“Relaxing stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Spokane, Washington
“Relaxing stay”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We have just spent two nights here. My husband is on a business trip and Heathman Lodge does seem to specialize in business travel. I only saw one family with children. Curteous, professional staff at front desk. Check in was very quick. Our room was on the second floor, door opens to small sitting area that overlooks lobby. Because of tall ceilings and hard surfaces the sound really travels and rather noisy during evening happy and dinner hours. The hotel has a pianist that plays from about 5 to 10pm. Nice touch. Once we closed our door could barely hear the piano and did not hear voices, Quiet hotel, can hear some vehicle noise from nearby roads but overall a very nice place to stay. Room are spacious. Our bathroom had a walk in shower instead of a tub which we liked. It had a pedestal sink in the bathroom and another countertop sink outside the bathroom. Nice feature when 2 or more are getting ready. Bed very firm, all appliances very nice and working. Breakfast not included but their hot oatmeal with dried fruit is delicious and a huge portion.

Room Tip: Fourth floor executive rooms are available and a little nicer. Parking may be an issue.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Graham
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Heathman Lodge is a beautiful hotel, conveniently located between shopping, dining, freeways, and tourist attractions. We stayed on the fourth floor at Heathman Lodge. There was a minimal price difference between the fourth floor and other floors and well worth every penny. The free breakfast was great and the rooms were quiet. The hotel staff was very helpful and made us feel valued.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the fourth floor; it is definately worth it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelinglight_56
Bandon, Oregon
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The rooms are adequate at most, the room I had smelled like smoke. Zhanna and Jen at the front desk were very nice and helpful, other staff during the day had attitude problems and were seemingly frantic when asked for simple things like shampoo and extra coffee packets. The food in the restaurant was the best part, the crab cakes were superb.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
NorthPacificMgnt, Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay. I am disappointed about how the staff was besides Zhanna and Jen. If you would like to let me know more about your stay please contact me, since I want to make sure all our staff are nice and helpful!

Yours Truly,

Brian McClary
Director of Rooms
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed here one night while visiting the Portland area. If you stay, definitely upgrade to a room with a Tempurpedic mattress and one that is located away from the main area as it is quite loud. They provide free parking, which is nice. The hotel restaurant is extremely overpriced and not good at all (some menu items were just plain inedible), so venture out to one of the chain restaurants nearby or make the quick drive into Portland for a good meal.

Room Tip: Tempurpedic mattresses are available upon request.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lavertym
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay. I would love the opportunity to talk with you regarding Hudson's Bar and Grill. We take all feedback, and it is not often we hear that some items are not edible, and pricing to high. Hudson's is a higher end in the market, but we take pride in serving the best meals at affordable prices.

Yours Truly,

Brian McClary
Director of Rooms
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is like an old lodge you would find in the woods, but it's newer and is tucked away conveniently off the freeway. It's really cool, the staff is friendly and the room are spacious. The beds are to die for. Very nice, and for me i booked on line and it was only $99.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris S
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed June 8, 2012

When planning a trip to Portland last year, I planned to stay with family for 3 nights at the end of my trip. Well they decided to sell their house of 35 years and move into an RV. So I had to find something to do with myself for those other days/nights.

I was searching around and came upon the Heathmann. I decided to stay here one night, the night before I flew home out of PDX. It ended up being very convenient, next to shopping center where I spent a few hours in the evening.

Nice large room - plenty for little ol' me. My only compliant is that I could not find a map or info about the hotel anywhere in the room and was not provided one at check-in. I had to go seek out the pool/spa and the business center on my own. (If I had known about business center I could have checked in for my flight the night before and arrived running late trying because of dragging my suitcases all over looking for it.) I was having terrible back pain so I checked out the spa- it really wasn't very warm. I guess I could have mentioned it to someone, but I didn't pass back by staff on my way to my room.

All in all I would recommend this establishment.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is my second stay at the Heathman Lodge. It is a great country-lodge style hotel, very rustic in a city slicker sort of way. The rooms are spacious and comfortable - the bed is comfy and provides a good nights sleep. Look for deals on rooms - I found a rate of less than $98 for a king room. The hotel attracts the business crowd, but would be great for a weekend retreat, too.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room that overlooked the lobby, and although I could hear some noise when I stood at t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business