“My stay at van mall Howard Johnson.”

Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Vancouver by Vancouver Mall
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Miami, Florida, USA
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I used to stay at this hotel when it was the Rodeway inn back in June 2012. I had back then considered it fair for its price. Much has changed since my previous stay and now (January 2013). With this new manager the quality and service has increased drastically! Probably the greatest boon is the front desk which has been so very homely to us, treating us like family and not just paying customers.

The room itself (I got the suite.) Looks so improved from its previous incarnation. (hell just look at the carpet!) The new flat screen tv is much easier on the eyes as well. To my understanding the hotel is still undergoing renovations so expect more improvements like this.

Probably the best detail about my stay was the proximity to where I needed to be. The hotel sits very close to the 205 interstate which makes it really easy to head to Portland and back. Furthermore its right on the Forth Plains Road allowing for easy access to practically everything in Vancouver WA. To make the situation even better, the hotel sits next to Westfield Mall shopping center. Convienent.

(there is no fitness center, Trip advisor wont let me turn it off, lol.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank R A
STEVENSON
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Usually when I go to Portland on my own and want to go economy I go to The Troutdale Travel lodge. As a wyndham Rewards "member" I checked other motels in the area and came upon a Howard Johnson's in Vancouver WHICH IS THIS MOTEL. At first they didn't recognize or want to recognize the reservation in terms of room reserved nor rate quoted; I had the confirmation # on my net book and brought it in. That settled that. They gave me a handicap room which was fine since it did have a bathtub. However, The hairdryer was broken, the sink drained poorly to not at all, the microwave timer was stuck and the only way to turn it off was by pulling the plug. The showerhead kept slipping and the carpet had been cleaned but was not clean! My wife would never have spent the night here. ! MY biggest comlaint was the "notsocontinental breakfast" Rotten bananas. I would have been embarrassed to leave them out. Some people like them I guess, but the rest was worse than the Troutdale Travel Lodge and that's pretty bad. So not only did I drive further, spent an few more dollars but got less quality.! On the other hand I do think improvements are on their way (maybe!) The staff was very friendly, though I received no apology nor compensation for the poor quality of the room. I gave it in writing to the desk clerk written on my room invoice so it was hard to miss. Too bad because the place has potential As I was leaving a hotel employee was changing the fan belt on his old truck and had me locked in. It was raining hard and I did not like it. It was unnecessary to do it right there with plenty of room to spare If you are hungry after hours there isn't much to choose from, but the 7/11 nearby has a surprisingly excellent selection of foods including fresh fruit salads OHHHHHH!!! watch out for the bed; so soft that no handicapped person could ever use it without trouble getting in and out of bed

Room Tip: ask to check the room before you buy!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank vovhund

Travelers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed for three days, I loved the location,being close to the Westfield Mall for shopping. Room was very nice, new carpet and very clean, flat screen tv, and wi-fi. I loved the pool and hot tub! All the staff that i encountered were exceptional! I had the pleasure of meeting the new owners who treated me like family and told me they are continuing to up date the hotel (which is very obvious). I will stay again here for sure, and recommend it to my friends and family!

Room Tip: I would recommend spending a little extra and get a room with a microwave and a refridge.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stay was very pleasant. The staff was very nice, helpful and accomodating. The lobby was clean and was very cheerful. Pool was well maintained and clean. The room was spacious clean. Had nice tvs, microwave, and small refridgerator. Was smoke free. The maids were wonderful and did a nice job. The continental breakfast was good and well stocked coffee kept fresh. Had the pleasure of meeting the new owners who were very nice and talked about the many plans to make the hotel even better.

Would definatly recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was pleasantly suprised when i stayed at the rodeway inn this time. In the past some of the rooms would be questionable. I met the new owners and they were very accomidating. they made me feel at home and told me about the new renovations they are doing...new carpet, towels, ect... my room was great and had a really nice flat screen t.v. with a lot of channels. deffinately a big upgrade

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lakeview
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The rug in the elevator was dirty and smelly. The hallway carpets smelled old and had numerous stain spots on them. The room carpet had stains and a huge black stain between the two beds. Don't go bare footed or in your socks in this place. It's gotten worse each time I've stayed there. This last time was the finaltime for me. Breakfast is frozen waffles or bagels and cheap cereal. Fruit on some days.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business