“How things have changed”
Review of MainStay Suites

MainStay Suites
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Williston
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in the past as a matter of fact in April and then again last week and the whole place has changed and Im sorry to say it wasnt for the best! From front desk to housekeeping! I always enjoyed my stays there but if Im going to be treated rudely and witness employees being treated rudely by the same front desk lady then I refuse to stay again, recommend, or leave a positive review. The lady's name is Danny (dani, dany) something like that. She may know her job to some extent but when it comes to communicating with employees it seems like she wants them to feel like they are less than her and wont even try to fake concern with issues from them or guests. It discusts me and it should discuss who ever owns or manages that hotel.
On somewhat of a positive note thebreakfast is amazing and the place is somewhat clean but nothing like it used to be. I dont even see most of the people I was in contact with on my last two stays so Im assuming they moved on the better employment and better treatment, I wouldcertainly hope so anyway. I hate to say it but I think this is going to be one of those hotels that people say "Oh it used to be so nice" Its a shame.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Joseph D, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept our sincerest apologies. We are very disappointed that your stay was anything less than perfect. We have since corrected the issues that you had encountered and would love the opportunity to show you. If you are in Williston again, please come see us.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I travel to Williston on a weekly basis for business, and have stayed/tried all the hotels in the area.
MainStay Suites and its staff is hands down the best hotel in the area.
Tuesday night managers reception is my favourite night , the hotel cooks a great meal and its nice relaxing evening to meet and mingle with fellow workers

All and all a nice comfortable place to stay with excellent service !!! Clean rooms, small kitchen with all the necesarry cook ware to cook meals with. Awesome breakfast in the mornings...
The hotel staff will do anything for me and are really helpful to make my stay as homely as possible
Thanks Danny and staff !!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy to know that your stay with us was great! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to the opportunity to accommodating you in the future.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Large rooms. Full size refrigerator and dishwasher in room. Friendly staff. Good service. Great breakfast with a good selection of food. We would stay here again. very clean. Lots of storage space for longer visits

• Stayed: June 2013
Joseph D, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you had a pleasant stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Williston.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I work on the road and need a place to stay that is adequate-i have a high threshold for tolerance. This hotel is the nicest place I've stay in the past decade. Front desk very helpful; staff accommodating on special requests; free dinner on Tuesdays!. See the other comments--they're right on point. Yes, it's a new facility, but the amenities exceed the others here in town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that you had a wonderful stay with us. We strive to make every guests stay the best that we can and are happy to hear that this what one of your best hotel stays. We hope that you stay with us again on your next trip to Williston.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was pleasantly pleased to find a very attractive room, king bed, couch, business desk, fast internet, kitchenette with two burner stove, dish washer, full size refrigerator and plenty of cookware for my stay in Williston, ND. Hot breakfast is included. Staff was very friendly and helpful. This is a new property, near the airport and aiming to please. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There are no "great" views on either side. The place is quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy that you were pleased with your stay with us and that you were comfortable in your room. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Williston area.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I recently stayed here for two nights and was very impressed with the level of service by the staff and the quality of the room. Located on the north side of town, it is less than 5 minutes from the airport. In fact, the hotel is under the flight path of arriving planes. However, since ISN is a small airport, there are no late night flight arrivals. Also, planes landing at ISN are small, and not very noisy. Heading west on 26th Street takes one directly to U.S. 2 looping around Williston to the west. All the features of the room are very good. Small galley kitchenette is located right as you enter the room, followed by a work station/desk. Bed and pillows were comfortable; there was also a sofa and ottoman. This is a great feature since I do not like sitting on a bed when reading or watching TV. Free WiFi connection worked flawlessly. Lighting was good; also plenty of outlets on lamps for charging phones and laptops. The climate controls worked well; shower water pressure and hot water supply was good. (Note: for visitors not accustomed to soft water; the shower water appears to be soft water--not a quality issue, just feels different when rinsing soap/shampoo). The hotel was completely full during my two nights and neighboring room noise was not an issue. Wall paint and decor is warm and relaxing. The staff I met were friendly, over-helpful, and professional. Extra thanks to the night manager who prepared an early breakfast for me at 5:00 am, complete with pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I was surprised and very appreciative of his extra effort. First time visitors to Williston--be prepared; Williston is an oil boomtown with dusty, dirt covered roads brought in from the oil field truck traffic. That said, the housekeeping staff does a great job in keeping all areas of the hotel very clean. The Williston "boomtown" has resulted in a frenzy of construction including new hotel construction. The Main Stay Suites in Williston has earned my vote of confidence: I would definitely return and recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Keystone_Traveler

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the all the great feedback! We are so happy that our staff and hotel exceeded your expectations. We strive to make each guest feel as they were home, so we are happy we achieved that. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Couldn't ask for a better place to stay. Top notch!! Great beds, big rooms, wi-fi, Free loaner dvds, free laundry. Grills for use. Bar. Breakfast. Got it all. Every Tuesday they provide a "managers plate" dinner.I stayed there for 16 days, that equals 18 complimentary meals! The sttaff regularly exceeds expectations. A truly enjoyable place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write review. We are very happy that our staff exceeded your expectations and that you had a wonderful hotel stay. I hope that you choose to stay with us again soon!