“Flea Infested Rooms”

Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, Washington
“Flea Infested Rooms”
Reviewed January 20, 2011

The main reason I stayed at the Motel 6 was because they allow pets without extra charge. Stayed in Motel 6's on the entire 1350 miles trip and this one was the worst I have ever encountered. Went to turn down the blankets and noticed that one of the pillows had stains all over them. Sheets were thread bare. My small dogs have never had fleas and the second day we were there I noticed them scratching and saw the little black fleas on them. Room smelled so bad that I asked for another room. Not only musty smell, but also urine. I don't believe they had cleaned the carpet for some time. When I complained they said the only thing they could do was set off a bug bomb. Don't waste your time staying there unless you don't mind fleas.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Werducks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Edmonds, Washington, USA
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Not thrilled with this one, but maybe I expect too much. Lobby stunk of cigarette smoke. Room looked pretty clean upon entry, but upon further look, discovered feces ground into carpet by bathroom sink. Bathroom door was pretty chipped up, tile in bathroom had about 1/3 of the grout missing. Towels were bare - my friend has seen better towels at truck stop showers! Mattress was lumpy & slanted. No tissues at all. If this is a "refreshed" property, I don't think I want to see an unrefreshed one. Sigh... maybe I expect too much.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank PreferMyMotorhome
wanderingbeagle
Reviewed July 29, 2010

After staying in some pretty bad motels across the river in Portland, I decided to try the Motel 6 in Vancouver. I have since stayed several times here and I've found all experiences to be about the same. It is inexpensive and fairly clean, although there was somewhat of a mildewy odor in the last room I stayed in.

The biggest complaint I have is one I'm finding in more and more rooms lately--a lack of easily accessible electrical outlets. The outlet nearest the bed is right behind it, making it an irritation to move the bed to plug in a laptop. The other plugs are already tied up with the lights or the TV.

If you're trying to spend a relaxing week in beautiful Vancouver then perhaps you want to look elsewhere. However if you are looking for a cheap, fairly clean place to stay the night before moving on, this place should fit the bill.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wanderingbeagle
seattle
Reviewed June 26, 2010

i've stayed at 2 of the 4 other hotels in the immediate vicinity & am happy to say that the previous reviews did not deter me ~
my experience was of a very economical & clean room
[also with premium cable channels & free wi-fi!]
& excellent location:
blanket, bedspread, mattress were fine,
{would have loved more/bigger pillows, tho'}
smelled ok & receptionist friendly,
despite bare lobby & only coffee in the morning (no coffeemaker in room)
> microwave/fridge available upon request
did not notice homeless wandering around & enjoyed convenience of many
stores/restaurants within walking distance
... would say that management has made some great changes!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank glee2007
Washington
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Smokers everywhere and it's even encouraged by the management, who, in fact, smoke right outside the lobby doors with complete disregard for guests or the state law. The room stinks like urine, pubic hairs in the bed...not ours! Burn marks and KNIFE cuts in the blankets of a non-smoking room...it's got to be the nastiest place we've ever had the displeasure of staying in. The owner is not present, lives out of state; I guess I'd have to call them slum lords because they certainly aren't putting money into this place to keep it up to Motel 6 standards! Be sure to bring your own pillow as the lumps in these ones won't benefit you in any way. Did I mention the homeless wandering around? ugh Or maybe the animal hair in the washing machine?

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank madelyn300
magpies123
Reviewed May 10, 2009

As soon as we walked in Room 106 we noticed a horrible musky smell. We sprayed the room with lysol but it didn't cover the smell completely. The mattress was very uncomfortable and sunk in the middle. We should have requested another room, but I had a feeling they probably were all the same. We wont be staying in Motel 6 again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank magpies123
minneapolis, mn
Reviewed March 30, 2008

I just thought everyone reading these reviews should know that this property changed hands in August of 2007. It used to be Quality Inn and the reviews that are dated before Aug. 2007 are by people that stayed there before it was a Motel 6. They no longer have complimentary breakfast or even clocks in the rooms. We booked when it was a Quality Inn and were not informed of the change to a Motel 6. We were expecting breakfast in the morning but Motel 6 doesn't offer that. They even took the clock out of our room half way through our stay. When we asked about it they said they no longer provide clocks. They were rude and unapalogetic. The non-smoking room we stayed in was very smokey and one night there was a loud party upstairs that the management did nothing about.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple