“Dissapointed with room view”

and 1 more site!
Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
A TripAdvisor Member
“Dissapointed with room view”
Reviewed September 6, 2004

When I called for the reservation I asked if the river view or the pool view was better since both were available. The girl on the phone said the pool view was better. I thought "great!" so booked the room. When we arrived to our room we had a beautiful view of a cement building and trees! I called to change rooms and of course none were availble. The staff was friendly and the brunch was fantastic but the view ******! It wouldn't have bothered me so much if we had a view of the pool as specified.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed November 27, 2003

We stayed there for one night, we didn't have HOT WATER. We were to have a NON-SMOKING ROOM, and it smelled of smoke. We were to have transportation from the Portland Airport and ended up having to get a Taxi. Had a coffee pot, but no coffee, we had one cup and one glass.
The employee's were rude.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 17, 2003

I reallyl like the rooms, the staff, the food, and the view. It is really clean and you get right in and right out. Hard to beat that!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 6, 2003

While in Vancouver for my Grandmother's funeral my husband, 11 month old son and I stayed three nights at the Red Lion Inn at the Quay and it was disappointing. We pre-paid the reservation through priceline. The room was not very big but it was alright, except for the ants. They were small black ants and we didn't see them until the second night we were there. I contacted the front desk the next day and they said they remembered that a work order had recently been put in for that problem. They said they would send somebody to our room. They sent a man who brought a pesticide to spray them with. Although he was confident that it was safe to spray, I told him that I didn't feel comfortable with that plan because of my 11 month old son. He had me go so far as to read the label of the pesticide which convinced me that it was not safe. The hotel offered no other solution. They did not offer to move us, nor did they apologize. I felt it was very tacky for them to put us into a room knowing there was a problem with it. They did nothing at all to compensate us. We will never stay there again!

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 19, 2003

My wife, daughter and I stayed at the Red Lion again this year while attending the Portland Dog Shows in January, as we always do.

The hotel staff is great with the dogs, and the hotel is very dog friendly.

The convenient location and freeway access makes it the very best spot to stay.

The rooms are clean, the housekeeping staff is efficient and quick. The restaurant has the very best Sunday brunch around.

The staff was very accomodating to us when we decided not to stay another night, and did not charge us even though it was several hours after check-out.

I will be staying at the Red Lion next month when I attend a business convention at another hotel, rather than stay at the hotel at which the convention is being held. I like the Red Lion that much.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
Hilton Vancouver Washington
Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver
Red Lion Hotel on the River
Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland
Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach
Heathman Lodge
Heathman Lodge
#2 of 29 in Vancouver

Been to Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay? Share your experiences!