“We always stay here and enjoy it!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Not the newest place in town anymore, be we've always had excellent customer service. Our room was spacious and comfortable and the breakfast was tasty every day. A few bad reviews had me looking into other places, but I'm so glad we stuck with "the usual." Location is perfect for us and we love Sweet Tomatoes for dinner next door.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for your comments and your continued patronage. Please watch for updates that are coming in the next few months!! Thank you!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stay here several times a year while visiting my Mom in a nearby Assisted Living. This stay, my room's floor was so stained and didn't look like it had been vacuumed, it is the first time I really didn't want to walk bare foot. The price is a little high unless you get a good price through Hotwire. I did notice they were replacing carpet in some rooms. But everything else is great, always had great service and employees are all friendly. I will be staying here 3 more times this year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your continued patronage. I appreciate your honest feedback and can assure you we are working hard to provide a product and service you will enjoy.

Thank you again!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

There are a number of reviews that mention the carpets and I'll just say that I agree they need to be replaced. Other than that, my stay here was fine. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was quiet and clean, and the free wi-fi worked just fine. I didn't use the pool or gym nor did I have the free breakfast so I can't comment on that. The location is good - an office park on one side and several restaurants across the street. Easy access to I-205.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for the feedback you provided. I'm glad to say we're in the process of getting some updates, one of which will be guest room carpet. Please look for that in the next few months. We really appreciate our guests and want to continually improve the product we have to offer you.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The original room given to us was filthy, when I asked for a new room the front desk seemed to be bothered by my request. I was speaking to the agent and was shunted aside and made to wait as they attended other duties before they could find the time to help a guest. The next room was not much better stains on the carpet garbage behind the lamps on the floor. Had we arrived earlier I would have canceled my reservation and found a different hotel. This was my third and last stay at this hotel it is on a downward spiral. Will not use this accommodation again, they lost a client.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback although I must say I was disturbed to hear your comments. I'm so sorry that you had such a negative experience at our hotel. I will tell you that we are in the process of getting some updates which will include new carpet in our guest rooms and that should be taking place in the next couple months. I urge you to reconsider and would love for you to come back and see the improvements. As far as the service you received at the desk, to be honest, it's unnacceptable. We are very proud of the level of service we provide at the hotel and it seems pretty obvious that's not the service you received. I'm sorry for that. I believe strongly that not having a friendly face at the front desk can impact your entire experience. I assure you I will be following up with the front desk team in regards to your comments and how we could have better handled the situation.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed for one night while traveling though the area. Quiet room and beds comfortable. Staff was nice. Bathroom tub floor and area worn, but clean.Would stay again with a good price only, hotwire for $61 per night. great deal.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm glad you had an enjoyable experience but wish it were not just an "ok" but a "great," that's certainly what we strive for here. We are working tirelessly to provide a clean hotel and excellent customer service. We are in the process of getting some updates so please be on the lookout for some changes coming up!! Hopefully that will go a long way to providing the kind of product you deserve to have as our guest.

Thank you again!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was a big disappointment. Carpets were filthy, need to be replaced - I'm sure they can't be cleaned. Stains all over the room. Same in another room of our group! The room wasn't dusted and there was hair by the sink from previous people. Can't recommend at all. For a similar price we could have stayed at a very clean, national chain hotel!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so sorry you encountered carpet in that condition. I am happy to report that we are in the process of getting new carpet and should have that completed within the next couple months. I want our guests to be able to rave about their experience at this hotel and I'm so sorry you had the kind of experience that wouldn't allow for that. I implore you to give us another chance in a few months when you can see the improvements that have been made.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife- two boys 8 & 1.5yrs old stayed for three nights first weekend in June.
Night service crew was very friendly- but day manager always seemed to be scowling, hunched over a computer monitor.
Good quiet location on Vancouver side about 10min from Portland Airport.
Stayed on 3flr- nice room with Samsung flatrscreen- verry limited number of TV stations.
Carpet was stained and dusty.
We had to move bed to find the 1.5 yr old's toy & discovered unbelievable dust. Looked like carpet had not been vacuumed under bed & behind furniture in a long time. We did request extra vacuum which they did- but still felt dusty.
Shower water pressure unbelievably weak. Bath fan very noisy- sometime would shake when you turned it on. I discovered a thick layer of dust- no wonder it was not functioning well.
You could see black spots on top corner of ceiling- mold maybe?
Breakfast was nice on weekday with sausage patties & omelet (out of box.) Beware weekends you will only get scrambled eggs & out-of-can sausage gravy.
Did use the breakfast area to eat take-out from nearby Vietnamese resturaunt, while watching breakfast area TV. 24hour Coffee in lobby was good quality and available.
If they could just improve the cleaning, some staff attitude & cleaning- I would consider a 3 star.
Not a good choice for families with kids due to the dirty carpet. I had to keep my toddler off the carpet after seeing the stains & layer of dust.

Room Tip: When you check in ask for a room with new carpet- as it looks like some rooms have new carpet. Out i...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for feedback. I appreciate that you took the time to write down some areas of improvement for us. I will definitely pass along these comments to the rest of my team. It is important to us that we provide a hotel that's clean, in working order, and with friendly staff. This is what you pay for. I apologize that your stay was less than great. I can assure you however that we are in the process of getting our guest room carpeting replaced and that the project should be complete in the next few months. I will address the other items immediately with team.