“Great people!”

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Indiana
“Great people!”
Reviewed August 21, 2005

Front desk staff was excellent. Room was clean and comfortable although not the latest in decor. The bar area is located with great views of the river, with good service and reasonable prices. This is a large place that sprawls along the river offering views of the I-5 bridge, interesting boats going by, plus glowing sunsets over the Columbia River. There's a comfortable feel to the place, even with the older decor. You can take a short walk along the river to Joe's Crab Shack and a good Mexican restaurant where they offer outside dining. Give it a try!

4 Thank lakedog

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oregon
Reviewed June 19, 2005

Stayed at this hotel recently. Had a great view of the river. The room was very comfortable and clean, with a refrigerator, microwave and desk. The bathroom had great lighting. There was a sink inside the bathroom by the toilet and shower and then outside there was another sink with good lighting and also a coffee pot. (nice, since more than one person can be curling their hair, etc) Good mirrored closet with plenty of hangers. 6 pillows on the extremely comfortable king size bed. Decor was good. No smoke-smell in room or in hall ways. USA paper available in lobby. The check-in staff were extremely friendly and effiecient. The maids were hard-working and quiet. The laundry worker was developmentally disabled. (I always like it when I see businesses giving jobs to these individuals)

Only draw-backs: lobby somewhat dark, & I didn't see an elevator to reach the 2nd story (although there may have been one.)

Restaurant on premises: excellent for breakfast with a great view! (try the blueberry muffins)

I would definitely stay here again! The price was great and it was a pretty easy on/off for I-5 freeway

• Stayed June 2005
7 Thank ValidPassport
whiterock british columbia
Reviewed December 28, 2004

I've stayed at the Red Lion at the Quay a number of times, primarily because the rooms are cheap via Hotwire. The hotel is worn and smells third rate. The last time I checked in late one evening, I saw only the top of the receptionist's head. She then looked up, and, lo and behold, she had a mouth full of spaghetti, some of which was in danger of getting away. She composed herself and, indifferently, checked me in. That night, around 2, the hallway was loud with screams of "I'm YOUR girlfriend! I'm YOUR girlfriend!" Just before what sounded like the police taking her, and others in her party, away to other accommodations.
If you indicate Jantzen Beach/Southwest Washington on Hotwire, three star category, you have a chance of getting the Doubletree at Jantzen Beach, which is a good property for a good price. If you "lose" and get the Red Lion at the Quay, bring your party gear!

6 Thank fastasflight
Willamette Valley, Oregon
Reviewed November 21, 2004

I thought my room and the hotel were just fine, especially for the price I paid. This isn't a luxury hotel, but I feel I got my money's worth. My room was good sized -- it included a small refrigerator, microwave, high-speed internet and coffee service. I had one queen size bed which was firm and comfortable, with good, newer linens and six pillows! Although the hall outside did smell like smoke, my room had no residual smoke or musty smell and was very clean. The restaurant serves a good breakfast with a nice view. I would stay here again If I got another good deal significantly under the rack rate.

3 Thank ESNODs
Reviewed October 20, 2004

Me and my family stayed there this last Labor Day weekend (2004). It was the most disgusting hotel ever. The floor wasnt even level. We had less than clean bedding, no amenities, small TV, No room service, tiny outdoor pool, no hot tub.........etc.

It was listed as a 3 star through HOTWIRE....are you kidding me? Maybe a 1/2 star at the most, just because the roof didnt leak.

I will never stay at a RED LION hotel again.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 6, 2004

When I called for the reservation I asked if the river view or the pool view was better since both were available. The girl on the phone said the pool view was better. I thought "great!" so booked the room. When we arrived to our room we had a beautiful view of a cement building and trees! I called to change rooms and of course none were availble. The staff was friendly and the brunch was fantastic but the view ******! It wouldn't have bothered me so much if we had a view of the pool as specified.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 27, 2003

We stayed there for one night, we didn't have HOT WATER. We were to have a NON-SMOKING ROOM, and it smelled of smoke. We were to have transportation from the Portland Airport and ended up having to get a Taxi. Had a coffee pot, but no coffee, we had one cup and one glass.
The employee's were rude.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
Hilton Vancouver Washington
Heathman Lodge
Heathman Lodge
#2 of 29 in Vancouver
Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach

Been to Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay? Share your experiences!