“It's not just the Super8, its the whole town that bites.”

Super 8 Williston ND
Super 8 Williston ND
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Williston
Reviewed July 29, 2009

The hotel: Mud all over the parking lot, from all the pickup trucks working at the oil fields. Mud covered entrance mat, with mud tracks all over the entrance lobby. When I first checked in, there were spilled Doritos (or some other chips) all over the place, the disinterested slob working at the front desk blamed it on "renovations".

The room: older style, small room, with stucco ceiling and walls. A/C unit reaked of mildew when turned on, I had to go to Walmart to buy Lysol. Chairs had some unknown grease stains all over them. And, there was a public washroom right next to the room.

The town: this is a dirty mud-caked town, overrun by oil field workers. Every single hotel is booked solid every single night by the oil company's and their workers. Restaurants (ate at Granny's "family" restaurant) are overpriced, and food quality is terrible. This restaurant was dirty and if it was in any other city would be closed by the public health department. I guess the only choice is the town's Applebees (I guess you know what you'll be getting.)

The lowdown: The best part of the stay in this place was leaving.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank gomerpyle
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Williston ND

Reviewed June 6, 2009

Touring north of North dakota and only had tine for 1 night stay so picked Williston as easy access over border from Canada.

Just wanted a cheap hotel and thats what we got.

It was fine for an overnight stay, the room was ok but no c reamer and sugar left with the in room coffee.

Went to reception but they had none either! Had to go to madjoining bar where they provided sugar and milk.

Good location and easy to find - breakfast acceptable

As mentioned, good value for the money

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jonlam
Reviewed March 17, 2009

Although under some renovations everything was clean and staff very friendly and helpful. Our stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2009

NEVER AGAIN The pool is filthy, the rooms filthy, the staff unfriendly and just plain rude. It is the only motel that allows outside pool parties in which there is NO SUPERVISION from parents or the like. At the very least, the staff could put a restriction on the use of the hot tub to children. Whoever heard of todddlers in life jackets using a hottub anyway! If you want a great place with clean rooms GO to the Marquis!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Montanafriend
Reviewed September 16, 2008

When we arrived at the hotel there were already two parties in front of us checking in. The first person in line was from Canada and the desk clerk had no idea what to do with this person (no reservation) as she wanted to collect all kinds of data before offering him a room (as if he were going to take over the world while a guest). After about 20 minutes she finally got him into a room. The desk clerk spent another 15 minutes checking the next person into a room (they had a reservation) but had to listen to them rant about receiving a speeding ticket earlier in the day (do NOT speed in North Dakota).

When it was finally our turn, she could not find our reservation. She tried to give us a room that was not what we had reserved for far more money. Luckily we had printed our confirmation so she had to honor the rate. However, she had already given away the last king room and we were forced to take two doubles (not queens) on the 2nd floor.

After we returned from dinner the desk clerk called and miraculously found our reservation, as well as a king bed room. As we had already unpacked, we decided to stay where we were.

The hotel layout is a bit weird (lots of split levels) and we were about 2 1/2 floors above the lobby. We had a room overlooking the pool area without an outside window. This was kind of goofy and didn't allow for natural light wake-up in the morning and there was noise from the pool until 10:30pm when they closed and turned out the lights.

The room itself was clean and spacious.

We visited the pool which was quite popular with the many families spending the night. The spa was large but quite hot.

The hotel provides a computer with internet for guests to use in the lobby, but unless you have a lot of time don't bother--it's very slow. There is wi-fi in the rooms.

With the exception of the front desk clerk at check-in, I'd say the property itself was average, but the human element didn't meet expectations.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dangrad
Reviewed September 3, 2008

This was the cheapest hotel we stayed in on a 3 week trip, and in the poorest condition. For starters we did not get the poolview room we had reserved. The room and bathroom were VERY small with double beds. The sheets and towels were threadbare, and the beds were very saggy. The walls were paper thin and we could hear everything the neighbors said. The breakfast was also very minimal. Unfortunately, about the only place to stay for quite a few miles. We had stayed here about 10 years ago and recall it being much nicer then. They are in need of a complete renovation.
Beware of their Trip Rewards program. We were close to having enough points for a free night and they cancelled our account for inactivity even though we had 3 reservations pending for this trip. Needless to say we were outraged and cancelled our other reservations with this chain, but unfortunately could not find any other accomodations in this area.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2008

When my husband and I arrived all seemed fine.
We were relocating from Northern NV and discovered in the first week of being here that finding a place to live was next to impossible.
So we knew we were going to live in a motel for a while, and we've made the best of it.
I was already frustrated, my daughter was about to fly up and start school and I still had not found a home, I had my yorkie and my cat in a motel room, and living quarters were tight, so I was very depressed.
The rooms are a bit dated, carpets are dirty, beds are saggy and uncomfortable, the drain in bathroom sink drains very slow, and the rooms have a fishy/urine like smell to them so I bought a candle and some deoderizing spray.
They have a lot of working guys staying at the motel, they are loud and many of them drink in the parking lots and party which makes for loud neighbors..
The real problem started about 3 weeks into our stay..
I was borrowing the vacuum to clean my room and I would carry linens down and get fresh ones, I felt because I was staying for a while I would relieve house keeping. It seemed to be working just fine, I just kept my do not disturb sign out on the door, and they wouldnt bother me.
I went down for breakfast one morning and said goodmorning to the girls in the hallway by my door, they greeted me. When I returned to my room the door was propped open, 3 girls were in my room, one was holding my purse another playing with my dog which was in her kennel when i left and the other was almost to be on the lookout. I asked them to leave my room, I had a do not disturb sign up and none of them asked me if I wanted service when i seen them in the hallway. I called the manager, and she says very rudely " I told them to go in your room, it is our policy to go in every three days and clean your room, and you have not been letting them in"!
I told her I did not know this was policy and no one told me they needed in my room, no one has asked me to come in for me to not let them! and then I explained they were playing with my animal and had the door open for my cat (who by the way is a supreme grand champion show cat) to get out, and one was holding my purse. She replied very angrily and said they are coming up to clean your room now, I said no they are NOT, I still need to get in the shower and they can come in when im finished, she replied NO they are coming in now, I asked her what happend to common curtesy or customer service, and I hung up.
I waited for 1 hour when i got a phone call from the manager saying have you made up your mind, and I asked her what would I make my mind up for, she said are you leaving or are you going to let the house keeping in, I told her I didnt have a choice according to our last conversation and I have been sitting here waiting for them, I have not showered, and I needed to get ready to leave. She stated to me I would have to have a walk through on a daily bases, and room cleaned every three days, and that if I left the room I would have to take my animals with me from now on, well maybe my dog but packing up a scared cat is impossible, I was in tears, i was alone cus my husband was out on a work location for a week, and I didnt have any where to go, there were no other motels avail. I felt very alone and hopeless....and from that day on she has harrassed me as often as she can, always has somthing mean or demanding to say to me. She is a aweful, stuck up woman, very unapproachable, very inconsiderate, has absolutely no managerial skills, and REALLY needs to be knocked off her high horse.. I am now transfering to the El Rancho Hotel, where I have talked to management and can say WOW what nice people they are over there.
If you like to be treated badly, and made to feel an inch big then the stupid 8 motel is your place......
I am so happy to be leaving this hell hole!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank taranyos