“Needs repair”

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
The NW
“Needs repair”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was going to title this "You get what you pay for." but then I stayed in another hotel for the same price, that was much nicer, in the same general area.

-The entire building is tired looking. It does look like some remodeling has taken place, but slapping new wallpaper and paint on and old skeleton doesn't make for a nice hotel.

-Bathroom doors didn't close tightly so the garbage can had to be used to prop the door closed because it wouldn't stay closed without it.

-Door to the hallway had a huge gap underneath it. Large enough for lots of hallway light to flood in.

-The breakfast room was tiny and the staff had a hard time keeping things stocked.

-There appeared to be a guy sleeping in his car, in the parking lot.

-The location is good if you want to explore downtown, on foot, but after a drive around the area, I am not sure that's advisable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello NWTravelingFam,

I thank you for your review of our hotel, however I am a little taken aback as we just completed a complete our full remodel just 3 years ago with new flooring, furniture, tiles and much more. I would almost want to confirm that the correct property was reviewed here.

However, I am going to take these points and make sure that these are not happening at my property and you have my sincerest apologies.

Thank you again for your review and bringing these matters to my attention. I guarantee I will make sure these are addressed!

Joe Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Tri-Cities, WA
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband & I have been staying at this place for 4 years at least 2 times a year, it's a little on the old side & could use some up grades but it's in a great location for what we are in the area for, has many good resturants with in walking distance plus convenience to the freeway. Our check in was fab the young lady (Jullian) was very helpful got us everything we asked for with ease. Was just there 4/3 thru 4/6/13 this was the first time that our room wasn't cleaned one of the days and when they came to clean didn't get clean glassed or cups they was rinsed out but not clean & just put plastic back on them. This was the only time this has happened. Other than that we've been happy with all our stays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello FayL189,

It was a pleasure having you again and I thank you for your review! I want you to know that I take comments like these very seriously when it comes to the cleanliness of my rooms. I want you to know that I will be looking into this and making it a priority to make sure this does not happen again. You have my sincerest apologies.

I am glad to hear the rest of your stay was great and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Renton, Washington
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is my first review of a hotel, because its the first time I've felt my opinion would help others. The hotel was fine in all other respects but the scented air fresheners or cleaning products used at this hotel are over the top smelly. Walking through the hall to my room made my throat start to close up. The odor in the room itself was not as strong but two days later, I clearly have a sinus infection started from the irritation of the scented product they used.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LBM_715
Hello LBM_715,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I did some research into the issue with the air freshner in our hallways. It looks like we had our airfreshners refilled the week of the 10th. That would be the cause for the over whelming scent from the newly replenished air freshenr dispensers. I did call our vendor and see what we could do to make sure it is not so overwhelming for next time. We have since then toned it down to not be such an overwhleming scent when refilled..

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to talk further about this matter, you may always reach me by phone, 360-696-0411 or be email, vancouverhotel@mkmhotels.com.

Graham, Washington
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice value hotel with in room large refrigerator and microwave. Good breakfast included with the room price, scramble eggs, bacon, etc. Convenient to freeway with close proximity to Vancouver convention center, Jantzen Beach, Portland. Also many good resturants within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello Foxtails,

I apologize for the lateness of my reply, but I wanted to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for the kind words. I am very pleased to see that you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Best Regards,

Liberty Lake, Washington, United States
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The breakfast was just okay but they didn't have many choices. Plus the so called business center was only one computer that was extremely hard to get access to but the front desk person was extremely helpful in sorting that issue out.The rooms were also really great.

Room Tip: The suites have a unique shape but are very nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hello Joshua R ,

Thanks you for taking the time to write a Review about your stay. I'm not 100% sure this is for this hotel, but I wanted to make sure to respond to you at least. Our Business center is a Multi Computer station which is very easy to access right up the ramp from the front lobby. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in all other aspects though.

Again thank you for the review and I hope we see you in the future!

Downtown Vancouver, WA
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed December 1, 2012

No problems at all, Just quiet and clean. It's real easy for on / off freeway access. Very close to Portland Oregon, shopping, convention center, race tracks ect. Lots of local shopping and restaurants in Washington and Oregon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Good Afternoon B J!

Sorry for the late response, but I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave these kind words. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the review again. We look forward to seeing you again if you are ever in the area!

Happy Holidays!

Depoe Bay, Oregon
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Vancouver Washington property in question has been host to me three times in the last few months because of value. It was not so when the property had previous affiliation. This Comfort Inn is exceptionally clean, the staff gets an A on being attentive and friendly, and it is accommodating to travelers needs, especially we business types who can be and are very picky. I am pleased to endorse the Comfort Inn for value: quality/price.
Tommy Mack

Room Tip: Single executive kings have room, sofa and coffee table, nice desks with chairs, high speed wireless...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Good Morning TommyMack.

I appreciate the kind words and taking the time to write this review! I am very happy to see my staff took very good care of you and that you had a pleasant stay! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!