Heathman Lodge
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsbusiness levelfourth floorrose petalsbar and grillbirds chirpingkoi pondpendleton blanketsmemory foamon site restaurantwalk in showercoffee machinejacuzzi tubpacific northwestcontinental breakfastthe portland vancouver arearoom was largeparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2012

PROS
-You won't find a better hotel elsewhere in Vancouver! This place is unique in decor and makes you feel like you're out in a cabin in Montana.
-Great staff members that were happy to switch rooms for me when I happened to be booked in the room directly above the gym and woke up at 5:30 am to the sounds of feet running furiously on treadmills and the gym's TV.
-Tasty happy hour menu with live music (piano).
-Posturepedic beds were quite nice for someone who is not used to them.
-Hotel has a gym, hot tub, pool, and sauna=great for exercising and then relaxing!

CONS
-Free continental breakfast is only for guests in the business suites.
-Dinner menu is pricey, but there are other chain restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, avoid room 257 which is directly above the gym.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We had stayed here a few years ago and were excited to return. We love the lodge feel. Unfortunately we were given a horrible room, first the HVAC didnt work but to Engineerings credit they fixed that but our room was right against the freeway. We heard motorcycles and truck brakes all night long, plus the people stomping around above us. Avoid room 301 at all cost. Not matter how nice the hotel is, if I have a restless night's sleep the stay is not good.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank juliebug52
NorthPacificMgnt, Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

I am sorry to hear about your stay with us. I am happy to hear that engineering did fix the HVAC for you. We have many different room types available and I know that you can get a great nights sleep. Please contact me directly in the future so we can make sure we get you in the right room type.

Brian McClary
Director of Rooms

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel was recommended by a friend when they learned that I had business here. Great hotel here in the Vancouver area. When you have to be away on business, I really appreciate it when I can stay in an affordable, business class, clean environment that also provides a first class experience and makes your business trip a little more enjoyable. Registration was easy, check in very professional and friendly. I had a nice note with bottled water awaiting me which was a very welcoming touch! Easy access to the college and other nice dining options in the surrounding area. Short stay but would like to come back and spend some leisure time here.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is my very favorite place to stay, and one of my very first TripAdvisor Reviews. We arrived and were surprised to be upgrade to a suite without extra charge. We were surprised ! a well appointed room, with a spacious bathroom with a large jet tub, separate bedroom, patio and exit from our room directly to it. Thank heavens in a day when most places are cutting back and cheapening their service, this hotel still shines on. Excellent front desk staff who were very helpful with directions or whatever you needed. The Hudson restaurant remains the very best not only in the area, but to think its just a few short steps from your room. A bigger surprise was when we had to do some laundry - its free! And with full size washers and dryers. More amazing was the price - the least expensive place we stayed at during a two week trip, yet it was the very best. As we checked out (reluctantly) I was offered a cup of hot chocolate - delicious ! Your crazy if you stay anywhere else in the Portland area. If only all hotels could be like this one.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Needing to be in Vancouver for business, we picked the Heathman because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor. The room was basic, but clean, comfortable and well appointed. Sadly I had zero time to use the other amenities. Our original room was next to a busy highway; as a light sleeper I asked to be moved, the front desk gladly accommodated my request. As said in earlier reviews, the property is nice and the staff friendly and helpful, however, I am giving the Heathman a 5 star rating because of the Hudson’s restaurant which is located on property. What a pleasant surprise. Trying to eat healthy on the road can be a challenge, but not at Hudson’s. The menu has a nice blend of options. The dining room (and the entire property) has a hip Pacific Northwest décor, upscale rustic (including the menu). After a long day, it was wonderful to get GREAT fresh food and atmosphere without having to leave the property. As a chef and restaurateur, my standards are high and Hudson’s hit the mark.