“Great Property!!”

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
San Diego, California, United States
“Great Property!!”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

No look further if you are looking for a place to stay that's very nice and conveniently located at a fantastic rate! This is by far the best Comfort Suites that I have stayed in. Very spacious, clean, comfortable, and has all the amenities that you can think of!! I truly appreciate that they offer free wi-fi that actually works!! I simply loved it and will return next time I am in the area w/out thinking twice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ariadne R
ryan97, General Manager at Comfort Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Ariadne R,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words about our property. I'm glad to see you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel, including the WiFi. We look forward to your next stay!

Thanks,

Ryan Ferguson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We spent the night on the way south to Ashland, Or for the Shakespeare Festival. We were looking for a quick “in and out” stay in a hotel with a reasonable reputation, free wifi & breakfast, and a good price. We found all this and more at this Comfort Suites; not to be confused with the Comfort Inn & Suites in downtown Vancouver.

Once we were sure we had the correct hotel, booking on-line was easy. The hotel's website is up to date, very informative, with lots of pictures. We arrived late in the afternoon. Lots of parking next to the two story hotel. Checking in was a very pleasant. The staff was informative and personable, always a plus. Our room was on the first floor. Noisy at first, but everything settled down before well before 10 PM. The room was average in size, the sleeping area was filled by our two queen sized beds. The beds were comfortable with pillow top mattresses.

An area for a couch was separated from the beds by a half wall. The room had a small fridge, a microwave oven, a desk, lamp and, yes, free high speed wifi. Electrical outlets were sufficient and conveniently placed. The bathroom was also average in size. Overall the room was very clean, but smell strongly of carpet cleaning fluid.

The hotel does have a heated indoor pool and a workout facility, which we did not have the time to enjoy on this trip. Pets are accommodated for a fee. We had caught breakfast in the morning. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, link sausages and make-your-own waffles, in addition to standard fare. Checkout was easy and quick.

We enjoyed our short stay. The Comfort Suites was a reasonable compromise offering a good price and suite of accoutrements.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank chriskca
ryan97, General Manager at Comfort Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Chriskca,

Thank you for you taking the time to post a review on our property! I'm glad to see you enjoyed your short stay. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional accomodations for an affordable price, complimented by personal service that exceeds expectations. I appreciate your willingness to share all aspects of our property with others. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Thanks,

Ryan Ferguson
Aberdeen, WA
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed here for one night under the park and ride package. What a great deal!!! One (cheap) flat price for a nights stay, parking, breakfast, and a ride to the Portland airport. You can't beat this! This will be my go-to park&ride hotel! We had a ground floor room. it was super clean, VERY comfy bed. Very nice staff both at check-in and for our very early morning departure. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I called the hotel directly. but check online too
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
ryan97, General Manager at Comfort Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Kaylacat,

I appreciate your kind words about our hotel and services we provide. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! Our Park and Fly package is a great deal and I very much appreciate you helping us get the word out. I hope you enjoyed your vacation in Maui! We hope to see you again soon!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 5, 2011

This is is the one (401 East 13th Street) in downtown Vancouver. I think a lot of people are referencing the one a couple of miles away at the Vancouver Mall. I have stayed at both. The downtown one is a good value for the money but the one at 4714 N.E. 94th Ave. is even nicer. Very nice room and breakfasts are better. There is an inside jacuzzi and pool. Also the people were very helpful & nice. I believe they are having an issue with car theft in the area around the Mall like people mentioned in some of the other reviews, as I saw some articles in the paper about it, and they had installed a sort of volunteer watchtower at the other end of the mall, however I did not have any issue with my rental car. Maybe the hotel increased security since the other people stayed there. I also used the wireless network from my room and it worked fine for getting some work done.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marie9999
Battle Ground, WA
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Like said above, nice hotel, great staff and located right beside Vancouver Mall. Don't stay there if you value the contents of your vehicle though! My vehicle was broken into during our stay during July 2010, they took everything, even my cell phone charging cord! While I was waiting on the local law enforcement to arrive another guest from the hotel approached me and informed me that someone had tried to break into his vehicle two days before, unsuccesful but damaged the door to his vehicle badly enough to warrant a repair trip the the ford dealer. He then introduced me to a lady that was moving cross country with her two young kids that had most of her belongings in her mini van and they broke in a took everything including her clothes during that same week. Upon arrival the local Officer told me that in her experience that area of hotels beside Van Mall was averaging 3 hits a week by car thieves. I don't recommend staying there unless you drive an emptied out, beat up hulk of a car that has nothing of value in or around it.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Gregward
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I stayed here July 1-3, and I enjoyed my stay. My second floor suite was very spacious with a comfortable sofa in the sitting area separated from the bedroom with a low partition. The room was very clean, and it is a non-smoking hotel so everything smelled fresh and clean. Breakfast was better than expected - scrambled eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy in addition to the usual waffles, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. The wi-fi reception was excellent. The bed was very comfortable, and I slept quite soundly. Parking is free, and it is located close to the freeway and across the street from a large shopping mall. It is very reasonably priced with lots of free parking.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
San Jose
Reviewed May 31, 2010

When we first arrived, the room they were going to put us in had obviously been a smoking room at one point. The door handle to the outside was broken and we had to prop it open with a rock. When we asked for another room that was genuinely "non-smoking" we were told it was going to be another hour, as there had been a rowing team filling the hotel the previous night and the staff was still cleaning up after them. When we did get our room, it was perfectly acceptable and clean. The pool and jacuzzi were too cloudy to go in, perhaps due to the rowing team? We had our Lab with us, and the room was near an exterior door which made it easy to take him out. Breakfast in the lobby was good - waffles, etc. Very nice staff.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple