“Owner goes off on customer”
Review of Hula Boy

Hula Boy
Ranked #403 of 731 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Went into have Mahi Mahi and the fish was so fishy you couldn't even stand to put it past your nose. Owner says that this is the only kind of Mahi Mahi we serve, nothing like in Hawaii which tasted great. When explaining to owner how it smelled and tasted, he said why are you eating my food get out of here. That is what you call pleasing your customers. Obviously he doesn't care about customer service. Last time that we will be in this place. Didn't even ask if he could get you something else, instead he said that this is what you order, at which time I said that I wasn't going to eat it and he said that was my choice. I said that I wasn't ever coming back here after the way he treated us, he said that he didn't want us to come back. His wish is our command, we will never be back.

3  Thank sputnik1114

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Recommend, I have been here to eat at least 10 times whether dine in or carry out. The food has been great either way. It can get busy at lunch time. I recommend the combo plate with beef, chicken and coconut shrimp.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

I have been going to Hula Boy since the first days that they opened as a friend knew the owner and I work a mere 3 minutes from this location. Hula Boy is a cherished lunch whenever we go for us at my job as the food is healthy, fresh and plentiful but more importantly the staff is wonderly friendly. We just miss the old days when we could go and get a table readily as it is so popular now it is almost always packed by noon but still worth it. They also have a newer restaurant downtown with bar downtown.

1  Thank Parwilldo
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Excellent service. The food was very good. I liked that brown rice was a choice and it was prepared very well. Loved the decor, I forgot I was in a strip mall.

Been to Hula Boy? Share your experiences!