“Mothing negative”

Hampton Inn & Suites Williston
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Williston
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Good service, clean, comfortable, spacious room. Extensive free breakfast. I have stayed in a number of hotels over the past few years from Copenhagen to San Francisco and this is the first one with HD TV channels and lots of them!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Stigeo
Dana L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williston, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

We're happy you choose us for your stay in Williston! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.. All of us here at the Hampton strive to create the best experience for our guests, but sometimes the property and amenities speak for themselves the best!

Please let me know if I can assist you with any future stays you may have in Williston.

Dana Livings

Reviewed February 25, 2013

First off, this is Williston, ND. A location where a multitude of hotels have been contructed over a short period of time. I can say with certainty the this hotel was built without sacrificing any standards of quality. The hotel is clean throughout, non smoking and offers a comforting surrounding on entering. My suite was a third floor room and was certainly one of the best rooms I have been accomodated in at a Hampton. Having a fridge and microwave can be important when the outside conditions are not favorable of running out for a snack. The credenza work area is important to my line of work and the latest Hamton work space offerings are surpassed by no other. The hotel is a three to four minute drive from almost all local restaurants (there are not many) and located away from the traffic and noise to the north of the city. The staff at this hotel were not only friendly, they were very accomodating in a time of turbulent travel plans. Yes, this hotel has a less lenient cancellation or change policy and that is to be understood with the location and demand. While traveling to Williston poor weather diverted our aircarft which was going to result in a 24 hour delay. I contacted the Hampton in Williston directly and expected to follow the rules. I notified them I would be late arriving, still wanted to keep my resrvation and understood I needed to pay for my missed night. Not only did the staff accomodate reservation changes, they worked out a better rate, extended my stay and asked if any other guests were traveling with me. There were and they did the same for them. I go with the chain that provides the best customer service and accomodations. After other employees had similar issues in this area and were not treated as well I was by the Hampton staff, be cautious with the hotels you book your stay at in Williston. Others are not as generous as my coworkers have discovered.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank East_TN_Travelers

Thank you for your gracious review of our property! I am happy to hear your stay exceeded your expectations for this area. I take great pride in having on hand a curteous and professional staff to accomodate guests in all areas from housekeeping to front desk and everywhere in between!

I'm sorry to hear your travels plans did not go as smoothly, I'm glad we were able to accomodate you and your fellow travelmates. Plan can diviate course so quickly when it comes to weather and planes.

We hope to see you again soon! Please feel welcome to contact me personally or anyone of our front desk staff if you have any future visits to the Williston area.

Dana Livings

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Very nice hotel, yet it's barely 3 months old! I enjoyed my stay, but I checked in at 9pm and checked out the next morning by 8am. Not much time to really enjoy the hotel.

The Good: The free hot breakfast (buffet style) is awesome, as are the free breakfast to go bags. The rooms are clean and nice inside. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Really did an awesome job for us (Mlisa).

The Bad: Way, way, way overpriced. Yes all the hotels in Williston are taking advantage of the Williston housing market and charging top dollar for rooms, but $249-$299 for one night is ridiculous!! Second, they have no shuttle either to the Amtrak Train Station (2.3 miles away), nor to the airport (3-5 miles away). They claim insurance costs are too high. You are left to take a Taxi (as I did) or rent a car. That 2.3 miles cast me $12.50 and the hotel is not close to much.

If I go to Williston again, I will not be staying here unless some changes are made. Thank goodness more hotels are being built and should be ready next year. Then maybe this price gouging will stop.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Alan H
Dana L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williston, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

I appreciate you chosing us for your stay this December. We try very hard to maintain a clean and comfortable hotel for our guests.

The issues you raise are completely valid. We understand we are in the higher tier for rates in this area and try our best to cushion that with top of the line amenities and wonderful staff. As far as shuttle service is concerned we hope to have that available in the future but as of now, unfortunately it's not an available option.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, I'd be mroe than happy to talk with you!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Clean, comfortable, and the breakfast was wonderful. I wish I had gotten her name, but whoever the clerk was on the 22nd of October - was incredible. She started out our stay with such a welcome feel.

Great place to stay. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The suite was AWESOME. Fantastic area for working - a long bar with chairs and a TV at the end. Lo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Beejay is a wonderful front desk clerk for our property, I'm glad she made you feel so welcome at check in. We try very hard to make our hotel feel like your home away from home.

I hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel is brand new and furnished accordingly. Spacious, clean, and stylish, with a TV system better than most hotels. They lose a star for the breakfast service - I came down at about 8:30 on a Sunday and almost everything was out of stock. The food I was able to scrounge up was comparable to other Hamptons. Yes, rooms are expensive, but nothing comes cheap in Williston. This Place will be my first choice the next time I visit the oil patch.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for being our guest. I promise next time you are in town our breakfast won't disappoint! I'm sorry to hear that it wasn't up to our standards on your first visit. I've looked into the issue and made sure we continue to keep our breakfast buffet full and fresh all morning.

Please let me know if I can be of any service - whether it's for general questions about the area, making room reservations, or anything in between!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed two nights in the hotel for business. The price was extremely expensive (>$250 a night with taxes) but I needed lodging for work those nights. The breakfast was good and the rooms and common areas very clean. I don't know how long it had been open, but it appeared brand new.

Room Tip: The A/C had a thermostat control on the wall, which I don't prefer because I like to switch the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Dana L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williston, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

We enjoyed having you as our guest. Being a brand new hotel in Williston (we opened Aug 7, 2012), the staff works hard to keep the property in tip-top shape for our visitors.

With hotel rates being what they are in this area, I look for ways to bring value to our guests with our hot breakfast and other amenities. I don't want it to simply be a "place to sleep" for the night; I want you and all our guests to consider the Hampton a home away from home. There are very few requests that the front desk can't fulfill, I bet we could have even found a small fan for you to help you sleep better!

I'm happy to hear you were pleased with your stay and I hope you decide to visit us again. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice new hotel. The room was perfect- bedding was very comfortable, had abig screen tv, frig and microwave- couldn't ask for more. The service great- the staff was more than helpful. The training room was excellent and had everything we needed.
A great location and easy to access.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jan44324

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! It’s our goal to go above and beyond for every one of our guests every day. I’m glad to hear our Hampton staff and amenities met this expectation for you.

Being a new property in Williston we are trying hard to meet the demand for meeting space in this region. To hear you say the meeting room you utilized for training was “excellent” is wonderful motivation for us to continue to host meetings the best we know how!

Thank you for being our guest. We hope to see you again!