“Shabby and Cheap”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed May 18, 2010

That says everything you need to know.

It's located essentially on a freeway frontage road (weird Wash. exit) in a sketchy kind of light industrial area. The room smelled somewhat and everything from the carpet to the lights was shabby. Even the pens weren't up to the usual standards of the Quality Inn (choice hotel) franchises.

It was cheap. We stay in the area frequently and won't be back despite the price.

A lot of BNSF employees stay there apparently.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 23, 2009

My review is based on a 5 night stay. My room was very large and clean (some rooms have patios and balconies) and had a kitchen including a nearly full sized refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and stove (you must ask for utensils at the front desk). Pets are accepted and there is plenty of room to walk you dog on the grounds, which were well kept. There is also free Wi-Fi. When I checked in the clerk told me the reception in my room wasn't great, but gave me a cable to use. There is also a computer (and printer) with internet access in the lobby. I used that several times and there was never a wait and there was no charge to use the printer.
I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank JaneDough76
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Very Old Motel smelled of mildew and paint. Not our expected standards for Choice Hotels

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2009

The night auditor working the evening of 08/14/09 was perhaps the rudest person i have EVER encountered in a "customer service" position. I work in the hotel industry, i'm sensitive to the job duties and having to deal with people all day. But the way I was treated was a pathetic excuse for the "hospitality" industry. When I walked in he was sitting down in the corner, on his cell phone. He even told whomever he was speaking with "ugh i'll have to call you back this damn lady needs something now". Awful awful awful.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank alohamiamor
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We found this hotel to be convenient, clean, friendly and reasonable. We had a spacious room with a full kitchen. Quiet area and enjoyed the visit staying 2 nights.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sauquoitr
Reviewed November 5, 2008

I really like this place.

I got such a deal on a week stay. It was quiet and I felt secure. Given the price I realize it was not a 5 star but it was as good as others while I saved 20-50 a night.

The front desk and housekeeping staff were nice and it was great to always have coffee available as well as enjoy a little something for breakfast.

Don't let the Vancouver location put you off - it is easy to get to Hi-5 and within minutes of Portland (on a good traffic day).

I will be back soon.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TripLightFantastic
Reviewed October 13, 2008

Staff were professional, courteous, and friendly. We had our dog with us and this hotel was dog friendly!! They had a big field for our dog to to run a little and do his business. It was very pleasant experience and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Bryan168