Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay
$163
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$102
La Quinta Inn & Suites Vancouver(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$84
Quality Inn & Suites Vancouver North(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$85
$169
Travelocity
$102
$85
BestWestern.com
$103
$93
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed at the Red Lion Inn at the Quay in Vancouver, WA over the Memorial Day Weekend.
Disappointing to say the least.
As with other Red Lion Properties, this one shows it's age although the Location is great-Right on the Columbia River.
Grounds around the area/Hotel full of either Garbage and mostly Leaves & misc.
This location had a feel like the owners/managers have given up and are awaiting perhaps the State of Oregon or Washington to Purchase the Property to build the eventual new I-5 Bridge over the River.
What's truly disappointing is the Rate you pay and receive no perks nor 'basics' as with a similar priced Hotel/Motel. No in Room Coffee Maker, shabby Room Conditions, etc...etc.
I typically stay at another Popular Chain Hotel and really wish I would have made that selection instead of giving Red Lion one last chance.
I 'Used to be' a loyal Guest at RL...now I have no choice but to return to another Chain that really understands how to take care of their loyal Guests...

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at this Red Lion in early May for a meeting of a car owners club in Portland. I was greeted warmly by Keena at check in, and everything was great. She told me about features of the hotel, and was informative and friendly. I found that the facility was clean, up to date, and very nice. The room was clean and neat, but there was only one minor problem and that was the only coffee for the coffee maker was decaf. Not a big problem, just seemed odd. Had a couple of drinks in the bar and found the service to be very good, did not know that they closed at 10PM on a Thursday, but no big deal, it was a quiet night and only three or four people in the bar, so it made sense. As for the noise from the airport, I had no problem with it, only heard a couple of planes after I got up in the morning. The room was a little on the small side, but traveling solo it was not an issue at all. The room was great, bedding was clean, could walk on the floor in white socks and not find them gray from dirty carpet. Cannot comment on the dining as I did not eat there, but the menu looked good, and the prices seemed reasonable.

All in all it was a good stay and will stay there again, and would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank speedracer05
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Been here before. Hotel is little dated but pretty solid three star. However having been in three different hotels last week staying here reminds me of value of other chain hotels that have more amenities. Went to lobby here and no coffee or tea and no complimentary anything to eat. I did get good price online via bidding site and I recommend that. The fitness center here is good and rooms are large and clean. True to the adage you get what you pay for this Red Lion is good value but don't expect four star service or amenities.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Had an employee meeting at "the Quay" and had a super experience. From check-in to check-out and throughout the meeting, our party was served well. Consider this property on your next stay in Vancouver.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This year's Tiki Kon is going to be at this hotel, but since we can't go, we stayed last night.

It's pretty obvious that this is not a new property. There are various signs of age all over. Nothing terrible, but still there. A little more concentration on repairing the minor issues that I saw would go a long way to preventing the larger ones that they can cause.

Since we were staying on a whim, we certainly didn't get the best room in the house. In fact, it almost felt like that room was designed when someone realized there was a bit of un-used floor space. So, while it was a bit cramped, it was comfortable.

I do wish that there was a second chair. Sitting on the bed, watching tv was not comfortable. Considering the size of the room, I would remove the second bed by the window, and replace it with a loveseat and a coffee table. It would be a huge improvement.

The room was clean, smelled clean, and was quiet. Slept like a baby, I did.

Every member of the staff that we talked to could not have been nicer. The guy at the front desk when we checked in last night was also there when we left this morning. He was a delight. The two ladies from housekeeping that we chatted with were very nice. And the waitress in the restaurant this morning was a hoot.

The property felt like it was once a tiki-themed hotel, but I can't be certain. It certainly looks it.

The ship design of the restaurant/bar is worth the trip by itself.

I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple