“Another birth from the Bakken...”

Doc Holliday's Roadhouse Bar and Grill
Ranked #13 of 68 Restaurants in Williston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I've been to Doc's a few times (mainly because I was meeting people there), and I thought it time to finally write a review. The location used to be Trappers Kettle restaurant, and the new owners have transformed the place into a rustic, new western themed bar/restaurant. I think they've done a pretty good job with the remodel, and they have outdoor seating for those rare warm Summer days/nights. They do have some booths, and larger tables in the front of the restaurant which is suitable for families... and the back is dedicated to the bar area with barrels for tables.

The menu is limited, with the typical local fare: Burgers, chicken sandwiches, steak, sliders, a couple of salad choices, etc. The food is average, definitely nothing to rave about (the fries are good!). You'll struggle to find a healthy choice. The value is poor. Very $$ for what you get.

We've had one good server, the rest of them were so so. The female servers definitely have a rough girl type of edge to them. Not sure if they are trying to look/act rough to be in character of the western theme, or if they actually are that crass naturally. Nonetheless, the 'tough' girl attitude is all over Williston, so not surprising.

This place will fill your belly, but won't leave you with a good taste in your mouth or make you smile with memories.

2  Thank Loving U

Reviewed April 15, 2014

They did a good job remodeling the place from previous. Food isn't anything spectacular. Not our choice of places to go.

1  Thank Joel W
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had steak and the fixings. It wasnt bad. The steak was a little tough but we made it thru. Everything else was good though.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

good food service was great and everyone was friendly. I was suprised by the limited menue but what we ate was fantastic!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I ate here yesterday. The service was ok, but our food was average to below average. I'm glad we tried it, but only to discover that we won't need to go here again. We ordered the fish tacos for an app. They were ok, but nothing more. When I ordered the turkey burger, the waitress said it was wonderful, but the turkey burger from Hardee's had more flavor. My husband ordered the burrito, which actually is a wrap and not a burrito. He said it was very bland.