“Spacious Rooms/Good Service/Dirty Carpets”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I just checked in after an all day Medical conference so i was tired. The front desk people were really nice and check-in was fine. Upon entering the room the dirty carpet's were evident. It also smelled like smoke. I read this in the reviews after I paid for it on Hotwire so i wasn't too suprised. Its a cheap place to stay. Better luck next time I guess.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Jennifer R
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. Whether good or bad we appreciate all feedback and use that as a way to gauge how we're doing. I'm glad to hear you felt our staff was personable, that's certainly one of our best strengths. As for the carpet, I do apologize regarding the condition. I assure you we're aware of the carpet and this will be one of the first things they change in the upcoming renovation in January. I hope that you'll come back to see the improvements that have been made.

Thank you again.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

The title sums it up. Clean, spacious rooms. Free breakfast, internet, and parking. Not entirely modern but I'm in my room a couple of hours a day when I travel so its definitely not necessary. Includes fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. All of the necessities, none of the frills for a low price!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aceabouttown

I'm glad you felt our hotel was a great value. We try very hard to to make sure you feel like you get more than just the room for the price. In the days of paying for baggage when you fly we wanted our guests to get a good value when they stay. That's why we include the full hot and cold breakfast, the internet and parking with the rate. Please look out for "modern" improvements to the rooms and public spaces when we begin our renovation in January.

Thank you!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here two nights while visiting Oregon just to be closer to the airport in Portland, but not in the middle of the madness in an expensive hotel. The price here was great. I stayed in a King bed room on the second floor. The coke vending machine was right across the hallway and was a little loud, but nothing awful. The room itself was nice. The bed was very comfortable. The tub had some hair in it that could've been washed out when they went through and cleaned before I checked in. The carpet was awful. It had stained all over it and really needed to be replaced. The hotel just needs a little bit of an update and some remodeling. Other than that it was a nice place to stay for the price. The people at the desk were very friendly and helpful. There were several restaurants very close by. There is a gas station, Walmart, and a mall within minutes. I would stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel isn't too bad of a stay, especially for the price. When I first checked in, my room smelled like smoke. When I went down to the front desk, she took care of it and apologized for the inconvenience. The second time I got to my room, it was good. Clean room and comfortable bed. The only complaint was that the AC needed service. The hotel is decent, but it could use some remodeling.

I have stayed here on a few occasions and will continue because it's a good value for the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Overall this wasn't a bad place to stay. I booked the room online several months in advance but had no problems checking in. The room was huge, a great value for the money. The bed was absolutely perfect and the Wi-Fi was exactly what I needed. Unlike some other reviewers, I didn't notice any cleanliness issues. Indeed the weekend I was there it appeared they were preparing to put in new carpet. I imagine that's been done by now.

The breakfast was OK. There was nothing remarkable about it one way or the other, exactly the sort of thing one would expect at a place like this.

We didn't use the pool, but that was mainly because they put so much chlorine in it I figured they were trying to re-enact the Somme or something. Even my eight-year-old daughter passed on that one.

We were here to see Rush at the nearby Sleep Country Amphitheater. The hotel was a great base of operations for that. I'd happily stay here again under similar circumstances.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lanestartin
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a very average hotel. As some of the other reviewers commented the carpets could be replaced. There are stains and they appear a bit worn. The bathrooms are small. The room itself was utilitarian. If you just need a king bed the separated sitting area is great. Two TVs in the room, efficient wireless, ample parking and many dining options within walking distance. The reviews paint it as a pit using terms as "grossest", "most run-down", "not clean" et. al. I found it to be very similar to most 2-star hotels. C'mon people, you're not paying for Embassy Suites or a Kimpton property, and you should expect to get value similar to cost. The room was $75 total, including tax. Maybe not the Ritz, but certainly a fair value for the price paid.

Room Tip: My room was directly across from the elevator on the second floor and I never heard a sound from the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel was by FAR the grossest, most rundown place I have EVER stayed. In the WORLD. Like billybam84's experience, I found my room to be DIRTY on arrival. Dust, feathers, and glittery debris on the carpet, dried food smears stuck to the leatherette loveseat, multiple horrible brown stains on the carpet. YUCK! Since it was past 9:30 p.m. when I checked in and I was tired, I decided to bring it up in the a.m. with the front desk clerk. She was apologetic and assured me the room would be thoroughly cleaned that day. I even left a $10 tip for housekeeping, because I do believe in living wages for all. But guess what? That night, NO DIFFERENCE. All the crap was still there. When I complained again, I was told the hotel was "under renovation" and that I had gotten one of the "older" rooms. No excuses! Never, never, ever again. As an aside, based on some of the clientele I saw, I think the rooms may rent by the hour...

Room Tip: Anywhere else! Anywhere! Pitch a tent! If you MUST stay here, insist on seeing the room condition BE...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business