“They could do better”

Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“They could do better”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Another recent trip to Vancouver WA placed me in need of a hotel room for one night.
Rooms are clean and nice.. However, if you like two queen beds squeezed in a room ment for one king, and ya don't mind having to skinny in between bed and desk chair to get from one side of the room to another, then this intimate setting is for you.. hair dryer sucked cause it wouldn't blow. Main floor elevator button light was out, so you weren't quite sure if it was in use, or out of use.

Usual feedbag fare in the breakfast room. Good place to stay in a pinch. Easy access to freeway, and walking distance to downtown Vancouver shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a single bed room if that is all you need.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
MKMGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hello Douglas S,

Thank you very much for your review here and for choosing our hotel for your visit to Vancouver. I agree with you that if a larger room is what is needed, then guests should book either our King Suites or rooms with 2 Queens. After some research, I noticed you were actually in our room with 2 Doubles. Our rooms with 2 queens or our King Suites are about double the size for about $10-$15 more. So I encourage you to book these rooms if you are ever in the area again.

I also have taken your other notes about the elevator and the Hair dryer and made sure those have been completed, thank you for that.

Thanks again for your Review and I look forward to serving you again!

MKM General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bullard, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Last night before early flight home. Check in took over 30 minutes, due to me clerk, which we understood. Request a quiet room, we're put on ground floor next to the workout and breakfast rooms. Very noisy. Got phone call at 9pm to come to front desk. They couldn't find our check in paperwork so needed to do paperwork and run card again. Was told the new girl didn't do any Checkins properly. I hate to blame a newbie... We all have to learn sometime. I just wish we could have had a quieter night, and her Co worker had handled the issue without blaming the newbie.
The room was clean, bed was comfortable, just to much hall noise for us. Slamming doors until midnight and hall partying when one must wake up at 4:30 stinks.

• Stayed July 2013
Hello Texasislandgirl1,

Thank you for your review! I apologize for the confusion with check-in, but I agree with you 100%, we are a team and this situation should have been handled a little better rather than pointing fingers. Everyone makes mistakes and I expect it which is why I always like to see comments like this once in awhile to let me know how we are doing from a guests perspective.

I do hope you consider staying with us again when in the area as these issues have been used as a training point and should not happen again. Thank you again for your feedback!

Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Was impressed with the quality, especially as we saved 44% by booking a deal on Priceline. Rooms were not large, but were very comfortable. Hotel is walking distance from various restaurants and close to Portland. Really friendly and welcoming staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello jamesredge,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed yourself and that we were able to serve you on this visit to Vancouver. If you are ever in the area again, please let us know!

We look forward to serving you again.

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

The room itself was okay, nothing spectacular. The bed was pretty comfortable and the AC blasted nicely. The mini fridge was very handy. I think the thing my husband and I didn't like was the fact that there were a lot of weird looking people hanging around. Like we couldn't tell if they were staying at the hotel or what they were doing. In all honesty, they looked like crackheads. I think the reason we stayed was because there were no rooms available elsewhere. Staying someplace different next time in Vancouver.

• Stayed June 2013
Melissa S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Unfortunately, we can't discriminate against a guest simply by their looks. If they are able to pay for their room, such as you did, then I welcome all guests. Now, on the other hand, if there were actual "crackheads", as you put it, that were conducting illegal activites or causing problems with my other guests, that would be an issue that I would either envolve the police with or just escort them off the property myself. I am sorry that you got that impression of our hotel however, and we wish you all the best!

Seabeck, Washington
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I wouldn't normally stay at Comfort Inns. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn, but wanted to save some money this time. I should've stayed at Hampton Inn. Although the price is good, and the bed by far is the best thing about the rooms and stay in general, those factors do not override the cramped conditions, the struggle of the AC to keep the room below 70, the 25 people in the pool with my two kids, and the breakfast of powdered eggs and the most disgusting sausage I've ever eaten. Having served 24 years in the US Navy, I know what bad food is.....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hello James M,

Thank you for your Review and mentioning some of these points we can use to improve on. I do want to assure you, we do not serve "powdered eggs" however, and i will definitely look into the sausage issue. I do wish to talk more about this with you though as I am wondering if you were in our most basic and least expensive room, as you mentioned to save money. Those rooms are a bit small, i will admit, with 2 double beds and are what we offer for special deals on many websites. However, for about $10-$15 more, we offer rooms with 2 queens or a king bed that are a lot more spacious for those that require a bigger room. It's all in what you wish to pay for.

Lastly, I wish there was more we could do with the pool situation. However with it being outdoors and our most attractive feature of the hotel, things can get very busy in that area when the hotel is at full capacity.

I do want to thank you again for your review and I hope we will see you again in the future.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We booked in Vancouver for a City trip to Portland. at less than $60 per night, its one of the cheaper places in the whole region, but comes with breakfast, wifi and an outdoor pool. Location right on the I5 makes it easy to get to downtown Portland, but we still found restaurants and bars within walking distance of the hotel. Outdoor pool was so nice and warm and then let you swim until past 10pm. the sauna also works great. The hallways, bathroom and beds were immaculately clean. Breakfast was basic+ with hot food (eggs, waffles) but closes by 9 am. Staff were ok, but the front desk did not have a bottle opener to borrow. Overall, this is probably the best you can get in the price range.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 doubles (not queen beds) are cheaper
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hello jjzazzy,

Thank you for posting a Review! I appreciate the kind words and will definitely look into making sure we have a bottle opener for your next visit!

Thanks again and I hope you have a great 4th of July!

Sumner, Washington
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Was going to PIR raceway for the week end. Even thought the hotel is in Vancouver it was very easy to get too & even with Friday traffic was about 15mins back from PIR. & in the morning 5mins. Staff was very helpful, my room was ready & clean, good beds. I do agree the 2 bed rooms would be very cramped with more than 2 people. Breakfast was very good. Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Hello JALFAN,

Thank you for your review here and for choosing our hotel for your visit here to Portland/Vancouver! I appreciate the kind comments and am very please that you enjoyed your stay. Please look us up if you are ever in the area.

I look forward to serving you again!

Comfort Inn and Suites