“Granny's 95th. Birthday trip to Alaska”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
“Granny's 95th. Birthday trip to Alaska”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Nice quite hotel. Staff very friendly. Rooms a bit small for wheelchair, furniture very large making it hard to get around in the room. Overall we would stay here again. Next door to Black Angus restaurant, so we only had to walk through the parking lot for dinner.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hello mousetogo,

I just wanted to thank you for your review! I am glad to see you had a great stay, minus the big furniture in the room. I thank you for your visit though, and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Joe Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Snohomish
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed 5/9 at this Comfort Inn & Suites on our way to Oregon - had enough points
for a free night. Ate at the Black Angus restaurant adjacent to the hotel.

Again, we stayed upon our return on 5/20 - Paid for our stay.

Room was fine - Beds were fine.

The elevators with the light wood looked like they need to be refurbished.

Easy loacation to find off I-5.

Room Tip: We stayed the 2nd time on the 2nd floor close to the vending machine. They do make noise that filte...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Snoho37,

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor! We want to thank you for choosing our hotel here both times through this area and I am happy that we were able to serve you well both times. I apologize for the room right across from the Ice Machine, That area can get a bit busy as it is also right by the elevator. So again, I apologize for that and I hope that we can get you into another room down the hall next time!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Deer Park, Washington
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here on business, and rather unbelievably, I my flight got me in very early indeed. So I called the hotel to ask for an early check-in, which they were able to happily accommodate for me. Whether it's because I was early or perhaps all the rooms are like this, my room was very cramped. So much so that I couldn't pull the desk chair all the way out from the desk without hitting the bed.

Despite the size, the room was spotlessly clean and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable!

There didn't seem to be too much in the way of food around, requiring a short drive north on I-5.

This hotel is perfect if you have business downtown Vancouver. In my case, my business was just over the border in Oregon and as it turns out, I-5 South on business day mornings is a parking lot. It look me about 30 minutes to go the 3 miles south that I needed to go, so this hotel may not be a great choice if you need to cross the river during peak traffic time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hello christ0fu!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. Believe me, if i could control the traffic I would do so in a heartbeat! I am sorry that happened though and I hope you were not late for your appointments.

As a side note, I wanted to mention that you probably reserved one of our rooms with 2 double beds, which is one of our smaller rooms indeed. If you are ever in the area again, I would like to get you into our standard king or 2 queen rooms. They are quite a bit more spacious with extra seating room as well.

Again, I thank you for your reply here and I look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Comfort Inn and Suites
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were in Vancouver for a trade show. We had a comfortable room with fridge and microwave. Because we came in by train, the hotel's shuttle helped us get back and forth to the convention. The breakfast buffet was ample and the staff very considerate.

Hello BookTraveler101,

I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and I thank you for your review here. If you are ever in the area again, be sure to contact us!

Comfort Inn and Suites
Grandview, Washington
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was our first time staying at this property. We stayed for one night to attend a meeting at a nearby location.

The property is clean. The rooms are quiet. We stayed in a King room, but it was tight. The only chair was the one at the desk. When you pulled it out from the desk, you had no rom to walk around the end of the bed, such as to get to the refrigerator and microwave.

The bed was comfortable. A/C and heating was good. The bathroom is larger than most, but the towels are small. There is ABUNDANT hot water.

We did not have an ironing board in the room as advertised. When we called the front desk, she said she didn't think they had ironing boards (as advertised) but she would call the manager and get back to us. She didn't. I made sure to me ntion it when I checked out because I didn't want to get charged for making off with an item from the room. The manager apologized profusely, stating that they do, in fact, have ironing boards and was sorry we didn't get one.

Nice luggage carts are provided, however the curbing does not have a cut-out to allow you to roll it out to the parking area. You have to walk half the length of the building to use the handicap ramp (which is not covered against rain. My tip: unload your car at the front door rather than the parking lot.

The breakfast room is nice and well stocked. You also have to use your key to access the room, which is a GREAT touch. I have been in too many hotels where it is apparent non-guests are walking in to use the breakfast area. I'd suggest this arrangement to all hotels.

There is a Black Angus restaurant next to the hotel, so a nice chaoice for dinner.

I wish the rooms were a bit larger for more than one night of stay, but we will use the property again when in the area.

1 Thank I82X73
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello I82X73,

I appreciate this review very much and thank you for choosing our hotel. Comments like these are fantastic as they show us both what we are doing great and where we should improve. I remember your stay and remember the issue about the Ironing board. The guest service agent that was on duty was one of our newest employees and, as this does not excuse us not being able to get you an ironing board or for not having one in the room, I just wanted to let you know that the issue has been addressed.

I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future. If so, I would suggest one of our King Suites as they are only about $5-$10 more, but have a great deal more space with a couch and coffee table in the sitting area.

Thanks again for this review and I look forward to serving you again!

The NW
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was going to title this "You get what you pay for." but then I stayed in another hotel for the same price, that was much nicer, in the same general area.

-The entire building is tired looking. It does look like some remodeling has taken place, but slapping new wallpaper and paint on and old skeleton doesn't make for a nice hotel.

-Bathroom doors didn't close tightly so the garbage can had to be used to prop the door closed because it wouldn't stay closed without it.

-Door to the hallway had a huge gap underneath it. Large enough for lots of hallway light to flood in.

-The breakfast room was tiny and the staff had a hard time keeping things stocked.

-There appeared to be a guy sleeping in his car, in the parking lot.

-The location is good if you want to explore downtown, on foot, but after a drive around the area, I am not sure that's advisable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello NWTravelingFam,

I thank you for your review of our hotel, however I am a little taken aback as we just completed a complete our full remodel just 3 years ago with new flooring, furniture, tiles and much more. I would almost want to confirm that the correct property was reviewed here.

However, I am going to take these points and make sure that these are not happening at my property and you have my sincerest apologies.

Thank you again for your review and bringing these matters to my attention. I guarantee I will make sure these are addressed!

Tri-Cities, WA
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband & I have been staying at this place for 4 years at least 2 times a year, it's a little on the old side & could use some up grades but it's in a great location for what we are in the area for, has many good resturants with in walking distance plus convenience to the freeway. Our check in was fab the young lady (Jullian) was very helpful got us everything we asked for with ease. Was just there 4/3 thru 4/6/13 this was the first time that our room wasn't cleaned one of the days and when they came to clean didn't get clean glassed or cups they was rinsed out but not clean & just put plastic back on them. This was the only time this has happened. Other than that we've been happy with all our stays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello FayL189,

It was a pleasure having you again and I thank you for your review! I want you to know that I take comments like these very seriously when it comes to the cleanliness of my rooms. I want you to know that I will be looking into this and making it a priority to make sure this does not happen again. You have my sincerest apologies.

I am glad to hear the rest of your stay was great and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.