“Would not Recommend”

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Allison Park, PA
“Would not Recommend”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Many breakfast items not available (well unless you want to wait 15 minutes).
No Hot tub, it was removed.
Many times there is no one at the front desk.
Laundry was closed out of service are entire stay (3 days)...
The pool area had towels everywhere never cleaned up and few lounge chairs.

In general, not managed...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Hello pauljohnson1222,

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I would like to point out however, that we have never had a hot tub at our property and that it would be impossible to remove one if it has never existed. Also, as we get busy during the summer, I can understand how it would seem that there are not enough chairs when the pool is full of people during a sold out weekend and I apologize about that and hope you can understand. And as much as this is true for the chairs and constant use of the pool towels and it being difficult to keep up on, I want you to know that this is not excuse and I will be taking measures to make sure that the area is monitored on a more regular basis, especially on weekends such as these.

I apologize again for any inconvenience that you experienced and would like you to contact me with any further comments or questions directly at the hotel here.

Best Regards,

Comfort Inn and Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We are regular Comfort Inn customers but that may soon change. On a recent trip south we stopped overnight in Vancouver Washington. It was our first time here. Check in was efficient, but not overly friendly. We found the room small and crowded with oversize furniture and it smelled strongly of chemicals as did much of the hotel. Cleanliness was average at best. The bed was comfortable. Don't expect a good night sleep without ear plugs. We were on the back of the hotel and had the window open all night because of the chemical smells. I-5 is very close and the traffic doesn't stop. It is also near the flight path for Portland International and the trains could be heard all night long. The breakfast was mediocre by Comfort Inn standards. The place is tired and the staff seemed disinterested. We definitely will not return.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cashman777
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, July 23, 2011
Hello Cashman777,

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than satisfactory. As the new General Manager of the facility here in downtown Vancouver, I always welcome input like this. I expect nothing but the best from my staff, so to hear about the service you received is disheartening and I can assure you these issues will be addressed. We always put our guests interest first and want to do everything in our power to make sure we meet each and every guests requirements. I would like to have you contact me and discuss further details with you about how we can accomplish this. You can contact me directly at the hotel any time during the day Monday through Friday. I hope to hear from you soon.

Comfort Inn and Suites

Travelers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 14, 2011

This used to be a 1 star Shilo Inn, which was converted to a Comfort suites. They did a very nice job on the remodeling, but they must have the WORST hot breaksfast I've ever seen. On their website they promote their breaksfast as somekind of 5 star hotel breaksfast with hot eggs (OVERCOOKED LIKE CARDBOARD), Saugages (raw like eating raw meat). They say they have gravy & biscuits...not true. No danishes, muffins, apple juice or cranberry juice. In other words spend the extra money and stay at the Hilton or Marriott just a few miles away. Or just stay at a Motel Six and go to Denny's for breaksfast.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank kabala0428
JoeJohns, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Hello kabala0428,

I would like to thank you for bringing these matters about our breakfast to my attention. We always make guests satisfaction our number one priority. When we see something like this, I can assure you we take it very seriously and we will be doing everything we can to make sure this doesn’t happen again. There is no excuse that would make this acceptable and you have my deepest apology. I would like to make this up to you if at all possible. If you could contact me directly at the hotel, I can most certainly take care of any issues or concerns about this.

Best Regards,

Comfort Inn & Suites
(360) 696-0411
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I stayed her last weekend with a large group. Two of the rooms had chriping smoking detectors, one of the rooms reeked of cigarette smoke. The key cards all had to be reprogramed the second day. Rooms are small, beds are small, but reasonably clean. The breakfast room was not adequately staffed. Next time I find myself in this area I will stay across the river at a hotel in Jantzen Beach.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank debrueg
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I booked a room here based on a google coupon for this hotel. You can see the coupon at the following link:

The hotel refuses to honor the coupon? I'm very disappointed and will probably never stay at another comfort inn if this is the type of false advertisement that I can expect? I was told I was already getting a AAA rate, so I asked it to be changed in order to get the coupon rate, but then they quoted me a very high rate I'm assuming to compensate for the coupon discount? I can go online and get the room for $69 but they keep telling me the coupon only applies to the $89 rate. It says nothing about this on the coupon?

Very poor business practice. I asked the person at the front desk to have the manager call me and they never called?

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank jrzav
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Location is good, hotel is average - breakfast is good, fitness room is disaster, one computer from two "out of order", shower didn't work properly and drainage is very slow, sauna was dark - light there didn't work. My personal impression - do not trust anybody there - if you use any kind of coupons be sure have something in writing from front desk. We used coupon and originally wanted to stay 2 nights, but asked front desk clerk if we decide to stay longer if rate will be thesame. He answered "yes". On the second day in the morning went to front desk and double checked with another clerk - he told us that our rate will be even lower. We were unpleasantly surprised on the check-out day - they lost our coupon and increased our rate since the third day. We tried to talk to the front desk manager - he wasn't helpful nor nice. Promised email and problem solution never happened and we were overcharged. There is many other hotels.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Solnishko1
washington
Reviewed July 27, 2010

The Comfort Inn and Suites are right next to the Van Mall which has great shopping and food court as well as plenty of restaurants all within walking distance. The rooms were very clean, large, and beds were super comfortable with pillow top mattresses and higher quality sheets and bedding. Staff was nice and deluxe continental breakfast was offered. The price was comparable to similiar motels/hotel chains during low season. I had to double check to make sure they quoted me summer rates!

Only downside is no elevators so if you want upper floor make sure you are able to take baggage up yourselves, although I believe they would find someone to assist you if necessary. The breakfast eating area is a bit small also, but good food and lots of it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple