“Won't Stay Again”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Very unpleasant experience. On checking in was told that no double bed rooms available (king only). I was also told that the door at the end of the hall was closest to my room (for brining in my luggage), but it turned out the door had a sign on it that it wasn't working so we couldn't enter from outside. I informed the front desk so they didn't continue this suggestion. Bathtub drain clogged. Requested twice that it be fixed. Not fixed during stay. On check out mentioned this and no comment or apology given. Internet didn't work for the 3 days of our stay. Front desk couldn't recommend any places to have dinner. Had 3 rooms and there was a significant difference between the quality of the rooms. One public computer in hotel, but printer out of ink, but you could email boarding pass to the front desk and they could print them. Hotel seemed very run down with dimly lit hallways.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here with kids for a few nights and found it to be a quiet, clean, friendly little hotel. The front desk staff was helpful, the breakfast was reasonable and the rooms were clean and comfy. The pool area did not seem well cleaned, as even after i pointed out some dirty socks to the staff, I still found plastic garbage (the same one) on the pool deck the next day.
Overall, we would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I'm not sure how this one gets such raving reviews, I had a different experience. When you walk in you get a overpowering whiff of antiseptic smell. The hotel is dated, dirty and dark. I won't be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

This was our last night on our trip to Oregon/Idaho/Washington State so we were a bit ragged from driving.
We had booked this hotel online and the photos of the rooms looked great. We were greeted by some very warm and friendly staff members and the manager even gave us an upgrade to our room. We were traveling with our 7 year old so she loved having a large room and her own TV to watch. Room was very large and very clean and quiet. (There was a Wal-mart function going on in the banquet room-more on that later) So we walked right over to soup plantation for dinner and then back to the room to finish packing up for the airport the next morning. Very quiet until several couples returned to their rooms from the banquet at around 12am. Wow...loud and sloshed. Lucky for us they went into their rooms and went to sleep right away. Must have been quite a party for those Walmart employees! Anyway, breakfast was very good and we would no doubt stay there again. So does anyone know why there's so many strange people around Portland? Sure there's CA weird, but Oregon weird is different.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I hope that they don't actually have to pay the cleaning staff at this hotel because I travel a lot and this is the dirtiest hotel that I have stayed in. The carpet needs to be replaced and I mean it is stained, AND worn out. It is so dirty though that you can actually see the dirt and dust on the carpet in the hallways. This is my first time in this chain of hotels and I definitely would not stay here again. Seriously they need to invest in a vacuum and old carpet or not, have someone come in and professionally clean it. It is so dirty that I am afraid to walk barefoot in my room. Also when I got here to check in it took someone almost 10 minutes to come to the desk.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you felt that the hotel and in particular the carpet was dirty. I can assure you we work tirelessly to keep a clean product. That said, our carpet is dated. We do have a company come in every month and steam clean carpets and we also have our own steam cleaner that we use on guest rooms. Sadly some of the stains won't come up. I assure you that we vaccuum and do all we can so the carpet is clean. I am also happy to report that we are in the process of getting new carpet and this should be completed over the next couple months. I urge you to reconsider at that time.

Thank you again!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Not the newest place in town anymore, be we've always had excellent customer service. Our room was spacious and comfortable and the breakfast was tasty every day. A few bad reviews had me looking into other places, but I'm so glad we stuck with "the usual." Location is perfect for us and we love Sweet Tomatoes for dinner next door.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments and your continued patronage. Please watch for updates that are coming in the next few months!! Thank you!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stay here several times a year while visiting my Mom in a nearby Assisted Living. This stay, my room's floor was so stained and didn't look like it had been vacuumed, it is the first time I really didn't want to walk bare foot. The price is a little high unless you get a good price through Hotwire. I did notice they were replacing carpet in some rooms. But everything else is great, always had great service and employees are all friendly. I will be staying here 3 more times this year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your continued patronage. I appreciate your honest feedback and can assure you we are working hard to provide a product and service you will enjoy.

Thank you again!