“Terrible! Never ever stay here!”
Review of Missouri Flats Inn

Missouri Flats Inn
Ranked #25 of 25 Hotels in Williston
Reviewed November 6, 2010

The rooms are disgusting, although the iron works and the beds wernt the worst. Not a good or safe place for a high school swim team to stay; there are creepy oil workers just sitting around the hotel that u have to step over. Some were even trying to get into some of our rooms. Also, the hotel is very dirty and sleezy. The employees are also not the friendliest people, they are crabby and u can tell that they do not like working here. I am writing this while sitting at the continental breakfast where they do not have proper refrigeration of their dairy products, and have ran out of milk. Overall, this hotel is definetly NOT a good or safe place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2010
11  Thank haileenicole

Reviewed August 7, 2010

We came for a regional ball tournament where our boys had a check-in time of 1pm. They stayed with host families and the tournament directors booked rooms for each state. This hotel would not let the parents check in until 4pm due to the fact they only have 4 housekeepers on staff. Staff is unfriendly and simply do not care because they are booked all the time because of insufficient lodging due to the oil business in Williston. No facilities to visit with families because they will not let you go in their lounging room past 10. It is like being in a college dorm with so many rules. No pool for kids either. I have traveled lots of places and this place is one of the worse due to the staff and their attitudes. Rooms are small too. If their is another place available take it. Don't stay here!

6  Thank jamosmom1956
Reviewed May 15, 2010

The rooms themselves are average, nothing too spectacular, but then again, you're not going to find the Ritz in Williston! That being said, the Missouri Flats has a HUGE problem in the management/customer service department. They come across as rude, unorganized, and basically lazy. Any request from the front desk is treated like a huge effort, and even over the telephone, the clerks come across as rude and unknowledgable. Right now, Williston is booming with gas and oil, so even the scuzziest motels are chock-full. It is nearly impossible to find a room. This causes an issue, because there is no incentive to offer quality accomodations or pleasant customer service, because they know they are guaranteed business regardless. It seems like the management at Missouri Flats is fully aware of that fact and takes advantage of it. Basically "we can treat our guests like crap because they have no other lodging options within a 75 mile radius"! NOT impressed!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank sunkistpeach99
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Made reservations several months in advance. Specifically asked for a 2 double beds and was quoted a price. Upon check in, I was immediately told that although they knew I asked for a double room, that "somehow" it had been changed and now I had a single Queen room. I needed more than one bed so front desk clerk "graciously" offered to give a rollaway bed in the room..no charge. However, the room rate would be the same as the double, no discount for their mistake! Everything in town was booked up so I had no choice. I maybe shouldn't complain since the young couple that came in after me had their reservations completely lost and they were left without any room. I asked to speak to manager upon check in (Fri night) and check out (Sat morning). Was told that no "manager" would be in until Monday morning. Left my name and number, never heard back. I am not wasting any more time on them and instead am directing my efforts towards saving others from the same hassle. Hotel is not filthy, but it is dated and very ordinary. Rooms are rather small (especially the single queen bed rooms). Air condition/heating units are old and either leave a room too hot or too cold. Appears to be under some sort of remodel that never got off the ground. It's almost like some husband has a "honey do" list of handyman projects around the hotel but most of the tasks are nowhere near completion. Location is as good as anywhere in Williston, once you get past the fact that you are in nowhere Williston ND. Bottom line, staying here is one step above bringing your own blanket and sleeping under the stars. There are definitely better options in the Williston area. I learned my lesson not to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank LearnedMyLessonJan10
Reviewed October 26, 2009

We spent 1 night here on a recent trip. We had booked about 1 month ago for 1 night with a Queen bed. The staff was pleasant when we checked in and at first impression the place looked not too bad. Our first room we went into was a handicapped room, I do not know why they would have booked us into this room unless we had requested it at the start. If when I booked they were aware that is all they had they should have informed us ahead of time. I went back to the desk and politely asked if there was anything else left other than the handicapped room and we were quickly moved across the hall to a smaller but regular queen room. Some of the furnishings were worn or in rough shape. 1 of the chairs was lucky it could still stand up on the legs and I think 1 was missing period. The lamp above the table was gone although the 2 hooks were still there for it. The flooring was very outdated in the washroom. The bed was pretty good but the rest of the room was howing it's age. The hallway carpet needed a good clean also. Most of the things that needed work I am sure are due to the amount of workers they get that are staying at the motel. They can be quite rough on things and are more than likely staying for extended periods of time. They come back to the motel with grubby boots and clothes and it will eventually start showing up around the place. The continental breakfast is cleaned out pretty fast with I am sure lunchboxes being filled before workers leave for work. There is no loung at this motel but there is one across the street at the Airport International Inn. This are of motels use to be the far ones from Wal-Mart and now they are the Close ones. I would stay here again for a single night stay without the kids. Most of the motels/hotels are really getting rundown and are in need of some major $$$ in renovations. There is a Brand New huge motel being built right near Wal-Mart called Candlewood Suites but it is not open yet. be preparred to be awake at 5 am as the workers start to leave for work and doors start slamming and vehicles start running outside your room .

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bojangles
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I have to say that I am very impressed with the staff and professionalism at this place. Since the minute I made my reservation they made me feel welcome and cared for. Not the typical service I get when staying at a hotel.

When I checked in, the Front Desk personal were very friendly and warm. I have never been in this location before so I asked what there was to do around the area and they pointed me in the right direction to go enjoy some time away from the hotel.

The rooms were very clean and neat and I will definitely be staying here again in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank jrkenney2001
Reviewed August 19, 2009

When you have an experience like mine - it is tough to tell where to start. So I'll start by saying that the staff is unfriendly and incompetent. My room was not cleaned on the 1st day. I am not sure what I was thinking at the time - but I requested that the room be cleaned - at 8:30 PM the room was cleaned. I requested a discount for the inconvience.
To my surprise I talked to the manager on the evening of the issue and was told that all would be handled in the morning. So I recieved my phone call in the AM and was told I was being asked to leave the HOTEL. WOW. Poorest service quality in America that I have experienced in some time.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
6  Thank rubenamy
LisaB09, Manager at Missouri Flats Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2009

As the Manager of Missouri Flats Inn, I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the problems that you encountered. The issue that happened while you were checking in was due to miscommunication about what documentation is required of Corporate Lodging guests, we do require a Corporate Lodging card. Your company does not use the card, they still use the old system of sign in sheets. This created a little confusion for the staff. This has been addressed and resolved. The other problem that you experienced with housekeeping was due to faulty batteries in the door lock to your room. The batteries were low and gave an incorrect reading that made it appear as though your deadbolt was on. Once staff was made aware of what had happened, your room was cleaned. I again apologize for your inconvenience and I thank you for your patronage to our motel.