“Can't wait to stay again.”

Best Western Plus Williston Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Williston Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Williston
GreenLeadersGold level
“Can't wait to stay again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was my third stay in this hotel. The first stay was so pleasant that I keep coming back. No one is "just" a guest here. The ladies at the front desk are so friendly that its not uncommon at all to see guests in the Lobby relaxing with a cup of coffee, watching TV and enjoying a nice chat.

Heidi, at the desk has gone out of her way time and time again to accommodate any needs I may have, including a late check out on this, my last visit. I cannot say enough of the Housekeeping Department who do such a great job that they are in and out of the room quickly, never taking short cuts leaving any mess also responding to whatever needs you may call down to the front desk with. The breakfast provided each morning has a surprising variety to offer that keeps the dining area full all morning.

This hotel is very well kept from the outside grounds and throughout the hotel to include the Laundry Room for guests equipped with brand new machines and stocked with detergent. No need to run to the store which is conveniently located next door. The location of the hotel is in the heart of town, close to restaurants and shopping.

The entire staff is great and I'm looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed May 2013
Heidy V, Manager at Best Western Plus Williston Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
KarenKRA,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and staff! We really do become attached to our guests, whether they're in for a few days or whether they come back to us again and again. And with great guests like yourself, coming to the property is more like coming to see friends than coming to work!

Here's to any and all future stays being just as positive as your past stays!
We hope to see you soon,

Heidy Vogt
Assistant General Manager
701.572.8800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is probably one of the nicest Best Westerns I've stayed in, which surprised me because it's Williston, North Dakota. Their pillows are awesome, and I'm a bit of a pillow snob. The girls at check in were super friendly and in the morning the breakfast lady made me a killer breakfast burrito with real bacon, not the microwavable fake stuff.

The price is a bit high, but actually for a nice room in williston, I paid less than what some of the other hotels wanted. It would have been nice if the pool had been open, but that's not really a huge deal to me. It's also right across from Walmart, and in Williston that's pretty much the only place to get anything.

I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The king rooms are surprisingly roomy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tony Caruso,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
From one pillow snob to the next, our pillows are made with a hearty amount of awesome and a hefty dash of fantastic. We love them and are glad you do too!

I'll pass along the burrito rave to our Breakfast Manager, Koody. We serve only what we'd eat ourselves, so no fake stuff here.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and we hope to see you next time you visit Williston!

Heidy Vogt
Assistant General Manager
701.572.8800
Rangely co
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I booked this hotel 2 months ahead of time. Asked the people at the 1800# if there was a pool. They said yes, and I was willing to pay $189-$169 a night just for that reason. About a week befor the trip I got onto the hotel website and they said pool closed till further notice. I called the hotel to find out when it would be fixed. They said UMMM not sure its still being built. Why did the reservation desk say you had a pool when you clearly dont have one? I canceled my reservation and booked at a just as nice hotel for $108 a night!!! Yes! $108 a night!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chrissy E, Manager at Best Western Plus Williston Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
K R,

I am sorry for the confusion that took place during your reservation process. Unfortunately, our pool is currently under construction, but will be opening soon. This information has been poste don all online booking sites and should have been noticed by the agent who booked your reservation through the 1-800 number. I am sorry that the information that was given to you was misleading. Please feel free to contact me directly at the property and I would be more than happy to arrange for some kind of compensation on a future stay to remedy the issue with your previous booking.

Again I apologize that this experience fell short of your expectations. Please allow us another chance to change your mind about our property. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and tell us about your experience. I hope to see you in the future!

701-572-8800

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

They charged me $150 and said I smoked in the room. I am not a smoker and never have been. I stayed 3 nights and the room had a faint smell of smoke when I checked in but did not give it a thought. Three days after I check out there is a $150 charge on my bill. No call or e-mail from the hotel. They really stuck it to me. I will never stay there again!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Chrissy E, Manager at Best Western Plus Williston Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Ken C,

Thank you for writing a review for our property. I am more than happy to look into the smoking issue that you mentioned above. We take our damage charges very seriously, and resort to damage charges only when absolutely necessary.

In order to ensure that we are providing the best quality product for each and every one of our guests, we have certain policies (including our non-smoking policy) in place. At check in, all guests initial our non-smoking policy, which clearly explains that the hotel is authorized to charge a guest up to $250.00 if a room is smoked in. The reason for this is the extensive cleaning and attention that the room needs to reverse the damage that is done.

If at any time you check into any room at any hotel, and you sense a cigarette smell, contact the front desk immediately. As far as I am aware, all hotels will hold guests financially responsible for smoking in a non-smoking room, and you should not be held responsible for this if you were not at fault.

I encourage you to contact me directly at 701-572-8800 so that I can look further into the charges. Again, we take these situations very seriously and I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Thanks again,

Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on business in Williston. The hotel is brand new and very clean. It's far enough off the highway to be fairly quiet. I like the decor, but all the lights in the room are that stark white fluorescent/LED type and have no "warmth" to them. I personally prefer softer incandescent lights. But that's a minor detail in the over scheme of things. I stayed on the 4th floor (top floor) and had a double queen bed room that also has a kitchenette with 2-burner cook top, sink, dishwasher, microwave, fridge, dishes, and utensils (Wal-Mart is right next door if you want to get groceries and make your own melas). It has a 40"+ TV mounted on the wall. The room has 10-foot ceilings, which give it a larger feel. The cabinetry and trim is dark wood, and the flooring in the first half of the room is vinyl with a hardwood look to it, and the bed area is carpeted. A nice touch are the individual LED reading lights on each side of the bed.
One very strange part of the room is the "desk". It's at counter top height, and the chair can't raise up high enough to use it as a desk. It either needs to be lowered, or higher chairs need to be brought in.
The hot breakfast is typical of this type of hotel. Eggs, sausage, bacon, cereals, breads, etc. The staff was friendly and the service great! We finished our job early, checked out at 4pm, and they didn't charge us for that night!! The hotel is a lot nicer than what I expected for a city that is in the middle of an oil boom with many industry workers on extended stays. Other hotels in Williston certainly show the wear and tear of the boom. I hope this one can stay clean.
Will definitely be staying there again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mtpiper
Chrissy E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Williston Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Mtpiper,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us; we enjoyed hosting you! I am glad that you were able to enjoy every aspect of our property, right down to the fine details. Our property was built and designed with our guest in mind!

In response to your late check out: we know how plans can change last minute. We appreciate your business, and will do what it takes to give our guests the treatment that we would expect from a hotel like ours. We try to be fair when it comes to last minute changes in plans, and I am glad that this worked out for you.

Thanks again for your time and your choosing us. We know that there are plenty of options out there for lodging accomodations. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip our way! Be sure to contact us directly so that we can be sure that you get the best rate possible. See you soon!

Safe travels,

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed 5 days while I scoped out oil field support opportunities. Will be staying here often. Would recommend this hotel for business or family trips. Had my bride and 6 month old baby with me. It was great.

Room Tip: Choose a north room to reduce noise from Walmart.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chrissy E, Manager at Best Western Plus Williston Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Charles,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property. We very much enjoyed having your family stay with us! I am very pleased that you were more than happy with all that our hotel has to offer, and your compliments will definitely be heard by all of our staff members!

Your continued trust in our property, staff, and our brand is important to us, and we will do what it takes to maintain these items so that you can expect the same experience every time you come to visit us. Our guests are becoming like family and I am so happy that you are now a part of this.

We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Safe Travels,

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Came here for a weekend... not a five star but very nice... clean cozy rooms and comfy bed!!! ;-). The staff was very helpful and accommodating... loved the breakfast lady she was funny and she remembered I don't eat Pork... Lol!!! Will stay again!!! Thank You BWP Williston Family!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chrissy E, Manager at Best Western Plus Williston Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Trinivy23,

Your review made me smile! I showed Koody (our breakfast attendant) and she remembered you! It is because of guests like you that our staff enjoys their job so much. You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned the "BWP family" because this is the attitude that we work so hard to achieve. Our guests are becoming just like family!

I greatly appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed all that our property has to offer! It is our goal to provide a comfortable stay with all amenities that are promised, and for our guests' experience to be exactly as they expect and deserve.

Thank you for choosing us as your Williston hotel; we hope to see you again soon!