DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed April 4, 2011

The Phoenix Inn-Vancouver is very nice. Clean, close to everything, decent breakfast, quiet, nice swimming pool, paper, cookies in the early evening, nice bed, 2 tv's in the room. My daughter enjoyed the pool and I enjoyed the value. Everything you could possibly need is close by, easy freeway access. Fitness room is small and not much to brag about. Would stay again in a second.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
SalesMGR34, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2011

Good morning, and happy Wednesday to you!

I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for staying at our wonderful hotel. I am very happy to see that you had a great stay! I speak for all of us here at the hotel when I say that we look forward to having you as our guest again. Safe travels!

Matt Smith

Reviewed December 5, 2010

Rooms were clean and recently remodeled. Internet was pretty good, also. However, the breakfast was very slim offerings. No butter, only margarine. No fresh fruit. The hot food was, ummm, unattractive and limited to scraps with no refills available.

Would recommend this hotel only if you are going out for breakfast. Otherwise it was okay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
SalesMGR34, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

Good morning!

My name is Matt Smith, and I am the new General Manager for the property. I wanted to personally thank you for your feedback on our breakfast service. Without it, we could never improve! Over the last 30 days, we have taken strides to increase the quality, as well as flow our breakfast room. I would love to invite you to stay with us the next time you are in town to see if it has risen to your expectations. Let me know, and I will personally take care of your reservations.

Matt Smith
360-891-9777

Reviewed December 2, 2010

We've stay at the Phoenix Inn every time we come to the Portland/Vancouver area. The location is excellent. It is tucked into a side street just off Mill Plains, a major street, about 10 minutes from the Airport with easy access to I-205. We’ve tried to find a hotel closer into our Portland family, but find ourselves stuck in traffic for as long as it takes us to drive across the Columbia.

From the hotel, you can walk across the parking lot to McGrath's Fish house or Sweet Tomatoes Buffet. There are literally a hundred good restaurants within just a few blocks. Trader Joes is down the street. What more could you want?

Our favorite thing about the location is that the hotel backs up to a huge parking lot around a business complex. During holidays and weekends, it’s all but empty. We always ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. Even though it is on a main thoroughfare, there is almost no road noise.

It has always been a classy hotel, however the rugs, furniture etc. . . are beginning to show signs of wear. The beds seem to have been replaced recently, though, and are quite comfortable. There is a nice pool, hot tub and exercise room. Everything is clean. The breakfasts are not as nice as they used to be (it’s the economy, I suppose) but there are eggs, biscuits and gravy and a good selection of breads. The service is always friendly.

We got a room over thanksgiving for $59.00. They seem to do most of their business during the week, so we often get good deals on weekends. We’ll keep going back and look forward to some upgrades in the next couple of years.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Phoenix Inn Suites Vancouver has been added to My Favorites, and I will stay here again when in town. In fact, I came back for the last couple days of our visit in the area. Functionally, this hotel has everything you might need from spacious rooms to guest laundry. Breakfast was pretty good, although weekdays the hot food offering was the same every day. The cleanliness of the hotel was surprising to me—spotless and shiny everywhere. We took advantage of the pool (nice warm water) and the spa which had just been resurfaced. Beds were comfortable and the linens were very nice. Service at the front desk, in the kitchen, and from housekeeping was friendly and efficient. I like that there are three decent restaurants less than half a block away (Applebees, Sweet Tomatoes and McGrath’s Fish.) It was nice and quiet, in a nice area. While the location is hard to spot from Mill Plain Blvd (behind the restaurants), within a mile or so you can find anything and everything you would ever want. This is a great alternative to the “airport” hotels because of all the stores and restaurants in the surrounding area, and very easy, fast access to the Portland airport just 2 or 3 miles away. While in the area, we experienced a death in our family and I had to change our 2nd reservation not once, but twice. Both Expedia and the hotel were fabulous helping me out, changing dates, getting my hotel cancellation fees waived, etc. The furnishings are in good condition, but we did note some scuffing of the woodwork and everything was dark (e.g. black leather sofa, dark woods.) If you are comparing hotels in the area, Phoenix Inn Suites is almost identical to the Clarion Hotel at the Portland airport, which is just slightly more upscale, same features and amenities, equal comfort. If you can come here for a lower price, you won’t be sorry.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We stayed at this hotel during a shopping getaway to Portland. We found it at a discount on Expedia and grabbed it up, based on the ratings it had received. We were not disappointed.

Friendly staff
Clean
Quiet
Comfy rooms with great mattresses and luxurious pillows
Nice, warm pool/hot tub
Small exercise room, but we didn't use it
Good, varied continental breakfast - something for everyone
Easy access to I-205
Close to restaurants and Fred Meyer (walking distance to Applebees and Sweet Tomatoes)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2010

The hotel was clean, easy to locate, and the room was spacious. The laundry facility and pool were great. Breakfast was very nice. We loved that this hotel was very family friendly. The room rate was also excellent. Would definantly stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2010

We enjoyed this hotel very much. The rooms were nice, very spacious, and nicely decorated. The breakfast was so much more than the usual. The hot tub broke while we were there but was fixed within 24 hours.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple