Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Williston
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Everything about this hotel was awful. The rooms were dark, uncomfortable, out dated and dirty. They smelled funny and I didn't want to walk on the carpet with out shoes. It was super noisy. And we had no hot water. For two days. And we complained several times, especially since we were having to bathe our kids. At 11:30 on our last night there, with two kids sleeping, the staff finally offered to give us a different room. Upon check out, I voiced how unhappy we were and were offered a 10% discount which was maybe $20. It was awful. Don't even go near the restaurant. Took over 45 minutes to get our breakfast and we watched the staff sit and talk, not doing anything. And our food was cold. But we couldn't send it back, because our server disappeared after throwing the food on the table. This was AWFUL! We only stayed here because we thought the pool would be nice with the kids. It wasn't. Apparently the heater on the pool, like the hot water heater, wasn't working. It was freezing. Spend the extra 10 bucks and stay somewhere else. Wish we would've.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachel C
Tom R, General Manager at Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2015

Dear Hollie,

I am sorry for any inconvenience you encountered as with your registration card upon check in, you signed and acknowledged a $250 deposit as is standard in Williston and with any/all Hotels, I have talked to the Front desk personnel to ensure it is echoed prior to check in, in regards to deposits.

You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business as we continue to renovate, once again I am very sorry for any inconvenience you encountered.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My family and I stay here every year for Christmas (this was our 10th year). Reserved the room that we had had the previous years which is a POOL SIDE SUITE. We always reserve the same room a year in advance, yes I know they have new owners, again, but my reservation and confirmation number were still valid the beginning of December when I called to verify. When I get there to check in (which is 3pm) I am told that the the room I had reserved is NO longer available as they had put someone in there the night before and they were staying another night. Really? I had reservations for this particular room. So I agree to take another pool side room (which the lady at the front desk tells me have all been recently remodeled). So I think it is going to be a nice room. NOT! As you can see by the pictures, our room was not recently remodeled and was in bad shape. I went down to talk to the lady at the front desk and she offered me a $25 discount. I will NOT be spending another Christmas at this hotel with my family.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JrBzMom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Spent one night on business. Tile missing above tub in bathroom. Had poolside room that reeked of chlorine, when I went to turn on fan in the room, the batteries were dead in the thermostat. Luckily, I had some spare batteries with me. Toilet not secured. It rocked back and forth when seated. I went to lounge and asked waitress for a glass of Cabernet. She didn't know what it was (Is that wine?). Very bad maintenance. Very dingy rooms and hard , hard beds. Better to try another hotel. They charged $169.00 for a room that wasn't worth $49. Stained carpets.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bach_Minnesota
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I recently had a birthday party in the hotel and it was some of the best staff I have experienced. They bent over backwards to accomodate every need. We also rented some rooms that night and they have done amazing with the renovations since the new management took over. I would recommend this hotel to anybody!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Jeni W, Director of Sales at Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thanks so much for your comments Julie! We enjoyed having your event here and hope to host more of your special events in the future!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The hotel is old but it is clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. Good food in the bar and lounge. Played pool and watched the football games....they have like 10 TV,s with all different games on. Bartenders are really friendly and fun and you can play 25 dollar Blackjack at a table in the corner.

Liked the hot tubs in the pool and the Sunday brunch. I would stay again and it will be a lot better when the rooms get new carpeting and a makeover. Pizza in room service is good too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Chef Aaron has done great things with our menus and the RJs Pizza and we hope you return in the future to enjoy more of his daily specials. We are glad to hear that the customer service you received was exceptional and that your overall experience at the property was positive. We look forward to seeing you again soon and please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything at all we can do to assist you with your future travel needs.

(701)774-0241

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had the chance to stay here recently for a business trip and the hotel was nice enough. The staff was friendly and accomodating whenever I needed something. I will say that the food was outstanding however! I stayed through the weekend and had an opportunity to visit their breakfast buffet on Sunday and would recommend it to any family or friend in the area. It was nice to not have to leave the hotel for anything because it was really cold outside. I would stay again.

Hi Jay,

Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad that you enjoyed the food at the property and you had a good experience here at the Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center! We hope you return in the near future and look forward to assisting with any of your future travel needs in the Williston Basin Area!

(701) 774-0241

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have had the opportunity recently to try out the new Chef's Table and I must say all aspects of the meal was wonderful, the food was great. AAA+ to the Chef. I have also booked rooms their for one of my employee's recently he said he liked his room and the service and enjoyed the food. I do believe they are trying to make some very good and needed changes.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review. We have been working very hard to make positive changes for our guests and the community since our new ownership and management company took over and we are so glad that you are noticing these changes. We look forward to continuing to better the property and hope you continue to join us in the restaurant, lounge and for special events at the hotel! Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything we can assist you with or if you would like to join us for a future Chef's Table!

(701) 774-0241