“Great deal”

Comfort Suites Vancouver
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Got a discount deal for this hotel. Hotel is in a great location. Rooms are clean and very nice.It has an indoor pool which pleased the children.Breakfast was wonderful...sausage, eggs and lots of breads and pastries. Staff were friendly.Beds were very comfortable. Near the mall and lots of restaurants. I would definitely stay there again. Great service!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesVanMall, General Manager at Comfort Suites Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Donkeypig123,

Thank you for writing a review! I'm pleased to hear you and yours enjoyed some of our many attractions: Location, Pool & Spa, Beds, Breakfast, staff, and more! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I come to the Vancouver area at least once a year, but I always stay in these Comfort Suites. This is close to the Portland International Airport (about 12 -15 mins. driving and they offer a shuttle from 4 am - 12 midnight). Also, they are in a great location - beside Westfield Vancouver Mall. I don't shop at the mall, but having so many restaurants close by is great. Also, the hotel can get you on and off I-205 fast and easy.

Besides location, the rooms are wonderful - always clean and fresh. I have to admit one of the reasons I really like this hotel is because of their very comfortable beds and the warmest comforters I have had on the road. (Pillows are still choicehotel regular - not all that great, but doable.) The rooms are suites and have plasma tv, micro and fridge, and usually a sitting area. The front desk staff is absolutely wonderful. Tied with my another favorite hotel - Sleep Inn in Charleston. Not a lot of turnoff and they remember your name. Example: I needed to put some letters in the mail, and asked the front desk. She said, I'll take the mail for you and put in the mailbox outside. I already had my coat on and would have to go by the mailbox, but she never thought once to handle it herself. (I put the mail in the box, but was genuinely delighted by such a great attitude.)

Oh, and the fireplace in the lobby. It is a place to gather. Good food in the morning - hot and cold. A computer and a printer available. Oh, no elevator to second floor, so I stay on the first. If the sound of traffic gets to you, might not be the best place. Is pet friendly and a space out back to walk the dog.

Room Tip: Want less traffic sounds - get the even numbered rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Ms. Sheila8,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write such a kind review about your recent stay at our property. We take pride in our pillow top beds and are pleased to hear you enjoyed them while staying snuggled up under our comfortably warm comforters! As always, it's a pleasure having you stay with us, and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 17, 2012

We booked a room here using a deal purchased from a third-party vendor. The deal included a night here, transportation to/from the Portland Airport and 7 days of free parking.

This place was absolutely fantastic for the money. The rooms seemed fresh and recently remodeled. Everything was extremely clean.

The front desk ladies were very friendly and helpful as were the men running the airport shuttle. It was super easy to make arrangements for them to pick us up from the airport when we arrived home after our flight. They instructed us to call them when we landed and told us they would meet us at Island Two in 15 minutes. Easy, peasy. No problems at all!

Free breakfast was included. It was your basic hotel "hot breakfast" with scrambled eggs, bread products and waffles (if I remember correctly). There was also fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt and several beverage choices.

Nice place, nice people, nice service, nice price. What more could you want!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
ryan97, General Manager at Comfort Suites Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

CYork,

I appreciate your kind words about our property, staff, and services we provide. I'm glad to see that every aspect of your stay from the room, staff, and Park and Fly went well. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for your reveiw!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed a week it was great it was clean nice staff cozy nice beds and rooms best bkfast.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Serina W.,

I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of our property. I'm happy to see you enjoyed our staff, beds, and breakfast. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 27, 2011

No look further if you are looking for a place to stay that's very nice and conveniently located at a fantastic rate! This is by far the best Comfort Suites that I have stayed in. Very spacious, clean, comfortable, and has all the amenities that you can think of!! I truly appreciate that they offer free wi-fi that actually works!! I simply loved it and will return next time I am in the area w/out thinking twice.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ariadne R
ryan97, General Manager at Comfort Suites Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Ariadne R,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words about our property. I'm glad to see you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel, including the WiFi. We look forward to your next stay!

Thanks,

Reviewed August 13, 2011

We spent the night on the way south to Ashland, Or for the Shakespeare Festival. We were looking for a quick “in and out” stay in a hotel with a reasonable reputation, free wifi & breakfast, and a good price. We found all this and more at this Comfort Suites; not to be confused with the Comfort Inn & Suites in downtown Vancouver.

Once we were sure we had the correct hotel, booking on-line was easy. The hotel's website is up to date, very informative, with lots of pictures. We arrived late in the afternoon. Lots of parking next to the two story hotel. Checking in was a very pleasant. The staff was informative and personable, always a plus. Our room was on the first floor. Noisy at first, but everything settled down before well before 10 PM. The room was average in size, the sleeping area was filled by our two queen sized beds. The beds were comfortable with pillow top mattresses.

An area for a couch was separated from the beds by a half wall. The room had a small fridge, a microwave oven, a desk, lamp and, yes, free high speed wifi. Electrical outlets were sufficient and conveniently placed. The bathroom was also average in size. Overall the room was very clean, but smell strongly of carpet cleaning fluid.

The hotel does have a heated indoor pool and a workout facility, which we did not have the time to enjoy on this trip. Pets are accommodated for a fee. We had caught breakfast in the morning. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, link sausages and make-your-own waffles, in addition to standard fare. Checkout was easy and quick.

We enjoyed our short stay. The Comfort Suites was a reasonable compromise offering a good price and suite of accoutrements.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank chriskca
ryan97, General Manager at Comfort Suites Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Chriskca,

Thank you for you taking the time to post a review on our property! I'm glad to see you enjoyed your short stay. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional accomodations for an affordable price, complimented by personal service that exceeds expectations. I appreciate your willingness to share all aspects of our property with others. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Thanks,

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed here for one night under the park and ride package. What a great deal!!! One (cheap) flat price for a nights stay, parking, breakfast, and a ride to the Portland airport. You can't beat this! This will be my go-to park&ride hotel! We had a ground floor room. it was super clean, VERY comfy bed. Very nice staff both at check-in and for our very early morning departure. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I called the hotel directly. but check online too
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
ryan97, General Manager at Comfort Suites Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Kaylacat,

I appreciate your kind words about our hotel and services we provide. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! Our Park and Fly package is a great deal and I very much appreciate you helping us get the word out. I hope you enjoyed your vacation in Maui! We hope to see you again soon!