - told me to print it out at the Business Center whenever it was ready. I very much appreciated their friendly attitude, and willingness to work with me over this minor issue. I found them to be helpful and friendly the entire weekend.

The lobby was beautiful, very warm and inviting. The room was perfect - except the TV was not the 42" which was advertised on their website (I would say maybe 37"?).

Anyway, the size of the TV was really nothing in the scheme of things. The king bed was super comfortable, the room was clean and had everything we needed. The Keurig coffee maker was perfect in the morning. As part of the Living Social deal, we had a bottle of merlot wine waiting for us, a box of chocolates and rose petals strewn on the bed.

The first morning we had breakfast at Hudson's. I had the huevos rancheros, and I would heartily recommend it. It was yummy. We had dinner at a different restaurant that evening, but I now wish I had eaten at Hudson's. The food smelled so good as we passed through the lobby. Late that night I picked up our "free" bread pudding (also part of the Living Social deal), and it was delicious!!

The next morning we asked for late checkout, and got it with no problem. We were offered coffee and a newspaper at the front desk as we checked out. I told them we would definitely be back!

To summarize, the room was clean and comfortable and inviting. I forgot to mention the shower---nice and big, just the way I like it. The staff was friendly, service was perfect, and the food was delicious. A perfect getaway if you want to visit the city of Vancouver.

Thank you Heathman Lodge!

Room Tip: Room 376 was a perfect room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KentGal56
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The log cabin decor, both interior and exterior, set this hotel apart. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. Wi-fi is free. The meeting facilities are very nice. The workout area includes treadmills, ellipticals and weights in a small, but adequate room off the indoor pool. The lodge is about ten minutes from the Portland airport. The hotel is located on a quiet street, good for jogging, on a relatively quiet street. The hotel appears to cater business travelers and groups.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

After reading all the rave reviews we decided we had to stay at the Heathman Lodge. We were quite disappointed. I suspect that it is a wonderful place to stay for business travellers. But for those on vacation it isn't quite what we wanted. My husband described it as "style over substance;" we both thought it was a bit pretentious. We didn't get a warm, welcoming vibe from this hotel. To add insult to injury... the waiter spilled beer on my husband and did not even apologize. He did clean off the table but that was it. I will say that their smoked chicken corn chowder was outstanding. But we would certainly stay elsewhere next time we are in the area. It just wasn't our cup of tea (or Keurig coffee, which is what you get in the room... if that is something you appreciate... it did not impress us).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ALT44
NorthPacificMgnt, Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay with us. I am sorry that we did not live up to expectations since we do pride ourselves on being warm and friendly. I do apologize for the spilling of beer on your husband, you are right we should have apologized right away. You do have choices in Vancouver, and while you state you will stay elsewhere next time, hopefully we might still get to see you for a second chance.

Brian McClary
Director of Rooms

Reviewed October 1, 2012

PROS
-You won't find a better hotel elsewhere in Vancouver! This place is unique in decor and makes you feel like you're out in a cabin in Montana.
-Great staff members that were happy to switch rooms for me when I happened to be booked in the room directly above the gym and woke up at 5:30 am to the sounds of feet running furiously on treadmills and the gym's TV.
-Tasty happy hour menu with live music (piano).
-Posturepedic beds were quite nice for someone who is not used to them.
-Hotel has a gym, hot tub, pool, and sauna=great for exercising and then relaxing!

CONS
-Free continental breakfast is only for guests in the business suites.
-Dinner menu is pricey, but there are other chain restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, avoid room 257 which is directly above the gym.
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We had stayed here a few years ago and were excited to return. We love the lodge feel. Unfortunately we were given a horrible room, first the HVAC didnt work but to Engineerings credit they fixed that but our room was right against the freeway. We heard motorcycles and truck brakes all night long, plus the people stomping around above us. Avoid room 301 at all cost. Not matter how nice the hotel is, if I have a restless night's sleep the stay is not good.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank juliebug52

I am sorry to hear about your stay with us. I am happy to hear that engineering did fix the HVAC for you. We have many different room types available and I know that you can get a great nights sleep. Please contact me directly in the future so we can make sure we get you in the right room type.

Brian McClary
Director of Rooms

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel was recommended by a friend when they learned that I had business here. Great hotel here in the Vancouver area. When you have to be away on business, I really appreciate it when I can stay in an affordable, business class, clean environment that also provides a first class experience and makes your business trip a little more enjoyable. Registration was easy, check in very professional and friendly. I had a nice note with bottled water awaiting me which was a very welcoming touch! Easy access to the college and other nice dining options in the surrounding area. Short stay but would like to come back and spend some leisure time here.